Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Giveaway [CLOSED. Winners have been announced.]

+15
Rosenkranzz
Aleesa❥
augustღ
Ani
Puppy
ETRD
Mark
King K
CaliforniaGirl
Admin
Violet
*Mags*
casscass
Camm
andromeda
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Christmas Giveaway [CLOSED. Winners have been announced.] Empty Christmas Giveaway [CLOSED. Winners have been announced.]

Post by Hazza Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Merry Christmas everyone! I feel very generous and jolly this Christmas season! There are going to be wonderful items that any of you can win. 

How to win? Well, read below!

All you have to do is say what Christmas means to you and how you celebrate! You can post it long or short, it doesn't matter. Just have some fun with it.

The prizes:
-Bunny Glasses
-Hannah Montana Stage
-Old Red Panda Ears
-Old Red Panda Tail
-Orca
-BBLs (2 to 3)
-Old BVO (to be announced)

This post will be edited though so make sure to check to see if it has.
There is no due date right now, but I'll post one shortly.

Good luck guys (:

There will be three or four winners.

Last edited by Hazza on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Christmas Giveaway [CLOSED. Winners have been announced.] Empty Re: Christmas Giveaway [CLOSED. Winners have been announced.]

Post by andromeda Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Im an athiest but christmas means a lot to my family. We see it as a time to forget about the past and celebrate. Every year we go to my grandmas with my grandad uncle auntie snd co. and then we have dinner together. There is s lot of drama in my family so christmas means to me , a time of prace and a time where we can all love. I would stay at my grandmas after that and on news years day the whole family will have another mean. That is why christmas means a lot, even though we are not of faith, isnt christmas a time for everyone?
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

Christmas Giveaway [CLOSED. Winners have been announced.] Empty Re: Christmas Giveaway [CLOSED. Winners have been announced.]

Post by Violet Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Christmas means several things to me;

Firstly and most importantly , Christmas means the birth of Jesus. It marks a beginning to an everlasting kingdom of God and Christ. It shows the holy God has taken the form of a lowly human in order to sacrifice himself for us. Christmas reminds me of his sacrifice to save us.

Secondly , Christmas is when we spend time with our beloved family. We reunite ourselves for the special occasion of Jesus' birth. For this one day (Christmas Day) we become a tight-knitted family and I , at this time , feel feelings of utter joy and happiness to be with my one true source of happiness. I always feel a slight warmth inside of me when I see Aunties and Uncles which I haven't seen in exactly a year. We become the true meaning of family.

Thirdly , Christmas gives people hope. It fuels their soul to get excited and , as I've said so many times in this , happy. We have all got to admit that we do get excited on Christmas Eve. While we leave out the cookies for 'Santa' , we feel a tinge of excitement in ourselves. I admit that I used to stay up all night listening for the sleigh bells , which never came. However for some people , it gives them hope to think that they may get food tomorrow , or that they will find somewhere to stay in the warmth. Unfortunately , some people still have to stay outside , freezing and starving

Fourthly , I'd like to make a point that Christmas has changed A LOT over the years. Now , nobody ever thinks of Jesus and only thinks about what 'Santa' is gonna bring them. They take all of their gifts for granted. Barely anyone thinks of the holy King in the stable this time , more than 2000 years ago , who had nothing except Mary , Joseph and God. Next time you open your presents , think about Jesus and God. Jesus is the reason for the season. 

Finally , Christmas means giving. I give a lot during the festive period ; gifts , money to charity and , of course , love.
Christmas is a time for sharing our happiness and joy to the important people around you who love you dearly. 

I celebrate Christmas by firstly opening our presents. Next , we eat a delicious (but unhealthy) traditional english breakfast. Then , we go over to our Nana and Grandad's and open a present there. We then eat our turkey dinner in the afternoon. The turkey symbolizes (in our family) the life of all the animals which God created in the seven days. 

Thank you for reading. I feel like this'll be last place entry but I don't really care if I don't get a good ranking.

