Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K-Pop News Notice!

4 posters

Go down

K-Pop News Notice! Empty K-Pop News Notice!

Post by coridelent_pr Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi, loves! I love you

I wasn't sure if it was appropriate I post this in the K-Pop News Thread, so here I am! I noticed many links in that thread lead directly to AllKPop, a K-Pop site known for gossip and instant news. Not sure if many of you know, but AllKpop is responsible for sharing and leaking inappropriate pictures of an idol when she was a minor(?) and they are overall an unreliable source, known for altering and "mistranslating" articles. This site causes plenty of fanwars and unwanted attention, for all the wrong reasons. I'm not sure if sharing links to other sites is allowed here, but I can provide a thread with all of the information (in detail) about why AllKPop is horrible and shouldn't be used as a source for news.

There is a substitute however, which is Soompi. The news may not come instantly (in some cases), but the important part is the integrity of journalism: being able to report the truth after doing tons of research from primary sources and other reliable sources. I just thought you guys should know that!
coridelent_pr
coridelent_pr
Amazing Member
Amazing Member

Reputation 1
Posts 10
Tickets 15

Back to top Go down

K-Pop News Notice! Empty Re: K-Pop News Notice!

Post by Hazza Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Actually on the BTS forum I am on they said that site wasn't so reliable, but it's the first one I know of so that's why I kept on using it. I know the other site you mentioned, but I don't visit it all that often. I don't care how you get the information from as it's not really a kpop forum, but I can understand how other sites would be better.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by coridelent_pr Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 pm

Hazza wrote:Actually on the BTS forum I am on they said that site wasn't so reliable, but it's the first one I know of so that's why I kept on using it. I know the other site you mentioned, but I don't visit it all that often. I don't care how you get the information from as it's not really a kpop forum, but I can understand how other sites would be better.
Ah, alright! I was just making sure everyone was aware of the site and that there are alternatives if anyone is interested at looking into it!
coridelent_pr
coridelent_pr
Amazing Member
Amazing Member

Reputation 1
Posts 10
Tickets 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:02 pm

coridelent_pr wrote:
Hazza wrote:Actually on the BTS forum I am on they said that site wasn't so reliable, but it's the first one I know of so that's why I kept on using it. I know the other site you mentioned, but I don't visit it all that often. I don't care how you get the information from as it's not really a kpop forum, but I can understand how other sites would be better.
Ah, alright! I was just making sure everyone was aware of the site and that there are alternatives if anyone is interested at looking into it!
I appreciate it, thank you!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved♡ Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Thank you for letting us know. I had no idea that AllKpop had done such a deed. I only was aware of Koreaboo being kind of bad as a news source according to a friend of mine.
Beloved♡
Beloved♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 8
Posts 3477
Tickets 2701

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 pm

yup, they're notorious for spreading false rumors and defaming people, that's why i quit visiting their site a long time ago (: thank you for letting others know.
gabby
gabby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 16
Posts 8910
Tickets 4424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down