Fandomtopia
Welcome to Fandomtopia! Register or login today and join the fun!
Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Taylor Swift VS Ariana Grande <333
Today at 1:00 am by Hazza

» say a random tv show
Today at 12:59 am by Hazza

» Tiffany's vs Louis Vuitton
Today at 12:58 am by Hazza

» Post before a member of the Flab 4 posts (Miranda, Gabby, Faye, Camryn)
Today at 12:50 am by Hazza

» What are you listening to? ♫
Today at 12:50 am by Hazza

» The Kpop Club
Yesterday at 3:18 pm by Hazza

» What are you wearing?
Yesterday at 1:11 am by Hazza

» Thanksgiving Break
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:54 pm by meghan

» Official November Poll
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:54 pm by Leela

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

Hazza, yuna ♥

Most users ever online was 112 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 pm
Read our rules here!

Top posting users this week
Hazza
 
Leela
 
Beloved♥
 
gabs
 
Marilyn
 
yuna ♥
 
KPOP
 
lumiie
 
Rydel.
 
meghan
 

Poll

What are you thankful for?

21% 21% [ 7 ]
9% 9% [ 3 ]
9% 9% [ 3 ]
6% 6% [ 2 ]
21% 21% [ 7 ]
6% 6% [ 2 ]
9% 9% [ 3 ]
18% 18% [ 6 ]

Total Votes : 33

Timezones
Pacific Time Eastern Standard Time Mountain Time Central Time Zone South Africa United Kingdom Atlantic Time
Flag Counter

Ribbons

Affiliates
Protected by CopyScape
Protected by Copyscape
Statistics
We have 577 registered users
The newest registered user is lumiie

Our users have posted a total of 287186 messages in 5035 subjects

'Russian Hunger Games'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Oli on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:44 am

"A Russian TV network has launched a real-life version of The Hunger Games.
Contestants will have to survive on their own for nine months in Siberia.
Producers say that anything goes, including rape and murder, although they warn people taking part that they're still subject to the rule of law and can be arrested at any time.
"You must understand that the police will come and take you away. We are on the territory of Russia, and obey the laws of the Russian Federation."
The 20 male and female participants taking part in Game2: Winter can carry knives but aren't allowed guns.
The contestants will have to survive from 1 July 2017 until 1 April 2018 in temperatures which can fall to -40C (-40F)."
(Taken From the BBC website)

Does anyone think this is acceptable? Or RIGHT? I'm shocked and extremely annoyed that this could take place. Have humans sunk to an all time low?

Any opinions?

_________________
|| Theme- Hayley Williams||
Credits to Stacy for my set

"you'll get away from here' you'll get away eventually"
***


***
"the ones we trusted the most, pushed us far away"
"you see it's easy to ignore trouble when you're living in a bubble"
***

avatar
Oli
Moderator Shazza
Moderator Shazza

Join date : 2013-11-02
Posts : 2764
Tickets : 957
Location : living in the real world
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Hazza on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:34 pm

I think this is awful. I don't think there has to be a real life version of the movies. People killing others basically to survive and to win is disgusting. I don't know what our world has come to if they think this is the way to go. The world doesn't need more violence. It needs more love as even there were times recently where we were so divided.

_________________
avatar
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Join date : 2013-08-20
Posts : 85917
Tickets : 79515
Location : With Harry Styles, don't bother me ;-;
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Oli on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:47 pm

@Hazza wrote:I think this is awful. I don't think there has to be a real life version of the movies. People killing others basically to survive and to win is disgusting. I don't know what our world has come to if they think this is the way to go. The world doesn't need more violence. It needs more love as even there were times recently where we were so divided.
I'm just waiting for the comments of "Rape is acceptable on tv so we can do it" to start pouring in. Seeing this made me feel honestly SICK

_________________
|| Theme- Hayley Williams||
Credits to Stacy for my set

"you'll get away from here' you'll get away eventually"
***


***
"the ones we trusted the most, pushed us far away"
"you see it's easy to ignore trouble when you're living in a bubble"
***

avatar
Oli
Moderator Shazza
Moderator Shazza

Join date : 2013-11-02
Posts : 2764
Tickets : 957
Location : living in the real world
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Hazza on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:50 pm

Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:I think this is awful. I don't think there has to be a real life version of the movies. People killing others basically to survive and to win is disgusting. I don't know what our world has come to if they think this is the way to go. The world doesn't need more violence. It needs more love as even there were times recently where we were so divided.
I'm just waiting for the comments of "Rape is acceptable on tv so we can do it" to start pouring in. Seeing this made me feel honestly SICK
If someone actually is going to say that it's also low as rape is not acceptable at all. You can't give me a reason why it would be as in my opinion any is just wrong.

