Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Twenty One Pilots Update Thread

5 posters

Go down

The Official Twenty One Pilots Update Thread Empty The Official Twenty One Pilots Update Thread

Post by andromeda Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:41 am

09:53:23

Hello guys!

This is the official FT Twenty One Pilots update thread, by Shazza.

Every so often, I will upload information about the band, and will be looking at comments to see if anyone would like to see certain things in here.

Twenty One Pilots Songs: Top 20.
Fan comments included
20. Goner- (Blurryface- track 14) "Also an amazing song. The new Goner blew my expectations away. I already knew what I was getting into but when it came down to it, I was not expecting the huge explosion of awesomeness in this"

19. Not Today (Blurryface- track 13)  "Absolutely Amazing. One of my best friends, also a hardcore clique member, like me, we were singing this, and my other friends came up to us, trying to interrupt. One of them just gave up and started singing along with us. We sounded horrible, but still...it's the thought that counts."

18. Doubt (Blurryface- track 8)  "This is my favorite song, not only from twenty one pilots, but in general. I love the pure beat, the lyrics make me so emotional, and the song makes me want to jump up and dance. Honestly, this song should be in the top 5! I love it SO much! I recommend it!"

17. Addict With A Pen (Self-titled) "Addict With a Pen is such an emotionally draining song that gives me the chills every time I listen to it. Along with it's upbeat rhythms and down to earth lyrics, it contains some of the most raw and true emotions that no one can ignore."

16. Semi- Automatic (Vessel- track 6)  "Semi-Automatic was the first TOP song I ever heard, and it will forever be my favorite. This song is so well written, and is just a true masterpiece. It really needs to be higher on the list!"

15. The Judge (Blurryface- track 7) "Will argue that this is their best song until I die. It's everything good about top in one 5 minute period. The genre switches, the music itself, Tyler's rapping, Tyler's vocal range, and I think Josh's drumming is just fantastic in this one"

14. Fairy Local (Blurryface- track 4) "Fairly Local gripped me tight and raised me from perdition. I'm sorry, but that's the best way I could describe my overwhelming emotions for this song."

13. Kitchen Sink (Regional At Best/Vessel bonus track) "I have never in my life ever heard a song more fitting of the word "beautiful." Not only are the lyrics an absolute masterpiece, but the music is fantastic at the same time. Seriously about the lyrics though, those alone should rocket this song to the top spot. Less people have heard it because it is from their earlier album Regional at Best, but this is deserving of number one. Holding Onto You will probably always be my favorite Twenty One Pilots song for more personal reasons, but Kitchen Sink is definitely their best."

12. Trees (Regional At Best/ Vessel track 14)  "This song is a work of art, and I'm absolutely obsessed. The lyrics and Tyler's voice are so captivating, bringing together the emotion brought out in this song. It's one of my personal favorites of all of their songs. I really hope they always perform this at their shows, not only does it get the crowd pumped, but I think everyone can create their own meaning to it and relate to Trees on different levels."

11. Heavydirtysoul (Blurryface track 1)  "I'm listening to this song right now. It's so catchy, sticks in your head, and makes me want to dance and sing along. It has a relatable message and the amount of different melodies and layers in this are so interesting. Tyler's voice changes pitch so much, but still sounds great, and Josh's playing is so intense. Great song. This should be in the top ten."

The top 10 are as follows:
10. House Of Gold (Vessel track 4) "First time I listened to it, I thought it was catchy and fun. Second time around, I thought that the mother died. When I watched the music video... I absolutely lost it. It's such a well written song, and I will often be crying by the end of it. It's by far my favorite and I'm actually listening to it right now! This song deserves to be higher on this list!"

9. Ride (Blurryface track 3) "Roll down your car windows and blare it."

8. Ode To Sleep (Regional At Best/ Vessel track 1) "Ode to Sleep is a perfect representation of, well, pretty much everything twenty one pilots is. The way they use their lyrics to describe these intense emotions and go into such excruciating detail so that the song seems to spread through you and moves from your ears down to your heart. The way they so fluently mix tempos and even genres of music is astonishing. Just the pure skill Tyler has with his voice and Josh on the drums and how everything blends harmoniously (despite seemingly rough transitions) is just phenomenal. Hearing this song really gets you going and always makes me think "Wow, I wish all music made me feel like this." Ode to Sleep is overall, an incredible song, and it could be argued whether it's number 1 out of TØP's great number of songs, but I truly believe this song deserves appreciation for just how truly amazing it is."

7. Guns For Hands (Regional At Best/ Vessel track 10) "It is a happy sounding song, and at the same time has very deep and meaningful lyrics to go along with it. Generally, it is a big favourite of the Skeleton Clique."

