Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6/12/16 -- Orlando. ♡

+5
Beloved♡
goCards
Helaine
Marilyn
Hazza
9 posters

Go down

6/12/16 -- Orlando. ♡ Empty 6/12/16 -- Orlando. ♡

Post by Marilyn Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello again all. Such a horrendus day in America.. My heart is broke after just hearing the news about the mass shooting in Orlando at a nightclub. 50 killed, 53 wounded, this is the deadliest mass shooting in U.S history. I am so beyond disbelief.. why just how? Guns need control and there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. There's so much violence nowadays and we aren't controlling it. This needs to end now. My deepest thoughts and prayers to those and their families.
Please, please, please hug the people you care about and tell them you love them. Even us as kids/teens, have the power to spread some light and love around and we therefore should.
Love love and love only. Thanks. ♡♡♡♡
Marilyn
Marilyn
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 5
Posts 968
Tickets 1701

Back to top Go down

6/12/16 -- Orlando. ♡ Empty Re: 6/12/16 -- Orlando. ♡

Post by Hazza Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:31 pm

It's just so awful and sad that something really bad happened the day after the other thing. We don't even know that it was going to happen or we have no warnings. People should really do something about the gun situation because it's not right killing innocent people. There are just awful people in the world. Prayers with all of the families.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Hazza wrote:It's just so awful and sad that something really bad happened the day after the other thing. We don't even know that it was going to happen or we have no warnings. People should really do something about the gun situation because it's not right killing innocent people. There are just awful people in the world. Prayers with all of the families.

That's right, we don't know when what awful thing is going to happen. I don't want to live in fear of what's gonna happen next, I want to feel safe and secure going out to a public place, event, etc. </3
Marilyn
Marilyn
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 5
Posts 968
Tickets 1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Marilyn wrote:
Hazza wrote:It's just so awful and sad that something really bad happened the day after the other thing. We don't even know that it was going to happen or we have no warnings. People should really do something about the gun situation because it's not right killing innocent people. There are just awful people in the world. Prayers with all of the families.

That's right, we don't know when what awful thing is going to happen. I don't want to live in fear of what's gonna happen next, I want to feel safe and secure going out to a public place, event, etc. </3
Exactly. These two events are making me terrified of actually going outside and the fact that I live in this country. Some people are so scary.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:38 pm

This is so sad. I thought I heard about it on the tv when I was half asleep but I thought I was dreaming :/ This has become WAY too common in our society and something HAS to change. Whether that's stricter gun control or higher security, these actions need to be prevented. It baffles me how sick some people truly are. I will never understand how someone is able to take another life, let alone 50 and possibly 103 in this situation. My heart definitely goes out to those who lost their loved ones in this tragic occurrence and also to those who are still in limbo. I don't know how to stop it yet, but I hope that someone finds a way.
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Lychee Liu wrote:This is so sad. I thought I heard about it on the tv when I was half asleep but I thought I was dreaming :/ This has become WAY too common in our society and something HAS to change. Whether that's stricter gun control or higher security, these actions need to be prevented. It baffles me how sick some people truly are. I will never understand how someone is able to take another life, let alone 50 and possibly 103 in this situation. My heart definitely goes out to those who lost their loved ones in this tragic occurrence and also to those who are still in limbo. I don't know how to stop it yet, but I hope that someone finds a way.

Yes, it is too common. This weekend has been a complete disaster. I just read a post that Canada has had 8 mass shootings in 20 years. The US has had 7 since Monday. <//3
Marilyn
Marilyn
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 5
Posts 968
Tickets 1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Omg yes, I literally just retweeted that a few minutes ago. :c
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:05 pm

love and enjoy life, family and friends.
my heart and mind are going in so many directions on this.
has become a consideration for my week, to change my schedule.
I know not what tomorrow brings, yet I know where my hope is.
Living life based on hope is what I choose.

praying for Orlando and families affected..
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved♡ Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:04 pm

praying.
Beloved♡
Beloved♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 8
Posts 3477
Tickets 2701

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:42 pm

It's sickening that people do this; it makes me ashamed to live in America. It also just angers me that the people killed and wounded happened to be at a gay nightclub where they weren't doing anything harmful or offensive to others. The government doesn't seem to understand that they need better control on guns. If they keep letting this happen, it's going to spiral even more out of control. Things like this don't just affect America. There's been so many shootings in the past and I'm hoping that the government will finally act before any other deadly shootings occur (but that's just wishful thinking). My thoughts are with the loved ones of the deceased and the wounded.
gabby
gabby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 16
Posts 8910
Tickets 4424

Back to top Go down

Post by Rydel. Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:58 pm

^ashamed, too. #prayfororlando
Rydel.
Rydel.
Graphic Artist Rydel
Graphic Artist Rydel

Reputation 12
Posts 4647
Tickets 3036

Back to top Go down

Post by Ireland Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:04 pm

Yeah, and it literally happens the day after CG in the exact same city, it's so shocking and sad. The guilt kills me when I do anything minor, I can't imagine killing 50 and injuring 53. I wish someone would do something, because it is becoming common. This makes me think about what would happen if this happened in my state. Or the outcome of moving to another country, like Canada. I don't understand what you get out of hurting so many people, it's just terrible.
Ireland
Ireland
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2002
Tickets 2572

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:20 am

What saddens me is the fact that we as a society have all become too accepting of this. I understand war is a last resort option, but we are already at war! Whether we choose to or not, ISIS, as well as other terrorist groups are going to attack us. Would we want to sit back the way we are now hoping it'll all go away (when it won't) or do something about it?! They are not going to stop so why would we want to be defenseless? We need to put on the big boy pants and take a stand for what America truly represents. In the last decade or so we have completely lost what we are founded upon and it makes me so angry. I don't want to sit around and just be a pond in the game of terrorism. I don't want this to happen to my country, my state, my city, and my loved ones. This is absolutely inexcusable and I am really hoping our next president takes a stand, regardless of who that might be.
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved♡ Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:06 pm

^ I agree with you!
Beloved♡
Beloved♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 8
Posts 3477
Tickets 2701

Back to top Go down

Post by sophie xcx Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:12 pm

All the shootings that have gone on within the past few days is sickening and scary. I hope we can put a end to this violence soon. #prayfororlando
sophie xcx
sophie xcx
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 655
Tickets 348

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:20 pm

I totally agree with everything you said, Lexi.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks guys <3 I just wish there was something WE could do about it, you know? I know it only takes one person but it's how to go about it that's the tricky part. And there are so many people that agree with my same & your same sentiments it's just such a battle to get there. :/ Hopefully someone will finally get through to whether it's the president or our citizens and let's stop sitting on the bench and start playing some defense.
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:10 am

Locked.
Hazza