_________________
avatar
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Join date : 2013-08-20
Posts : 85917
Tickets : 79515
Location : With Harry Styles, don't bother me ;-;
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Oli on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:01 pm

@Hazza wrote:
Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:I think this is awful. I don't think there has to be a real life version of the movies. People killing others basically to survive and to win is disgusting. I don't know what our world has come to if they think this is the way to go. The world doesn't need more violence. It needs more love as even there were times recently where we were so divided.
I'm just waiting for the comments of "Rape is acceptable on tv so we can do it" to start pouring in. Seeing this made me feel honestly SICK
If someone actually is going to say that it's also low as rape is not acceptable at all. You can't give me a reason why it would be as in my opinion any is just wrong.
I agree 100%. The whole point of the hunger games is that it's futuristic and barbaric and violates human rights. Why anyone would do this is beyond me. It's upsetting that humanity is now so sick and twisted as to watch this on tv

_________________
|| Theme- Hayley Williams||
Credits to Stacy for my set

"you'll get away from here' you'll get away eventually"
***


***
"the ones we trusted the most, pushed us far away"
"you see it's easy to ignore trouble when you're living in a bubble"
***

avatar
Oli
Moderator Shazza
Moderator Shazza

Join date : 2013-11-02
Posts : 2764
Tickets : 957
Location : living in the real world
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Hazza on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:03 pm

Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:
Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:I think this is awful. I don't think there has to be a real life version of the movies. People killing others basically to survive and to win is disgusting. I don't know what our world has come to if they think this is the way to go. The world doesn't need more violence. It needs more love as even there were times recently where we were so divided.
I'm just waiting for the comments of "Rape is acceptable on tv so we can do it" to start pouring in. Seeing this made me feel honestly SICK
If someone actually is going to say that it's also low as rape is not acceptable at all. You can't give me a reason why it would be as in my opinion any is just wrong.
I agree 100%. The whole point of the hunger games is that it's futuristic and barbaric and violates human rights. Why anyone would do this is beyond me. It's upsetting that humanity is now so sick and twisted as to watch this on tv
Exactly. I don't know anyone who would want to watch it on TV, but there may be some that love to watch violence and other awful things. People are pretty disgusting if they rather watch that on TV than do something more important with their lives like I don't know, go out and hang with friends?

_________________
avatar
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Join date : 2013-08-20
Posts : 85917
Tickets : 79515
Location : With Harry Styles, don't bother me ;-;
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Oli on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:06 pm

@Hazza wrote:
Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:
Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:I think this is awful. I don't think there has to be a real life version of the movies. People killing others basically to survive and to win is disgusting. I don't know what our world has come to if they think this is the way to go. The world doesn't need more violence. It needs more love as even there were times recently where we were so divided.
I'm just waiting for the comments of "Rape is acceptable on tv so we can do it" to start pouring in. Seeing this made me feel honestly SICK
If someone actually is going to say that it's also low as rape is not acceptable at all. You can't give me a reason why it would be as in my opinion any is just wrong.
I agree 100%. The whole point of the hunger games is that it's futuristic and barbaric and violates human rights. Why anyone would do this is beyond me. It's upsetting that humanity is now so sick and twisted as to watch this on tv
Exactly. I don't know anyone who would want to watch it on TV, but there may be some that love to watch violence and other awful things. People are pretty disgusting if they rather watch that on TV than do something more important with their lives like I don't know, go out and hang with friends?
If they love to watch violence, go and watch a cartoon or something. But for people to sign up for this, to want to hurt fellow human beings in such a twisted way is sick. I don't understand which sane person would sign up for this? It is actually explicitly mentioned in the rules any contestant must be dubbed "sane", personally i think no human who would do this should be counted as so

_________________
|| Theme- Hayley Williams||
Credits to Stacy for my set

"you'll get away from here' you'll get away eventually"
***


***
"the ones we trusted the most, pushed us far away"
"you see it's easy to ignore trouble when you're living in a bubble"
***

avatar
Oli
Moderator Shazza
Moderator Shazza

Join date : 2013-11-02
Posts : 2764
Tickets : 957
Location : living in the real world
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Hazza on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:
Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:
Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:I think this is awful. I don't think there has to be a real life version of the movies. People killing others basically to survive and to win is disgusting. I don't know what our world has come to if they think this is the way to go. The world doesn't need more violence. It needs more love as even there were times recently where we were so divided.
I'm just waiting for the comments of "Rape is acceptable on tv so we can do it" to start pouring in. Seeing this made me feel honestly SICK
If someone actually is going to say that it's also low as rape is not acceptable at all. You can't give me a reason why it would be as in my opinion any is just wrong.
I agree 100%. The whole point of the hunger games is that it's futuristic and barbaric and violates human rights. Why anyone would do this is beyond me. It's upsetting that humanity is now so sick and twisted as to watch this on tv
Exactly. I don't know anyone who would want to watch it on TV, but there may be some that love to watch violence and other awful things. People are pretty disgusting if they rather watch that on TV than do something more important with their lives like I don't know, go out and hang with friends?
If they love to watch violence, go and watch a cartoon or something. But for people to sign up for this, to want to hurt fellow human beings in such a twisted way is sick. I don't understand which sane person would sign up for this? It is actually explicitly mentioned in the rules any contestant must be dubbed "sane", personally i think no human who would do this should be counted as so
I could see it more with people that live for violence and is violence themselves. Maybe they actually want to kill people to win. If there are psychopaths or just people in general that think that way, it is disgusting. Let's just hope nobody actually signs up for it so they can cancel it.

