Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphics Boot-Camp Challenge 4

+3
ETRD
King K
Mark
7 posters

Go down

Graphics Boot-Camp Challenge 4 Empty Graphics Boot-Camp Challenge 4

Post by Mark Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:55 am

WOOOHOOOOO!

We are reaching the home stretch!  This is the second last time I will be judging you guys!  That's so cool!

There are a few things that need to be covered before you guys are permitted to read the results.

1st: I will give out all the prizes once the competition is over.
2nd: I am judging A LOT HARDER.  Please do not take what I said personally but apply it to your artistry.  I have been very very picky in this last judging.  I have never been this picky in previous times before.

Ok, shall we move on to the results? Wink 

Spoiler:

Camryn:
{Uniqueness}

Yours looks truly epic.... I am seriously speechless O_O  You totally blended real elements that fit with the character.  It looks amazing.  It's not too busy of a picture and it's totally not simple.  This picture is amazing. I noticed you have used a drop shadow.  You use those often so it's not too new from what you do right there.  That's my only detriment with uniqueness.  Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH for not making the wanted sign like a million dollars.  The proper amount for someone like robin hood would still be even lower than that like around a few thousand, but it is still a lot better.
{Clarity}
The character on the far right in the siggie.  Her face seems a bit choppy.  I know this can sometimes be very hard to fix or avoid.  I actually go in to a pixel sized brush and smooth out the rough edges.  I do that in every picture I make.  Other than that, the picture looks like it's suppose to be a bit foggy in the images.  That's a good element that can be hard to use.
{Complexity}
The complexity of the image is great!  It really adds to the image.  Some of your last pictures were a bit too busy, but here you evened the business way out.  I thank you for doing that.  You have improved since the beginning of this competition.  I also want to add that the avvie seems a bit off with her like that.  I would have chosen the pose on the right mixed with the picture on the far left to meld in with the avvie.  That's it.
{Effort}
I rarely put notes about what effort is so EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS.  This explains how much work I really see in your pictures.  It shows how much of their talent and skill they have portrayed in that particular photo.  In this photo, you have shown me multiple elements.  It almost feels like you used distortion in it.  You have portrayed your true skills on this picture to the fullest.

Luci:
{Uniqueness}

I have no idea how to make a gif and you did!  Oh my gosh!  Teach me your ways oh wise one.  I really love how the knight looks like he is proposing to the princess.  I would say that is a great storytelling part in it.  The background doesn't strike me as a castle though.  It looks more like a mansion with the chair and tables all around the sides.  It still looks very regal though with all the gold ;D

{Clarity}
The characters look a bit hazy.  Just the slightest amount.  I also notice as the knight bows, he gets bigger and stays bigger.  It also appears that he has blue hair..?  Anywho, the princess looks stunning!  The hair bow appears like a real life object even if it isn't.  The cutouts of them are not very well done though :/

{Complexity}
There is a danger to putting bearville characters on a real life background.  That danger is that they just look like they don't fit in.  Sadly, you fell into that trap.  I have seen many many amazing graphic artists do this so don't feel bad about it.  I have even seen the best of the best have their bad days with that.  I even struggle quite a bit with that!  That's why I use cartoony backgrounds!  You're not the only one who hasn't mastered this fine talent.  Also, I feel like the picture just needs a bit more.  It's pretty simple with no effects to give it that mmmm factor.  The mmmm factor is when the picture looks perfect.  I never reach that..... XD

{Effort}
This was not one of your top photos.  I have seen you do stunningly over the top work.  I would say that this picture does not describe what you are capable of.  And you are capable of amazing things.

Katie:
{Uniqueness}

This....is.....stunning.... Oh my word.  It's so beautiful and stunning and *dies of amazingness*  YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME WITH YOUR BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK!  It is lovely Katie.  I will say that princesses are sooooooooo oftenly picked over any other fairytale character.  It's not anything new to see a princess as a fairytale picture :/  It's still very clear and beautiful.

{Clarity}
Ok, let's get started.  First off is that Cinderella is cut out very nicely.  I'm so thankful that she looks rounded.  It's very difficult to read the smaller words.  It took me a good while to finally make out that it says, "a dream is a wish your heart makes."  It really took me a long time to read that.  Cursive is tricky with the eyes.  

{Complexity}
I really enjoy the background on how it is complex by it's simplicity.  It's just so beautiful.  All of the sudden, I see Cinderella herself.  The problem I think is that the effects of the picture were not over-layed (however you spell it) onto Cinderella herself.  She sticks out in the picture.  I would also warn you of mixing two different types of cartoons.  The dress looks odd on her because of the different animation styles.  She looks really nice in it, but it looks a bit ackward.  Once last thing is that it seems the tiniest tiniest amount too simple.  Just a tiny amount.  Other than that, it looks truly fabulous.

