Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee discussion

3 posters

Go down

Glee discussion Empty Glee discussion

Post by Faye Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:36 pm

WELCOME TO THE GLEE THREAD

Glee is a musical comedy-drama TV show which was broadcast by Fox.
There are 6 seasons in total which aired between 2009 and 2015.
The show is about a high school glee (show choir) club; seasons 1-3 focus on the success of the glee club, the lives of its members and some of the teachers, and from season 4 onwards, where some of the main cast have graduated, the plot is split between some of the characters' lives beyond high school and the activities of the glee club back at school.

Glee touches on many of the issues that teens face nowadays and the underlying message of the show is acceptance of who you are. Without giving too much away, at the beginning of season 1 (and arguably in seasons after that as well) members of the club are seen as 'losers' and some are bullied by more popular students, notably by having slushies thrown at their faces. 

As well as the dramatic element of the show, songs are covered in each episode in a range of genres such as pop, rock and musicals. Some episodes involve the characters covering songs from one artist only; other episodes feature 'original' songs as well and 'mash-ups' of two songs. The songs almost always have some sort of relation to the plot line, and are well worth a listen to even if you don't watch the show (I'll list my personal favourites/recommendations below).

Glee is one of my favourite shows ever (and I watch a lot of tv haha) because of how relatable it was to me. It's really comforting to have characters in a show who aren't perfect, and although some of the situations can be a little too dramatic or unrealistic, and in my opinion I would have liked to see more of some of the original cast members in later seasons, it makes for good viewing  Very Happy All this is combined with musical numbers which are creatively intertwined with the storyline, some of which are genius  Cool 
I'd definitely recommend this show to anyone, but because of some of the themes I'd suggest viewers to be over 13 years old (this is just a guide though)

Glee is available to stream on Netflix in some countries or just watch it online for free because it certainly isnt on my netflix

FAYE'S FAVOURITES:

CHARACTERS: Rachel, Tina, Blaine, Brittany, Kurt, Mercedes
COUPLES/PAIRINGS: Kurt/Blaine, Santana/Brittany, Rachel/Finn, Quinn/Puck, Tina/Artie, Sam/Mercedes
GROUP SONGS: Don't Stop Believing, Keep Holding On, We are Young, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, My Life Would Suck Without You, Take on Me, Just The Way You Are, Don't Speak, Fix You, The Scientist, On Our Way, Longest Time, We Got the Beat, Halo/Walking on Sunshine, It's My Life/Confessions, Pompeii, I Lived, Loser Like Me, Born This Way, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
DUETS: Ain't No Mountain High Enough, I Feel Pretty/Unpretty, Popular, For Good, Flashdance (What a Feeling), I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Don't You Want Me, Teenage Dream, Perfect, Bring Him Home, Story of My Life, Poker Face, Best Day of my Life, Smooth Criminal
SOLOS: Jessie's Girl, Gives You This forum has blocked this word. -Admin., On my Own, Defying Gravity, Girl on Fire, True Colours, Cough Syrup, Don't Rain on my Parade, Go Your Own Way
(will update with my favourite episodes later)

Thanks for reading such a long thread (sorry it's just that i love this show!!) and I hope there are more glee fans out there  Wink
Faye
Faye
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 2040
Tickets 849

Back to top Go down

Glee discussion Empty Re: Glee discussion

Post by Hazza Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 pm

I love Glee! I haven't watched it in a long time, but I loved watching it and I miss the show. It's still sad that it has ended. All of the characters are amazing.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:00 pm

I actually only started watching it in early 2015 I think, but it's so good how the material in the earlier seasons (like 2009-2010) is still relevant today lol. I actually watched the episodes where they prepared for graduation during my own last year of high school (this year) so that was super emotional haha.
Faye
Faye
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 2040
Tickets 849

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:22 pm

I totally agree! I don't exactly remember when I started watching it exactly as I had to get the glee discs or something until I was able to watch it on TV. That sounds like it would feel like that if you were getting ready for your own. If I watched those episodes around the time of mine I may feel the same way.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Anika Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:10 am

I only really watched seasons 1-3 and maybe some of 4? I can't really remember too well. xDD My favourite duet was the pretty/ unpretty one though with Rachel and Quinn, as well! That was really sweet. ;D I should probably get round to watching the rest of the episodes!
Anika
Anika
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 4
Posts 991
Tickets 13006

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:44 pm

I'm actually rewatching a little of Glee for fun and now it seems like I really want to watch it because of my favorite ship of all time, Klaine. I love them so much and just watching them when they first started out along with everything else brings back a lot.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down