_________________
avatar
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Join date : 2013-08-20
Posts : 85917
Tickets : 79515
Location : With Harry Styles, don't bother me ;-;
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Oli on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:12 pm

@Hazza wrote:
Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:
Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:
Shazza wrote:
@Hazza wrote:I think this is awful. I don't think there has to be a real life version of the movies. People killing others basically to survive and to win is disgusting. I don't know what our world has come to if they think this is the way to go. The world doesn't need more violence. It needs more love as even there were times recently where we were so divided.
I'm just waiting for the comments of "Rape is acceptable on tv so we can do it" to start pouring in. Seeing this made me feel honestly SICK
If someone actually is going to say that it's also low as rape is not acceptable at all. You can't give me a reason why it would be as in my opinion any is just wrong.
I agree 100%. The whole point of the hunger games is that it's futuristic and barbaric and violates human rights. Why anyone would do this is beyond me. It's upsetting that humanity is now so sick and twisted as to watch this on tv
Exactly. I don't know anyone who would want to watch it on TV, but there may be some that love to watch violence and other awful things. People are pretty disgusting if they rather watch that on TV than do something more important with their lives like I don't know, go out and hang with friends?
If they love to watch violence, go and watch a cartoon or something. But for people to sign up for this, to want to hurt fellow human beings in such a twisted way is sick. I don't understand which sane person would sign up for this? It is actually explicitly mentioned in the rules any contestant must be dubbed "sane", personally i think no human who would do this should be counted as so
I could see it more with people that live for violence and is violence themselves. Maybe they actually want to kill people to win. If there are psychopaths or just people in general that think that way, it is disgusting. Let's just hope nobody actually signs up for it so they can cancel it.
Hopefully. The cost for the show is £130,000 or the equivilant of 1m rupees, so hopefully nobody will sign up

_________________
|| Theme- Hayley Williams||
Credits to Stacy for my set

"you'll get away from here' you'll get away eventually"
***


***
"the ones we trusted the most, pushed us far away"
"you see it's easy to ignore trouble when you're living in a bubble"
***

avatar
Oli
Moderator Shazza
Moderator Shazza

Join date : 2013-11-02
Posts : 2764
Tickets : 957
Location : living in the real world
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by winter on Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Woooow. This is disgusting. Sometimes I really wonder where this world is headed...

The Hunger Games is a great movie, but that's what it should remain. A MOVIE. Not a real-life reality show. It makes me sick that this is even happening. The entire point of the movie was to point out the evilness of the government trying to place propaganda to create a following through sick acts such as hunger games. They were never supported and I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to do this. Ugh.

I just can't even rap my head around people wanting to kill others and rape them as if they were in a hunger game. People truly are sick. ):
avatar
winter
Admin Chloe
Admin Chloe

Join date : 2014-06-25
Posts : 18360
Tickets : 14019
Location : in the stars
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Anika on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:46 am

Your thread made me think of a quote that is very fitting for this situation.. Very Happy

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

avatar
Anika
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Join date : 2012-10-15
Posts : 991
Tickets : 13006
Location : London
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Savanah on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:06 am

Oh my god, this is ridiculously horrific. I don't understand what this earth has come to..it's just upsetting. :/
avatar
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Join date : 2014-07-16
Posts : 4389
Tickets : 11354
Location : Behind a screen..
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Faye on Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:21 pm

I completely agree with everything that's been said above. It's ironic how russia censors websites like linkedin and allows shows like this to be aired on a public TV network at the same time (am merely using russia as an example here, I am aware that other countries do censor content that most of us in the western world would find normal to watch, while at the same time having gross human rights violations).
avatar
Faye
Reporter Faye
Reporter Faye

Join date : 2014-02-22
Posts : 2040
Tickets : 849
Location : London
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by gabs on Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:40 pm

This is so disgusting.

_________________
this liquor's got me
faded talking crazy
avatar
gabs
Elite Member
Elite Member

Join date : 2015-02-19
Posts : 8820
Tickets : 4329
Location : on melancholy hill
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Oli on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:54 am

@Anika wrote:Your thread made me think of a quote that is very fitting for this situation.. Very Happy

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein


It really is fitting, i may have to quote this to the people at school who believe this is not happening. For anyone who wants to know more, here is the link to the official website of the games:

https://game2winter.ru/

_________________
|| Theme- Hayley Williams||
Credits to Stacy for my set

"you'll get away from here' you'll get away eventually"
***


***
"the ones we trusted the most, pushed us far away"
"you see it's easy to ignore trouble when you're living in a bubble"
***

avatar
Oli
Moderator Shazza
Moderator Shazza

Join date : 2013-11-02
Posts : 2764
Tickets : 957
Location : living in the real world
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Russian Hunger Games'

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum