Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall Ideas Thread

3 posters

Go down

Fall Ideas Thread Empty Fall Ideas Thread

Post by Hazza Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Just like the spring and summer ideas threads, there is now a fall one. Post all suggestions that you have for the fall as fall is right around the corner. 

Post away and the admins will respond to each when they can.

Last edited by Hazza on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Fall Ideas Thread Empty Re: Fall Ideas Thread

Post by Guest Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:07 pm

-Some kind of "trick-or-treat" event would be interesting, maybe? You could have members PM an admin (or even other staff members as well) each day, and they could receive a prize like tickets, or a special badge or something like that each day (it could last for like a week or so).

-I think I saw this either here or on another forum in the past, but you could have a contest where members "dress up" as their favorite celebrity. They can do this by changing their avatar/signature etc to match their favorite celeb.

-Halloween show/movie nights on rabb.it = there are some more appropriate shows/movies for this if typical horror films may be too scary for some users (I know there's a Halloween episode of Spongebob, for example, and probably other cartoons as well lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:39 pm

meghan wrote:-Some kind of "trick-or-treat" event would be interesting, maybe? You could have members PM an admin (or even other staff members as well) each day, and they could receive a prize like tickets, or a special badge or something like that each day (it could last for like a week or so).

-I think I saw this either here or on another forum in the past, but you could have a contest where members "dress up" as their favorite celebrity. They can do this by changing their avatar/signature etc to match their favorite celeb.

-Halloween show/movie nights on rabb.it = there are some more appropriate shows/movies for this if typical horror films may be too scary for some users (I know there's a Halloween episode of Spongebob, for example, and probably other cartoons as well lol)
Ah, yes! I actually proposed the idea last Halloween to dress up as your favorite celebrity, or character, etc (like actual Halloween), in which users changed their usernames, avvies, and siggies, to go along with this theme. I believe we also did a trick-or-treat exercise for tickets, but I don't remember exactly how it all worked.

I think it would be really cool to do that this year again, but like you said, have a contest to make things more interesting. We could have members dress up and give a prize or tickets to the best "costume." We could also have subcategories such as "scariest costume," or "funniest costume," and so on.

I also really like your idea of streaming Halloween episodes of certain shows! I used to love when there were holiday specials of my favorite tv shows, and I think it would be super fun to have a forum-wide "netflix & chill" session...Halloween edition Very Happy

Thanks so much for your ideas, Meghan!! They are much appreciated!
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:25 pm

I love your ideas, Meghan! I definitely think we need to do them at some point. Looks like all of them for the most part are for Halloween so we can use this whole month and some of October to help plan for it.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Any ideas for Thanksgiving?
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacy<3 Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:18 pm

I have limited knowledge of Thanksgiving since, similar to Halloween, I don't celebrate it, but we could do a contest where ppl write what they're thankful for or make a graphic based on what they're thankful for (altho I feel like we've done that before, maybe I'm making it up) 

Either way, a Thanksgiving contest sounds good and maybe we can do some kind of chatbox event?
Stacy<3
Stacy<3
Admin Stacy
Admin Stacy

Reputation 2
Posts 830
Tickets 1413

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm just worried about the contest as only one person entered our last one so I think we should make a poll to see if people would enter before making it. I like the rest of your ideas.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:35 pm

I think that's such a cute idea Stacy! But I agree that contests have VERY limited entries recently. I think we should refrain from labeling it a contest, and doing any graphics, but instead, we have an event where we all talk about what we are thankful for! (: I think that's a really sweet idea <3
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:51 pm

I was talking to Beloved on the chatbox and I was thinking that we needed to host more things on the chatbox since we don't use it that often anymore.

Here are some of my ideas:
-Chatbox Games (our normal ones)
-Guess the Celeb (with clues)
-Guess the Song (we can do themes or something)
-General discussion about celebrities

This is what I have so far, but I will elaborate on them or add more when I can. We can even do this around Thanksgiving break during our other events/activities.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:05 pm

I think those are all good ideas, and certainly a good start Very Happy
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Thank you! Feel free to also add onto what I have so far.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down