Last edited by Violet on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Violet
Violet
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1098
Tickets 728

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Christmas is one of the holidays where, in my family, we relax and try to spend as much time together as possible. It is also one of the holiday's that stress the feeling of giving, and not to be selfish. However, most importantly, in my religion, the birth of Jesus Christ. Usually, during our Thanksgiving dinner in November, each of the mothers would draw 3 children's names from a hat (if they had gotten their own individual family they would pick again) and during that period, until the family Christmas party at my grandparent's house, they would make a special gift for each child they had gotten. After dinner, on the Christmas party day, the entire family would sit in the family room and give the children their gifts, kind of like a Secret Santa, except all of the adults know who the 'Santa' is for the kids. Now, back at home during break, my family and I generally make a gingerbread house to display on our island, in the middle of the kitchen and cookies called Russian Tea Cakes are used to represent a snowman, then adding coconut onto the platter the house is on, so it would represent a snowy day.<3 

On Christmas Eve, basically right before we all go to bed, my mother allows my siblings and I to open one gift that she and my father had gotten us all to share. It always seems to make my siblings and I try our hardest to get along throughout the year, so we can muster up the feelings to share the gift instead of hog it, which I really love. Now, lastly, on Christmas morning usually my father cooks a delicious Christmas breakfast, most likely consisting of cinnamon rolls or waffles, eggs, bacon/sausage, and orange juice. Then when my sisters wake up (because I always seem to be the first to wake up) we sit in our family room, in front of the Christmas tree and check through our stockings, leading up to unwrapping the presents we had received and had given each other.

Of course I am very excited every year for the awesome gifts and the relaxing break off from school, but nothing really beats how much I fully enjoy spending that time with my family doing several activities or just talking and making memories that will last forever.
Camm
Camm
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 14
Posts 2866
Tickets 10470

Back to top Go down

Post by casscass Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Christmas. Oh christmas, I can't explain how much Christmas means to me. On December 19th, 2010, my grandma died. When she died I thought my life was over because I lived with her and my grandpa. When my grandma died my grandpa was miserable and I thought my christmas was over until December 24th. On December 24th people from my church came to support us an make us a christmas dinner and give my sisters and I christmas presents. I felt so blessed and truely thanked God for everything he had done for me. After that christmas I truely was greatful for God being so nice to my family and also after that christmas my family went to church every sunday and every christmas. My family tries to forget about our grandma dying by making gingerbread houses, making snow unicorns, giving christmas gifts to kids who can't afford presents at my church and tying candy canes to yellow ribbons and putting the ribbons on tree branches. So if that makes any sense thats why christmas means so much to me and thats what my family does.
casscass
casscass
Amazing Member
Amazing Member

Reputation 0
Posts 55
Tickets 55

Back to top Go down

Post by augustღ Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Christmas is a very joyful holiday. Whenever December comes around I get all excited to see the all the cheery lights and happy people. Christmas is also a time of no school xD I just like to be wrapped in my blanket in front of the fireplace and drink some eggnog. I love the smells, food, and decorations. Christmas time is when the smiles are the brightest. <3 It's when families get together and celebrate a happy time in their lives.

Merry Christmas everyone<3
And a Happy New Year 2015
augustღ
augustღ
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 4299
Tickets 2394

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks to all of the entries so far<33
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by *Mags* Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:38 pm

AbbyAllHeart wrote:Christmas means several things to me;

Firstly and most importantly , Christmas means the birth of Jesus. It marks a beginning to an everlasting kingdom of God and Christ. It shows the holy God has taken the form of a lowly human in order to sacrifice himself for us. Christmas reminds me of his sacrifice to save us.

Secondly , Christmas is when we spend time with our beloved family. We reunite ourselves for the special occasion of Jesus' birth. For this one day (Christmas Day) we become a tight-knitted family and I , at this time , feel feelings of utter joy and happiness to be with my one true source of happiness. I always feel a slight warmth inside of me when I see Aunties and Uncles which I haven't seen in exactly a year. We become the true meaning of family.

Finally , Christmas means giving. I give a lot during the festive period ; gifts , money to charity and , of course , love.
Christmas is a time for sharing our happiness and joy to the important people around you who love you dearly. 

Overall , I celebrate Christmas by giving , sharing and remembering Jesus' birth in that lowly stable and how much of a king he is now. It gives me hope.

Thank you for reading. I feel like this'll be last place entry but I don't really care if I don't get a good ranking.
Like Abby said, the true meaning of Christmas is the birth of Christ. He came down in human flesh, and on Easter, He died on a cross for our sins. What we do as a family, is that we read mukeypoo 2 in the Bible, and it's all about Jesus' birth. After that, we open up presents, and of course, my parents like to take pictures of us. Also, on Christmas Eve we get to open up one present, and it always turns out to be pajamas! We then get to sleep in them for the night, and we wake up wearing them on Christmas morning. It's so cool! Another thing is that we like to look around people's houses in our town, and we look at their Christmas lights. It looks really cool to see Christmas lights on trees. In fact, one of my favorite houses that I have seen is one with dancing Christmas lights. The owner of the house has his own radio station, and on each Christmas song, the lights dance along with it! It's AWESOME!!!! But my favorite thing that we do on Christmas is when my relatives come over to our house on Christmas Eve, and we have a family Christmas party. Especially when it's an ugly sweater party. 

So.... like I have said before, the true meaning of Christmas is not about presents, candy, hot cocoa, or even Christmas lights. It really means Christ's birth, and the reason why He came down in human flesh was because He loves us so much that he would die a painful death. And He did! You see, in the verse John 3:16, it says," For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son. That whoever believes in will not perish, but will have eternal life." It is one of my favorite verses, and that's why it's such a famous verse! 

So....that's all I have to say here. Until next time......
*Mags*
*Mags*
Amazing Member
Amazing Member

Reputation 0
Posts 13
Tickets 12

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:19 pm

First and foremost, Christmas marks the time when my Savior Jesus Christ came to earth in the most beautiful and sincere act of love the universe will ever know.

My family doesn't really have any special Christmas traditions, other than reading mukeypoo 2 before heading downstairs to open presents. No special breakfast, we don't usually get a Christmas Eve gift (we used to, and it was always pjs haha), no batches of cookies to bake. The last time there was a white Christmas in my area was...22 years ago?

Christmas has changed for me a lot in recent years. Last year, my mom had kidney stones over the holidays, and the year before that, she had surgery to remove part of her lung. She's healthy this year so far (knock on wood) which I'm very thankful for. Two years ago, my great-grandmother also passed away. Most of my favorite Christmas memories were at her house on top of the best sledding hill in the city. Three years ago I spent the season with a horrible bout of depression and anxiety.

Less impacting but still significant to me is the loss of my church's annual Christmas production. Last year was it's 25th and final year. Our venue wasn't available this year, three of our most important directors moved on to bigger and better things (state representative and long term foreign missions, for example) and the cost had become outrageous to the point where we just couldn't continue. For 10 years, that was my Christmas. Rehearsals began in October, and even earlier for the choir and orchestra. I lived and breathed Christmas for months, playing the CDs of shows past and annoying the snot out of everyone who complained that it wasn't even Halloween yet. I started out in 4th grade with the children's choir, then went on to have a big speaking role in the opening scene, was a crowd member, played flute in the orchestra, and most recently sat in the back of the arena with the directors watching everything come together. Basically, this show helped lead me to choose my path at college and forward. That was my dream job, producing this thing. And now it's gone. 

This morning at church I saw its replacement, a much smaller version put on at the church itself. It was small. It was short. It wasn't anything near what I was used to. My mom says I'm stuck at the "acceptance" part of the grief stages. I don't think I'll ever get there. The performance was fine, don't get me wrong. But the Tree was such an integral part of my holiday and I can't just let it go. (That was another thing. The highschoolers performed the song "Light of Christmas" by Owl City and TobyMac, which is one of my favorites, and followed it with "Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?" which was a horrible move in my opinion.) I had to seriously focus to hold back my tears several times.

Long story short, Christmas has changed. I'm at the point in my life where I just don't get as excited for Christmas as I did when I was little, and I hate it. I see the decorations and the lights and hear the music and it's kinda just like, "oh yeah, Christmas. right. better find gifts for people." But my little sister is 9 years old and she has that childlike Christmas wonder I so wish I still had. It means so much to her, and that's enough for me.

Man I really tend to ramble on here. Christmas has changed so much.

But the Reason hasn't.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:50 pm

I don't celebrate Christmas. But I do celebrate my good Lord Jesus's birth. <3 

I am so thankful that Jesus Christ was born on CHRISTmas day. :") Without Him, I would have to go to the lake of fire., but He loved us so much He died on the cross for our sins. <33333 Christmas is not about Santa. I don't know why so many people believe in Santa when Santa is not real. The devil has distorted the TRUE meaning of Christmas with a fake person, Santa. St. Nicolas was real according to what I know. He gave gifts to the poor and he was a Christian, NOT Santa. 