{Effort}
This doesn't show what you are capable of completely.  I have seen truly spectacular works of art coming from you.  This is on the lower end of the spectrum.  It still has that Katie flare in it though Wink

those were the results.

We are saying goodbye to.....

Spoiler:

~Luci~

You are a truly amazing and creative artist.  You have reached above and beyond in the graphics I see you do.  This is only the beginning of becoming something even greater.  Don't let this competition hold you back.  The reason why I even made this competition was to make excellent graphic makers into something even better.  That's the only reason why I judge so hard.

:Scores:

~Luci~
Uniqueness: 26/30
Clarity: 29/40
Complexity: 12/20
Effort: 5/10

Total: 72/100

~Katie~
Uniqueness: 26/30
Clarity: 34/40
Complexity: 17/20
Effort: 6.5/10
Total: 83.5/100

~Camryn~
Uniqueness: 28/30
Clarity: 32/40
Complexity: 19.5/20
Effort: 10/10
Total: 89.5/100

Last challenge!

This challenge is different for the both of you.  You both have a challenge that will test you.

I will PM the challenge later today.

Don't worry viewers.  I will post what I PM'd to the contestants.

Stay tuned ;D 
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Graphics Boot-Camp Challenge 4 Empty Re: Graphics Boot-Camp Challenge 4

Post by Admin Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:09 pm

As much as a I love this competition and the progression of it, the criticism is so brutal. I think maybe it should be toned down..

Apart from that, best of luck to Katie and Cammy! <3
Admin
Admin
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 0
Posts 12165
Tickets 1621

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Gl guys! You did so good luci!
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:15 pm

The only reason I judge so harshly is because these guys are seriously the most amazing graphic makers I have ever seen.  That's a huge compliment! O_O  I want to be able to help them as much as I can through this.  I only judge this hard because I want them to learn from their mistakes.  If someone just said to me, "oh you only did this tiny thing wrong and by the way, you are eliminated but I love your picture so much!" that wouldn't help me at all.  I really want to dig into the picture and really give them pointers that will actually help them.  That's why it's so brutal.
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:42 pm

I agree with Anika, but I think it does help them get better when they want to do graphics again and again. Good luck to Camryn and Katie!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:34 pm

C'MON COCONUT AND KATIE!!!!
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 pm

I apologize that I did not send the next challenge yet.  I have been more busy than I thought.  I'll send it ASAP tomorrow. c:
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:09 am

yeah I kind of struggled to finish graphics on time last month because of 11 hours of school each day so I wasn't able to put much effort into it...this month is better but it's still a lot

{yup I'm only on summer vacation}

good luck to all♥
Moose
Moose
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3655
Tickets 2969

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:54 am

If I would have known that I would have helped you out more Luci!!!!  DDDDD:   I'm sorry!!!  O_O   I wish I had known :c
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Good luck to all <3333

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:41 pm

I sent the challenges last week.  Tomorrow is the deadline to send in your pictures!
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:31 pm

:ATTENTION:

I have been contacted by only one of the graphic artists for this round.  Due to the events occurring in their lives, the competitions top winner is closed down.  They will still receive prizes for their hard work, but the ultimate prize will not be given out.  Why?  Because that would mean there is a winner and there is nothing to judge.  I might hold another competition later ;D

Prizes!

:5th:
Totoro

Prize:
A custom bearville set made by me.  She does not need to give me credit for it.  She can take credit if she wishes.

:4th:
Amy

Prize:
A bearville set and furry

:3rd:
Luci

Prize:
Green dino shoes!  If she wishes, she can have a bearville set

:1st:
Camryn/Katie

Prize for Both:
Bbl cap and the choice to have a bearville set

**note: Camryn & Katie, I do have 2 bbl caps but one of them is not equipable.  Whoever contacts me first will get the working bbl c:

PM me when and where to meet up gals ;D

Thank you so much for competing!  I'm sorry that there was no winner but life gets in the way.  We all can understand that.  If I had gotten the pictures from both Katie and Camryn, then I would have called a winner.  Life happened for Camryn and Katie.... I have no idea...

That resulted in a tie.

I might host another competition, but for the moment I will call off this competition.
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 pm

Congrats!
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Hey guys!

Please PM me for your prizes for a time to meet up.  If you don't contact me over the weekend, I will seriously forget to give the prizes to you.  If no one claims the items, I will keep them.  I can't juggle not knowing what items are mine and what items are not along with the stress of high school.  

Sorry guys :c   I'm sorry if that sounded rude.  I don't mead it to be rude.  It's just my last year of high school... :/
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:31 am

thanks c:

I'm also really really busy, so you don't have to give me the prize c:

{You can keep it ^.^}
Moose
Moose
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3655
Tickets 2969

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:50 am

gahh, I'm sorry, I really don't have time to go on bv, honestly. It's a stress getting ready for school in a few days. 

You can keep my prize as well. x:
Camm
Camm
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 14
Posts 2866
Tickets 10470

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:10 am

Congratulations to all <3