6. Tear In My Heart (Blurryface track 5) "Any popular song that calls out the government on anything gains my attention. At first, I found it annoying, but then I actually truly listened to the lyrics. I felt so many emotions and sounds behind the scenes of the song, I simply cannot describe. And I understand now why the Skeleton Clique is so passionate about the talent that is TWENTY ONE PILOTS"

5. Heathens (Suicide Squad) "Beautiful and sinister, with a well developed background melody and intriguing lyrics. I've never played/seen Suicide Squad, and this is still my all time favourite twenty one pilots song." -edited. This user originally had in "21 pilots" and i do not accept that.

4. Migrane (Vessel track 3) "So many meaningful quotes to this song. "Sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind","Sometimes death seems better than the migraine in my head" "I am not as fine as I seem", "behind my eyelids are islands of violence", "I know we made it this far, kid" For someone going through depression, these are what get me through a lot."

3. Stressed Out (Blurryface track 2) "There is no description in the English language that can adequately describe this song, it's just such a work of art that I don't think I can do it justice. If you haven't listened to it yet, stop reading this and go listen to it! If you have listened to it, then you too should stop reading this and go listen to it!"

2. Holding Onto You (Reigonal At Best/ Vessel track 2) "This is the first song I heard by them, and now I can sing the whole song. "tie a noose around your mind loose enough to breath fine" is one of the best lyrics. And the transition from "entertain my faith" to "lean with it rock with it" is bomb."

AAAAAAAND NUMBER ONE....
1. Car Radio (Regional At Best/ Vessel Track 5) "This song is a true story, and tells you about what we do. We hide behind music and deny the true reality that we are in. You should probably take your earphones out for a second and look up and just think."
The fact that it is depressing to think isn't really the problem, but that people are so afraid of being depressed, and that fear actually fuels itself and the feeling of depression. To me this song urgently tells me that although it is scary, it is what being alive is and we should not run away from it knowing that eventually peace will overcome the fear in the end. - Zepman"

So there we go! This is the official first post on the thread. I will include a poll to see which song in the top 10 we at Fandomtopia vote as our favourite. Stay alive | - /

"I used to say i want to die before i'm old, but because of you i might think twice"
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

The Official Twenty One Pilots Update Thread Empty TOPXMM (Update #2)

Post by andromeda Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:05 am

09:58:26

So, have all you members of The Clique out there seen the new TOPXMM phenomenon?
No?
Well let me help you out:

TOPXMM (Twenty One Pilots X Mutemath) is the new recordings of 5 of their songs that Tyler and Joseph did live in the studio. A few songs included were Heavydirtysoul and Ride. This was released at 6PM EST on December 19th, and caused a large stir among The Clique.

On their website, not much information is released about the jam session, but there is a picture of the boys together after the recordings, which can be found on the official website:

http://www.twentyonepilots.com/photo
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

The Official Twenty One Pilots Update Thread Empty Re: The Official Twenty One Pilots Update Thread

Post by gabby Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:36 am

Awesome thread~! I watched the TOPxMM video as soon as it came out; it was amazing. Tear in My Heart and Heavydirtysoul were my favorites out of the five they did.
gabby
gabby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 16
Posts 8910
Tickets 4424

Back to top Go down

The Official Twenty One Pilots Update Thread Empty Re: The Official Twenty One Pilots Update Thread

Post by andromeda Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:13 am

Gabby wrote:Awesome thread~! I watched the TOPxMM video as soon as it came out; it was amazing. Tear in My Heart and Heavydirtysoul were my favorites out of the five they did.
I loved Heavydirtysoul
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanah Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:24 am

Wow this is awesome! I don't know much about Twenty One Pilots, but this is a great overview! <3
Savanah
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 10
Posts 4447
Tickets 11470

Back to top Go down

Post by andromeda Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:37 am

Savanah wrote:Wow this is awesome! I don't know much about Twenty One Pilots, but this is a great overview! <3
Thank you! <3
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Wow this is incredible!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by andromeda Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Hazza wrote:Wow this is incredible!
Glad you like it!
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

Post by andromeda Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:47 am

Hey guys!
Here's a quick update:
 THE NEW MUSIC VIDEO IS OUT!

andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

Post by Ireland Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:15 am

I'm so late on this lol, but I love your take on it! I also love Truce, it's so beautiful and I think that song has saved lives. Also, the top two are my personal top two favorites, how convenient. Lastly, that quote at the very bottom has been stuck in my head lately, "I don't care what's in your hair, I just wanna know what's on your mind"
Ireland
Ireland
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2002
Tickets 2572

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down