I enjoy seeing the lights but never the Christmas tree. The Christmas tree is a cult that many people put up. I hate it so much because it blocks the REAL TRUTH - CHRISTmas. Why does CHRISTmas have Christ in it? Because Jesus was born on that precious and amazing day. <3 People forget the true meaning of CHRISTmas and that's truly sad..

Last edited by FoodForThought on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:11 am

I have lost this. I can tell
Violet
Violet
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1098
Tickets 728

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:22 am

Woah your prizes are so awesome Sammy and it's so generous of you! Good luck to all! <333
Admin
Admin
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 0
Posts 12165
Tickets 1621

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliforniaGirl Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:54 am

Christmas to me is of course about celebrating Jesus's birth and to really think about others and give to others. I go to Christmas Mass on Christmas Eve (: Then I celebrate Christmas with my family every year, on Christmas Day I run downstairs with my brother and sisters and no matter how old we are we are too excited to see what Santa has brought us. Then we sit in certain spots next to our gifts and my mom and dad tell us to open which ones (: Then we have a Christmas party with my family and my uncles, cousins, aunts,and grandparents. We have a huge feast and laugh a lot. Then we open more gifts from them and we give our gifts to them. After that we go to my grandparents house and It is just me, my family, my grandparents, and one or two aunts with their kids. Then we open gifts and give gifts to them there. Then we go to my other grandparents house and do the same thing. After all of this excitement we go back home and we play with the things we got and tell our parents thank you so much. I am always super thankful for what I got. Christmas is not about receiving, it is about giving! I hope everyone and their families have wonderful and safe Christmases! (: Thanks so much for making this giveaway ilysm!
CaliforniaGirl
CaliforniaGirl
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 310
Tickets 535

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:58 am

Your prizes are so generous! Thank you Sammy, good luck everyone<3
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:04 am

Well, christmas is one of my favorite seasons.  I get to relax from how crazy my life is, I hang out with family, we invite friends over and we have a good time, but above all that is the Christmas story we read every year.  That story is the meaning of Christmas to me.  In other words, i'm one of those people who won't shut up about God.  Oh well XD

Danke Samantha so much!  You are amazing and so generous!  It's like you're a sweet angel or something c:
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:27 am

Omggggggg!!!!!!!!! I love christmasssss!!!!!!!! I love the christmas tree! Me and my cat kukui sleep around or under the christmas tree together for a midday nap. Ijusthave so much fun decorating the tree with all the bright and shiny ornaments!

I alao have a secret talent of gift giving :] . I always enjoy figuring out what the person really wants and then getting it to them and see thei face shine. It makes me so goodbalthough after reading this it kinda soinds pathetic lollllllllllllllllll. -

Lastly, this is the only time of they year when i get to see my aunt from hawaii. This is because my aunt was drving her car and a humongous semi truck didnt stop ant the stoplight like the others. This resulte din a chain reaction of
crashing nd my aunt was the one hit by the semitruck directly. Resulting from this car crash, she has gained a spinal injury, an injury that no professional doctor can figure out, ans several other lifelong disabilities. She cant walk easily and it is hard for her to travel so this the only time i really get to see her.

GOOOOOOO CHRISTMASSSSS!!!!!!!!! :]

Last edited by etrd on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by Puppy Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 am

Christmas to me is firstly to celebrate Jesus Christ's birth. I love to sing songs to praise Him and decorate our church with the annual hanging of the green. That is where all of the little children decorate the church with the help of my friend and I. Just seeing the wonder and intrigue on their faces is wonderful. 
    Secondly, my niece is two years old so seeing her reaction to everything just brings a smile to my face. Everything is so new and wonderful just like the thought of new birth around the Christmas holiday. 
    Thirdly it is all about spending time with family. Mine has a tradition that on Christmas eve we go to my aunt's house and exchange gifts with my dad's side of the family. A while back I took a quiz on what my love language was, mine was quality time. So, getting to spend time with people I love is the best time for me regardless if we have gifts. 
    Lastly I love giving gifts to the ones I love. I am blessed with many talents so most of my gifts are handmade. My freshman year I was able to take ceramics. I discovered a new love and passion. Throughout the semester we made tons of different things. My favorite part was deciding which gift would suit each person the best. Everyone loved their gifts. Since then I have made it a goal to make as many gifts as I can. The tradition of giving gifts symbolizes how Jesus was a gift from God.
Puppy
Puppy
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 201
Tickets 225

