Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help help help help

+2
Hazza
andromeda
6 posters

Go down

help help help help  Empty help help help help

Post by andromeda Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:29 am

I've been at school for 2 weeks (8 days schooling in total)

ITS AWFUL

I've had over 20 pieces of homework...

Including one day with 8 pieces...

I've already had a stress breakdown and i have time to do nothing, i've barely eaten anything for a while

release me from this horror
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

help help help help  Empty Re: help help help help

Post by Hazza Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:39 pm

Aw I'm sorry, that sucks. Are some assignments due on the same day or different days? Depending on that, you can make a schedule on when you want each assignment done as well as if you have long term assignments.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:58 pm

Nooooooooo!
I would get some done, then small reward, more then bigger reward to self, small steps with something to look forward to. Sometimes it seems too much and have to get help, make sure to take care of yourself.
Miss having fun times online with you.
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Sometimes it's good to take a break from all the homework. You should try taking some time off for yourself and put your health first as it's more important than a paper.
Marilyn
Marilyn
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 5
Posts 968
Tickets 1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanah Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Aww I'm so sorry to hear this Shazza! I can totally understand where you're comjng from because I've been in your shoes for the last several years and I still am. 

In terms of coping with your work, here's some advice I can give you:

-Keep an agenda with all of your assignment deadlines and homework for each day 
-Make study goals (ex: I have to finish my math worksheet and science project by 7 pm). You can always extend the time if you're diligently working and still not done, but that'll prevent you from procrastinating 
-Take study breaks (whatever works for you.. Personally, I take one break every few hours, but I know some people who work better if they take multiple short breaks like 5 mins between each 30 minute work session). 
-If you don't understand something, get help. I know I personally find myself spending 30 minutes on one problem but then thinking, "Omg that was so easy" after getting help on it. 
-Relax. I know you'll be able to keep up with your work. It's a matter of learning how to manage your time. It just takes practice, trust me. <3

Good luck! And don't hesitate to let me know if I can help you in any other way! <3
Savanah
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 10
Posts 4447
Tickets 11470

Back to top Go down

Post by Anika Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:40 am

Oh Shazza, poor you. :/ I totally agree with all that's been said above. You should definitely prioritise your health above everything. It is really important to make sure you eat regularly and healthily. It's pretty easy to neglect the basics like eating and drinking when you're engrossed in studying. I do know what it's like aha. I did sadly go through the whole GCSE and A levels process. 

Here's some tips that helped me and could help you:

- LISTS!! These are just invaluable. I couldn't and still can't stand using timetables. I just can't for the life of me stick to them. Laughing However, I made little post-it note lists every day for things I wanted to get done on that specific day. They weren't long lists - just realistic ones. I also ALWAYS did work on the day it was set.. Usually because it'd be due the next day haha but it's a good habit to get into.

- Exercise.. It really helped me when I was stressed to just go for a walk or a run or whatever. It helped me to clear my mind and does a lot of good.

- Motivation. In my room, I stuck up what grades I wanted to get at the end of the year so if ever I was feeling down or sad I would go look at them and would feel motivated to work.

- Breaks: Savvy already covered this. I just wanted to add that you shouldn't be afraid to reward yourself if you have worked hard.. even if you've worked for 30 whole minutes. You should definitely take a 5-10 min break and relax.

- Teachers: Well most of them should be helpful and you should use them if you can. They are there to helpppp!! *Even if they seem like the worst people in the world lol*

Anyway, good luck. <3
Anika
Anika
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 4
Posts 991
Tickets 13006

Back to top Go down

Post by andromeda Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:51 am

Thanks guys! I tried a few of these and they helped quite a bit, especially the exercise!
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Locked.
Hazza