Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Issues. Please bare with us as we fix the problems.

+2
Beloved♡
Helaine
6 posters

Go down

Forum Issues. Please bare with us as we fix the problems. Empty Forum Issues. Please bare with us as we fix the problems.

Post by Hazza Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Hey everyone! I was told today that fandomtopia stopped working (meaning that nobody was allowed to access it). However, I got to the bottom of the problem when I backed up the forum, yesterday's option wasn't on there so I had to do 2/25 so that's why the layout is back to what it was when it was still February. The only problem is even though me and the admins are in the group, we can't access the admin panel and the founder account doesn't work for me. I asked forumotion to help us with this issue so please bare with us as we're fixing it. I will update you all from time to time as something new happens. Also, I can't lock, move or delete threads either (mine only) so it's like I'm not even an admin. You may notice that threads and posts are missing so I'm sorry for that as well.

Thanks for staying patient with us through this hard time. I know you are all quite confused about what is going on, I can say that I am feeling the same way.

Last edited by Hazza on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Forum Issues. Please bare with us as we fix the problems. Empty Re: Forum Issues. Please bare with us as we fix the problems.

Post by Helaine Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Oh wow, this is crazy! I experienced this earlier as well when I was trying to log on using my phone at school earlier. It wouldn't allow me to go to fandomtopia so it took be to bearville boulevard which obviously isn't in existence, so it led me to a random nowhere site. ):

Also, it changed my username back now and it deleted more than half of my posts ooo: (meaning I only have 2,364 posts when in reality I have 5,040ish posts ooooo: ) Will this be fixed? Sad
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Forum Issues. Please bare with us as we fix the problems. Empty Re: Forum Issues. Please bare with us as we fix the problems.

Post by Hazza Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:15 pm

I hope so, Lexi. I'm trying to see if forumotion can do anything as I can't do anything myself.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:22 pm

I really wish you luck and if I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask!!
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:40 pm

Update: I was private messaging with a forumotion staff member. He said that he could reset my founder account and the forum so I can be able to log into that and then let the co-admins be able to see the admin panel again (the person was saying how the forum was hacked and that's a reason why the admins can't see the admin panel because the hacker changed that setting). But it should be all reset tomorrow so I'll check back tomorrow when I get home from school.

Thank you for your patient everyone. This should be solved soon.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved♡ Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:00 pm

Oh i see i see. Thank you for notifying us!!
I was surprised when I saw my profile picture as my old profile picture  Shocked Shocked
Beloved♡
Beloved♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 8
Posts 3477
Tickets 2701

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:06 pm

No problem and yes that's another issue that the forum is facing.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:54 am

thanks.
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by Ireland Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:47 pm

Thank you for telling us

I haven't seen any changes so far :/
Ireland
Ireland
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2002
Tickets 2572

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:55 pm

You're welcome Ireland.

I haven't got any new updates yet :/
I'm waiting for this person on the forumotion support forum about the founder account being reset. Once I get something from them, then I'll be able to get onto the admin panel.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:43 am

Thank you for telling us. I was curious as to why my avatar and signature were back to my old ones.
gabby
gabby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 16
Posts 8910
Tickets 4424

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:03 am

No problem, Gabby. Yeah a lot of people are experiencing that issue too. I guess when you do a backup they don't get to backup every single thing. 

If March 1st's option was there I would expect that some of the problems that we are facing weren't be available, but I couldn't even choose that unfortunately.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:02 pm

Are you able to choose a closer date now that a few days has passed? Like February 27 or something?
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:37 pm

I can no longer even access the founder's tools (however I'll try again in a bit). But the staff member that I've been working with on this issue, told me that my IP could be banned so that could be why I can't log in with the founder account. He said that he could log in and check that for me and then add the admins back as admins.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:18 pm

thanks for re-adding bearvilleboulevard, now my notifications work.
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:26 pm

Oh you're welcome, however someone must have done that as I wouldn't have unless the backup did it on its own.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Locked.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down