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Anika and Eleanor: Thank you<33
Food: If you could remove the curse word that is censored that would be great thank you.
Everyone else: Thank you so much for your entries so far<3 They are all lovely to read. 

I haven't decided on a due date yet, but I'm going to possibly add more prizes and decide on if I want three or four winners.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Jəssıca Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Christmas to me is the birth of Jesus Christ – the start of a new age. I love receiving presents and I love decorating the tree, but I truly adore what the season is really about; giving. People nowadays are all about wondering what they’re going to get, they have no room in their hearts for lending someone a hand and making someone’s day. On the other hand, people are so bitter and sometimes they do not have time for absolutely anything. People constantly run through life, not enjoying what is right in front of them, not giving back to those who have been favored to them or those they’ve hurt.

Christ was born to give us a chance, to give us hope and to give us an unconditional love. We as human beings cannot do that for one another in times like these. We’re so caught up in things we want, rather than in things we can give. If the meaning of Christmas is Christ Jesus, in which he gave us his life, why can’t we do the same by giving people happiness? We are supposed to show the love of God and that love does not come in packages, or toys or clothes…

Christmas has changed, in general. People forget where they belong, they are either too busy or too tired, too angry, too bitter and too greedy; always wanting more. It seems out of all holidays, people look at the big picture too much. They never stop and think to realize the smallest things could brighten someone’s day.

The smallest things could be bigger than what you thought the big picture was. Like that baby boy in a barn.

I celebrate Christmas by going to church on Christmas Eve, then my family and I go out visit my mother’s program. In this program, she helps women that have left prison – basically lending a hand in getting their lives back together – and make positive changes in their lives. We be sure to save up a few months before in order to by some nice gifts, sometimes the women just cry because it could be exactly what they needed, or they are just overwhelmed by the love and support they get. I get emotional a bit because I see their families don’t call to wish them happy holidays, and I feel so terrible ‘cause it’s kind of like we’re all these women have.
Jəssıca
Jəssıca
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1506
Tickets 1604

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:36 pm

Sorry to be eager , but we still need a due date...
Violet
Violet
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1098
Tickets 728

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:46 pm

I celebrate the birth of jesus but not christmas itself. (I'm not american or catholic but ofc I'm christian) 
Christmas is a time to be with family and celebrate the birth of jesus. I don't know the santa thing came from but I don't believe in him. Christmas is about jesus, not santa. 

I celebrate the birth of jesus by waking up early with my younger brother. we wake up early and we wake up our parents and my older brother. It takes a while, but after bugging them they wake up. We open our presents first because breakfast can wait. After breakfast, we drive to my grandparents house in La and we have lunch and we celebrate there. Then we drive to hollywood to see my mom's friends. We eat dinner with them and we basically party with them all night. After eating, laughing, singing, and partying, we leave to go back home which is a 40 minutes drive. We can never sleep in the car because we're so happy and excited but we always fall asleep when we're almost home. So we celebrate the birth of jesus not christmas itself.

thank you sammy for hosting this:)<33
Ani
Ani
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 7561
Tickets 10115

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:14 pm

I think that this is going to be due tomorrow, but you will have all day on Christmas to post your entry before I decide on winners. Also there's going to be four winners, but it's going to be different than a raffle this time.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Hey guys, and Merry Christmas! I'm going to announce the first winner. The winner of the bunny glasses. I really want to make some Christmas magic and make someone really happy on this holiday. I have an extra pair of bunny glasses and as I don't really play anymore, I'm willing to give it to someone who deserves it.

The winner of the glasses are...

Spoiler:

Congratulations, you deserve it<33
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:29 pm

congratulations!<3
Camm
Camm
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 14
Posts 2866
Tickets 10470

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:31 pm

WOAH! THANKS!
Violet
Violet
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1098
Tickets 728

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next