Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dabbling...

2 posters

Go down

Dabbling... Empty Dabbling...

Post by Jəssıca Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:07 pm

What caught my eye was the sight of a thing unusual but plain. It was strange but it looked harmless. The way it rested under that rock, it was nothing natural–somebody had placed it under there. It was out of place! My curiosity stretched beyond its limits, I called out to my new found friend, one who was frolicking among the trees and shrubs. I extended my arm, pointing my finger to the area where the book laid.  For moment it seemed the same thought was running through our minds, simultaneously, we ran to the boulder to get a closer look.

Suddenly her belief grew uncertain. “If it’s set under a rock like this, there must be a reason why it’s there! Leave well enough alone, Ernestine.”

“Yet you are also the one who follows me, then decides to insult my interest? You are just as worse! Help get it out, will you?” I hissed. Her back and forth sessions of decision was enough to make anyone go through aggravation. On the count of three, we planned to position our hands on the surface of the rock and pushed it backwards. The first attempt, we nearly broke our wrists. Second attempt, we feared our limbs would be sucked beneath the darn thing. At our third–and last attempt, a strength from above assisted us, we grabbed the paperback from its prison and rejoiced in our own kiddish way.

I snatched the book out of her hands, my tongue stuck out from my mouth playfully. “Now let us see what could be in this book. Drawings? Songs? Collection of knickknacks? Or desired philosophies?” I wiggled my eyebrows at her, who was appalled with my brain. As I opened it, the thing was then taken from me, I glared at the female beside me. “You idiot! I was beginning to read!” I yelled.

She said, “You can’t read if nothing is written.”

“Gimme that,” this was beginning to be a pointless tug-of-war between her and I. I turned every page of the small object; nothing. It was a hardcover of blank spaces.

But oh! Has something drew my attention? Words were written! More like engraved, but luckily something was there.

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”

I repeated those words to myself as quiet as ever. My stillness included feeling the breath of the girl beside me, reaching my neck. My head turned and I gazed at her in confusion. “What does this mean?” I asked.

“It means what it means…” She responded. I rolled my eyes at her answer, such buffoonery. If it means what it means then what does that mean? What does it mean…

“Dream. Dream of something,” She added. “Dream is to wish. You have wishes, right?”

I laughed a cheerful laugh. “My wishes aren’t what they seem. I wouldn’t wish for a thing.”

She sighed exasperatedly. “Your wishes are nothing but complicated, then. Do what the book says, do it simply…” Her patience grew thin, I could tell. Did she believe this would happen? That my wish–a dream would come to pass? Foolishness. I could have assumed I associated myself with a lunatic.

I snorted, shaking my head in an unbelieving manner. So I shrugged, “My wish… Is for butterflies. Tons of them. Butterflies with the pollination of shimmers that shine as bright as the stars!” I shouted with such enthusiasm. Though, I knew it would never happen anyway.
Jəssıca
Jəssıca
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1506
Tickets 1604

Back to top Go down

Dabbling... Empty Re: Dabbling...

Post by Hazza Wed May 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Locked.
Hazza