Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High School Dances

+2
Hazza
Beloved♡
6 posters

Go down

High School Dances Empty High School Dances

Post by gabby Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Hey everyone~! I want your opinion on high school dances.

My school's prom is coming up and my mom is pressuring me to go. I'm a junior in high school and she tells me that I'll regret not going, but I don't like social events. I've also heard that my school dances are boring and full of people doing gross moves on each other, but I've never seen it because I haven't bothered going to any dances. I really don't like dresses, dancing, or the people at my school. I'd honestly rather stay home or go hang out with a friend because I know I wouldn't enjoy going.

What are your thoughts on this? For anyone who has graduated that didn't go to prom, do you regret it?
gabby
gabby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 16
Posts 8910
Tickets 4424

Back to top Go down

High School Dances Empty Re: High School Dances

Post by Beloved♡ Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm in the same position as you except that my mom isn't pressuring me to go to a dance. Razz I've heard from my friend that some dances are roudy while some are better. But i think it depends on the school. And I think some dances are casual while some are more formal.(For me I'd prefer to go to a casual dance)

For me, I would want to go at least once in my highschool life. I think you should go maybe in your senior year with your friends? That's what I was thinking of doing. Bunny
Beloved♡
Beloved♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 8
Posts 3477
Tickets 2701

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:04 pm

I didn't go to the junior prom, but will be going to the senior prom. I say that you should go to at least one before you graduate. If not junior, then definitely senior. I don't think you really have proms at college, but at least parties then. You don't even have to have a date. Going with friends can be tons of fun too. I'm not going to get mad if I don't have a date to it. Well actually wish my boyfriend can take me, but he lives a few hours away so it makes it hard and I need to meet him.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:16 pm

i didn't go to any of my junior high or high school dances and i don't regret it at all

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanah Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:40 pm

I didn't go to any of the middle or high school dances either, including prom. I don't regret it at all to be honest. So if you strongly feel like you'd rather not go, you shouldn't hesitate. c:
Savanah
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 10
Posts 4447
Tickets 11470

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Thank you for all of your opinions~! I'm hoping I can make my mom change her mind; I really don't see the point in going to something I won't enjoy lol.
gabby
gabby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 16
Posts 8910
Tickets 4424

Back to top Go down

Post by Anika Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:43 pm

I was in the same position last year. I honestly didn't want to go because I was tired and exhausted from exams. However, my friends convinced me to go and I'm so glad they did. Our prom was brilliant and I made loads of great memories. I know I probably would have regretted going, if I hadn't of went. Very Happy Our prom wasn't formal, though....  Razz I think maybe you should go to one of your proms... If not this one.. Then maybe one in the future?
Anika
Anika
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 4
Posts 991
Tickets 13006

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:07 pm

I only had one prom in school which was at the end of our last year and I'm so glad I went. I didn't have a date or anything but I went with a group of my friends and we all had fun because there was a photobooth and a DJ, and every song that my friends and I requested got played lol. The photo strip I got from that night is now on my wall in my room at university just for memories Very Happy

Obviously I can't force you to do anything that you're not comfortable with, but I would go to at least one of these dances while you're at school because you will most likely not get the same experience again ever!
Faye
Faye
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 2040
Tickets 849

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down