Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BVB DEMOCRACY!

+3
Sadie♡
✶ℳarina✶
Chloe<3
7 posters

Go down

BVB DEMOCRACY! Empty BVB DEMOCRACY!

Post by Chloe<3 Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:42 am

I think this is how jobs on this forum should be arranged:

Instead of admins(Anika) appointing new admins/other jobs, people on the forum should nominate people to become admins or other job openings. I mean in my opinion this is the most fair way unless you want favoritism gets in the way. :c

I mean no one wants an admin or mod who isn't worth of or doesn't do their job right, am I right?

This is no way towards any of the staff on BVB, I just think this is a good way! Smile
Chloe<3
Chloe<3
Amazing Member
Amazing Member

Reputation 0
Posts 37
Tickets 36

Back to top Go down

BVB DEMOCRACY! Empty Re: BVB DEMOCRACY!

Post by ✶ℳarina✶ Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:49 am

I thought that normally the current admins would open up a job spot and everyone would apply, and then the admins would pick the best fit for the job? Am I wrong?

But nobody would play favorites. We've all seen the kind of backlash that ensues after that happens.
✶ℳarina✶
✶ℳarina✶
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1347
Tickets 1355

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe<3 Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:53 am

That's true but i'm just saying that because i see it on bc. everyone on the chat only gets jobs when i see lots of people posting and i feel like they know more of the forum
Chloe<3
Chloe<3
Amazing Member
Amazing Member

Reputation 0
Posts 37
Tickets 36

Back to top Go down

Post by ✶ℳarina✶ Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:12 am

I don't think you're allowed to talk about other forums here.

And we aren't that forum, mainly because our administrators are actually helpful and friendly people. Razz
✶ℳarina✶
✶ℳarina✶
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1347
Tickets 1355

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 am

I love this idea even though it doesn't happen on here c;. I don't think we would need it for every job but maybe for cbm,tp,mod and admin c: . Ive also seen this idea on some other forum where we get to vote for the best c; so I think this would be amazing. And I agree woth Marina^-^ . Try not to mention other forums c; . (It could lead into recruiting)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie♡ Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:56 am

I do like the idea but sometimes we need a new staff immediately and we can't wait for a whole election. Do you know what I mean? I do agree with above about maybe we could do it for only certain jobs but that is the admin's decision. Also we don't play favoritism. All the admins are doing is picking someone who they think will do good at the job and not who they are good friends with. Everyone has a chance for the job. And all we are doing is treating the person with respect and kindness. I really hope they favoritism thing is all cleared up. But we do respect your opinion so thank you. Also there is more admins than Anika. Yes, Anika is the head admin but there is also Eleanor and Samantha who play a huge part of the forum. I do agree with everyone above... Sorry if that sounded harsh but I hope that stuff is cleared up c;
Thanks for the idea though ;]

^^ Also you can talk about other forums on here but don't recruit<33
Sadie♡
Sadie♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3816
Tickets 3855

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:33 am

Awwwh I think your idea is a pretty good one but I don't see how you'd avoid the topic of favouritism. c: Members are more likely to pick candidates, for roles, who are their friends or are close to them in comparison to maybe someone you may not know who has the skills for a job. I think it is important to give jobs to the members who have the skills and are able to cope with having a job, hence that is why myself and the admins choose people because we have to make sure that those certain people are right for the job..c:

Also BVB is a democracy! We give you free speech and a right to view your opinion! xD We are a lot less oppressive than most forums and our rules are more relaxed than other forumsss c: Perhaps we'll look into the idea of elections but really more issues occur from vote rigging and bribing people to vote for you.  HOWEVER all the staff we pick are the people we see to be good enough for the job and in NO WAY is there favouritism about that. c: We aren't like other forums in that way. Wink

Hope this clears everything up xD

Last edited by anika on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 0
Posts 12165
Tickets 1621

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie♡ Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:55 am

^^ yup I agree with anika<33
Sadie♡
Sadie♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3816
Tickets 3855

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Usually how we do it here is we set up applications for different jobs that may be open. We have always done it like that, but I can't say we can't ever try something different. I think the way we do it avoids any favoritism because other forums may have this (not going to mention other forums here, but I'm sure you have one in your head). When there's an application you can tell how much the person really wants the job and if they are dedicated and all of that jazz while then trying out a totally different process. Besides, we need people that are very active and knows how to do their job than someone who doesn't know anything or isn't active.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:22 pm

I agree with the others, myself and Anika would only ever pick someone for a job if we felt that they are capable for full filling the job otherwise it would be pointless to give them a job if we felt they couldn't do the job properly. I think that if we used the democracy method a lot of bribing and favouritism could go on and create drama and none of us want that! Nice idea but I think the jobs should go to people who really deserve the job instead of people who are picked by their friends c:
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:36 pm

i agree with sadie, anika, samantha, and eleanor
Ani