Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullying, Quitting, etc. <3

4 posters

Go down

Bullying, Quitting, etc. <3 Empty Bullying, Quitting, etc. <3

Post by Helaine Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi guys!

I really felt it was important to update you all on my current situation relating to the post I received so much feedback on yesterday. I am so happy to say that standing up for myself proved to be extremely valuable! Not only have I worked it out with a lot of the people I had issues with, but we are on our way to friendship recovery! c: With that being said, I have decided no longer to quit. :3 I assure you, this was no hoax, I promise!!! I had all intentions of quitting as of yesterday. I kind of told off some people and then as the night went on I discovered how I could live a life without this forum. But during the day today, I came to my senses in the realm that I should have handled myself better with some of the people I had issues with. With that being said, aside from quitting/not quitting, I knew I needed to be the bigger person and apologize for my lack of professionalism. In doing so, I learned that the other parties had felt just as bad as well. This led to a reconciliation (which will definitely need working on, but it's progress!), in which I am so happy to be a part of. Because of this, I have decided to stay to work on these friendships, which is something if I weren't doing, I'd most certainly regret later. And I just want to say that it's really important to be the bigger person. I've been in situations where I've been all into attack mode and that really prevents anyone from moving forward. I'm glad I had the chance to cool off and see things clearly and that my friends have as well. (: So woooo, I'm staying!

In addition to that good news, I heard so many stories of people who have been bullied, on here or elsewhere. (BY NO MEANS DO I MEAN THE BULLYING IS THE GOOD NEWS SO SORRY FOR MY BAD EDITING SKILLS, I MEAN THAT YOU GUYS WERE ABLE TO OPEN UP) It is SO important that we take this seriously. I cannot even begin to describe how painful bullying is and my goal is to eliminate it completely, at least on this site! I am so glad that you all felt comfortable enough to tell me about your own struggles. Especially considering a lot of you were strangers to me at the time! You might not think you have courage or bravery just because you didn't do what I did and publicly talk about it, but you DO. You proved that last night when you shared your stories with me. <3 Even if that simple thing gives you confidence to stand up to the bully, or at least stand up for yourself, I am so glad that you took that first step, and that I will forever be apart of that. <3 As I said yesterday, if you are ever struggling, please don't hesitate to send me a pm or alert me that you need help! And if not me, I encourage you to do the same with someone else! (Whoever you feel comfortable with)

Thanks for reading this message and supporting me in my journey! I have made so many more friends as a result of my post and I'm eternally grateful for that <333
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Bullying, Quitting, etc. <3 Empty Re: Bullying, Quitting, etc. <3

Post by goCards Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:31 pm

bounce
goCards