Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fandoms Taking Over Fandomtopia

+3
Anika
Hazza
Helaine
7 posters

Go down

Fandoms Taking Over Fandomtopia Empty Fandoms Taking Over Fandomtopia

Post by Helaine Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi guys!

I have a very special announcement for you all, that I am very proud to share!

As you all know, this is a fandom forum. However, it doesn't really seem like one. It's more of a hangout spot for all of us old (& new!) friends, in which we make graphics and talk about life.

Transitioning onto a more personal note (simply because this is how the idea came about)...as you might know, I will be heading to college soon! Because of this, I have decided to quit the forum/step down as admin in January so that I can focus on school. However, the reason I am going to school is to become an actress (top goal) or an entertainment reporter (my parents both are in the TV business via reporting/producing/etc, which is where I got my love for this). Basically, what that means is I want to be the next Giuliana Rancic or Maria Menounos for E!. But then I started thinking...after all, we are a fandom site, even though as I mentioned before, we aren't really oriented that way. And if this is a fandom site, that could turn into an entertainment/reporting site, in which case that would mean I could technically stay because it's kind of adding and assisting to what I want to become....(; See where I'm going with this?

Anyways, I mentioned to Sammy that we should start making this a real fandom site, instead of whatever this is, although I love our forum, but I feel like this will only add to its amazingness. She completely agreed that this would be a great direction for the forum to go in.

To take it one step further, now we come to the idea as a whole that I am sharing with you today! (:

Currently, we have staff groups that consist of Administrators, Graphic Artists, etc. What if we added a new group to the list that is dedicated to fandoms? What do you mean? - you might ask. Let me help clear everything up.

Here at Fandomtopia, we have multiple fandoms relating to celebrities (singers, actors, internet stars), movies & tv shows, online gaming, books, and so much more. We are proposing that this new group consist of members who serve as reporters to deliver information about these fandoms!

This group would then be divided into individual categories such as fashion, celebrity news, world news, politics, sports, and so much more. For example, I am obsessed with all fashion trends and celebrity news. Therefore, I would serve on either the fashion or celeb team (or both, this hasn't been decided yet) and would provide all the latest trends to you or all the latest celeb information (such as brangelina's divorce updates). Therefore, I'd kind of be like a fashion columnist or a tabloid magazine.

So we need your help -- what topics (fashion, sports, celeb, world news, etc) would you be interested in adding to this group? And do you like this idea?

Also, if you have any questions, please let me or Sammy know by either sending us a PM or by simply replying to this topic! (: Even as the person who proposed this idea, it's a difficult one to describe to others (I know exactly what I mean in my head, but it's hard to formulate the words to others to get you to see my vision). Therefore, I would be happy to answer any questions you have for me! (:
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Fandoms Taking Over Fandomtopia Empty Re: Fandoms Taking Over Fandomtopia

Post by Hazza Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Thanks for posting! I'm really excited to get this idea moving and I really hope you guys like it as much as we do. Like she said, if you have any questions about it I'll be more than willing to answer them.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:17 pm

This would be really cool! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:18 pm

Sammy: No problem, I'm excited too!

Meghan: Thanks! Glad you like it!
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Anika Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:27 am

This is a cool idea.
Maybe the portal could be used for news updates? It would be nice to see it being used, maybe? By news updates, I mean around general news.
I can't wait to see this come into motion. Very Happy
Anika
Anika
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 4
Posts 991
Tickets 13006

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:57 am

Oh, good idea! We will definitely consider this Very Happy
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanah Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:27 am

This is an amazing idea! I like Anika's idea too about posting news updates on the portal!
Savanah
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 10
Posts 4447
Tickets 11470

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:50 am

This is an amazing idea~! Anika's idea is awesome and I'd love to see it happen. (:
gabby
gabby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 16
Posts 8910
Tickets 4424

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:37 pm

Thanks for your idea, Anika! I definitely think using the portal would be good to use.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:26 pm

This is great!
Marilyn
Marilyn
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 5
Posts 968
Tickets 1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefanie Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:49 am

This is such a neat idea! I love it!
I would love to participate in this idea.

Some other categories I can think of are Food Critics and Movie Critics!
Stefanie
Stefanie
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 100
Tickets 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:03 pm

Locked.
Hazza