Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out

+2
~*Hännäh*~
Moose
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out Empty [solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out

Post by Hazza Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Hey guys. I'm really annoyed right now. I use Pizap to cut out people and such, but the thing is I'm working on a graphic and even after I cut out I see little dots or something that is outside of the picture. I couldn't see it on the picture before I submitted it. What I'm asking is if there's a faster and better way to cut out. I'm not asking about if there's anything differently I can do on Pizap, but another program/site I can use. I'm not that good at cutting out, but if there's a program that I can use to make the process go faster where I don't have to do that much that would be amazing! I suggest for the program/site to be free or at least a free trial, but I'm not sure if I'll actually buy it if I don't make graphics everyday.

Thank you so much, this help is appreciated!

Last edited by Hazza on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out Empty Re: [solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out

Post by Moose Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Gimp 2.8 works; I suggest trying the lasso tool because it cuts graphics out cleaner than the magic wand tool

Also, if it's a gif, you might see some of those random pixels
Moose
Moose
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3655
Tickets 2969

Back to top Go down

[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out Empty Re: [solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out

Post by Hazza Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Oh thank you!
I actually downloaded some other programs. Is Paint.net good with cutting out? I'm actually looking at the directions on how to do it.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Hännäh*~ Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Ohh well I actually use microsoft PowerPoint 2010 it's super easy so what you do is paste your picture or screenshot on PowerPoint, then you can crop it to the size you want. once that's done you double click the picture and click remove background it's really easy and it starts it off for you it's even easier if you have you picture in skate park. I could put up a picture tutorial if you like Smile hope I helped! XD
~*Hännäh*~
~*Hännäh*~
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 159
Tickets 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Oh wow that would be amazing!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:50 pm

I like Hannah's method I'm just not sure on how the quality of the image would turn out. I hope someone can help you<333
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:57 pm

well I used to do the powerpoint/word method, but then sometimes it doesn't cut out the image the way I want it to xD
Moose
Moose
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3655
Tickets 2969

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Oh, well, I'm downloading it to see how it is. Perhaps I'll also download what you suggest, but I've already been downloading a lot of stuff today.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Hännäh*~ Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:15 pm

1. so open powerpoint...creenshot or picture (right click and press paste)[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out Tutori10
2. paste your screenshot or picture onto the slide (right click and press paste)
[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out Tutori11

3. crop you pircture to the size that you want Smile

[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out Tutori12[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out Tutori13so after that you want to double click the picture and press remove background, shown in the picture above

4. when you press remove background it starts it out for you. for instance in my picture, i was in skate park so it cut out skate park and put in only me, i didnt have to do anything. but if you have a complicated background you can just remove it by using the buttons on the top left. if there are specific things you want to take out or put back in, i would suggest enlarging the picture when you remove the background to you can make precise cuts:

[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out Tutori115. once your done just click "keep changes and your done!" for an example of how this turned out you can look at my siggie or avvie that i made. i used microsoft powerpoint for it:) hoped this  helped! lol 

[solved]Graphics Question: Cutting Out Tutori12
~*Hännäh*~
~*Hännäh*~
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 159
Tickets 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Well I tried downloading it and it asked for my product key. Idk what my key is or if I even have one. Is there a way to avoid that?
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Hännäh*~ Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Idk :/  because my dad downloaded it, maybe you can get around it or maybe someone has downloaded it themselves could help you, but if all doesn't go well, i will be glad to remove the backgrounds off of any picture that you need and just pm the finished product?
~*Hännäh*~
~*Hännäh*~
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 159
Tickets 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:28 pm

No, there isn't a way to avoid it.

I recently uploaded word onto my laptop so yeah :/
Moose
Moose
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3655
Tickets 2969

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Well on my Windows computer I already have Word on there and I think Excel as well, but not Powerpoint. I'm the only one who uses a Windows computer and I don't think any of my parents would have kept the Product key if there's even one. I had this computer for a few years already. 

I downloaded GIMP yesterday, but I think I need to play around with it to get the hand of it.

I guess anyone could cut out the items for me with the background and I can do the text or any other thing by myself.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Hmm if your using powerpoint you need to have bought it yourself and most of the time they come in packs with like Word and Excel etc. I'm not sure but is there a magic wand tool on GIF which could be a possible method to cut things out?
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:13 pm

I used word to cut out, but whenever I copy the link onto paint a white background is there. So my question is where should I paste it or how should I save it so there's no white background?
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 am

Paste into paint and try and save it?<333
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:31 am

I paste it onto paint and do all of that stuff already, but after cutting it out from word then there's still a white background there. Not sure why though.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by sophie xcx Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:05 am

if you downloaded gimp and gave it a try, all you have to do is select the wand and click on the background. it has the be a grey background c;
sophie xcx
sophie xcx
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 655
Tickets 348

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:07 am

Yeah I have gimp already.
But I already know how to cut out a character though.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by sophie xcx Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 am

if your on gimp click on export as, to save as a png folder.
sophie xcx
sophie xcx
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 655
Tickets 348

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:11 am

And then the white background should be gone then?
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by sophie xcx Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:18 am

if you use the wand on it c; and its transparent when you save it should be.
sophie xcx
sophie xcx
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 655
Tickets 348

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:18 am

Okay, I can try it again later perhaps.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Hope it works <3 c:
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by harryluvbug Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:35 pm

good luck
harryluvbug
harryluvbug
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 269
Tickets 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next