Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for reporting team

+2
Beloved♡
Faye
6 posters

Go down

Suggestions for reporting team Empty Suggestions for reporting team

Post by Hazza Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey everyone! I've noticed that ever since we started with the fandom reporting team that some members wanted to no longer be part of the group or they start becoming inactive. What are some suggestions that you have to keep them wanting to stay on the team and not wanting to be inactive? It's sad to see people leaving the group or being inactive. Any ways to make it more fun or anything at all? All suggestions are welcome as it helps a lot.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for reporting team Empty Re: Suggestions for reporting team

Post by Savanah Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Maybe we could do like a reporter's "special"? Like for every 5 articles written, the reporter could get something as a token of the forum's appreciation. 

Another idea is reporter of the month, although I'm not sure if we have enough reporters for that. 

Or, what about a poll at the end of every month for members to vote on their favorite article? The reporter that wrote the winning article could get some form of a recognition. c:
Savanah
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 10
Posts 4447
Tickets 11470

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:57 pm

^Those are some fantastic ideas Savanah <3

This is just from personal experience, but it's quite discouraging to spend time researching for and writing an article just for it to receive no replies or very few. I know people do read the articles because of the number of views on the threads, but if more members could leave a simple message such as 'thanks for posting' or 'interesting, I'll check out this show/movie' it does mean a lot and it encourages and motivates reporters to write more!!
Faye
Faye
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 2040
Tickets 849

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:24 pm

I love your ideas @Savanah!

I totally agree with that @Faye. It does encourage reporters to post more if they get replies.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanah Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks Faye and Sammy <3

I agree completely Faye. I know I personally would want to know that members are taking the time to read articles and appreciate the research that a reporter has done. Simple words of appreciation do mean a lot.
Savanah
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 10
Posts 4447
Tickets 11470

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved♡ Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:54 pm

I think those are great ideas Savanah! Very Happy

I agree with Faye since not many people take the time to leave a reply which can be a bit discouraging. :c
Beloved♡
Beloved♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 8
Posts 3477
Tickets 2701

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:07 pm

I would even hope as we have been advertising articles in the newsletter that it would help with people replying to them, but I guess it doesn't. We need another way to make sure that there are a few replies to each article. Most of the time someone posts something and it may get one or two replies and then nobody posts on it again. I would love to see the fandom forums more busy opposed to the games forum.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:53 pm

I agree with what everyone is saying^^ I'm not in the position of a reporter, but I can say that writing a whole post on a topic takes time and creativity. Sometimes, we can be pretty unconscious of that! I know we are recruiting reporters by their love for writing, but the length that they are expected to write can be a burden. If reporters were encouraged to post as short or long as they'd like, it might make it easier for them and the participation of the members. Who says they have to post everything in that first post? Maybe they can extend an update after every week, so the forum can take the time to become hooked up or gain more chances to reply.

We can open the option of style to them on how they'd like to report something. Like for example, for the music category, there could be "Guess the Song" game or a post with just pictures. A coded message held for the audience that will be revealed in the next update (you know, like whoever gets the correct answer first from a question mentioned in the post) or even toss a poll in there (our minds are linked, Savanah!). If the games forum is active and we were to incorporate them into this forum, it would be a win-win. For each time they answer a question right, a prize can be distributed. The original thread starter can even start a scoreboard. A number of wins can unlock ribbons. If you want to get even more complicated, start asking them to provide new facts to add to the thread so they can jump from a level to the next.
We can even have a slot in our profile dedicated only to this.
Words don't always express a reporter's capabilities. ;D
Kit
Kit
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 1
Posts 297
Tickets 405

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Those are some good ideas, Ginger! I definitely do think if we add in games or polls into our reporting articles it would be more fun and make people more willing to post. In the reporting forum I have specific templates of how they can post, but pretty much it is up to them if they want to make their article long or short. Some topics may need less and others may need more. It just depends and sometimes on the person.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by andromeda Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:00 pm

i love these ideas, as a reporter i would be keen to take them on! Razz
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanah Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:33 pm

I absolutely love your ideas Ginger!
Savanah
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 10
Posts 4447
Tickets 11470

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved♡ Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Yes Ginger Yess  Suggestions for reporting team 377636980
Beloved♡
Beloved♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 8
Posts 3477
Tickets 2701

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:22 am

Hey guys! The forum has been pretty inactive lately so I actually would like to start some of these ideas asap! Also if you would like to become a reporter at a chance at some of these you can find the thread as a global announcement.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:54 am

The reporting team hasn't been doing so good lately since we lost many members, but please post your ideas that would help people stay on the team. It'll help a lot!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down