Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIGH-SCHOOL ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+4
Katie♔
MollyFlyer
Mark
crayola washable markers
8 posters

Go down

HIGH-SCHOOL ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty HIGH-SCHOOL ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by crayola washable markers Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 pm

ok sorry no i'm not giving advice the highschoolers are xD

I (and every 13-14 yr old on this forum going to highschool this year) need advice on how to act, how to look, how to study stuff like that

AND PLEASE I SINCERELY BEG OF YOU.

DO NOT BE CHEESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS IN DON'T BE LAZY AND WORTHLESS AND SAY ''get good grades and study all the time''

and then just end it of like that! 

because in all honesty idk about you guys but i'm not doing that even do every year i say i will, cause i won't.

be an awesome cool and non-worthless/pathetic person, and give REAL advice

ex: You should study hard for big tests that count alot of percentage for your mark because one time i was super lazy and didn't study and i got a 0. Luckily my teacher was kind enough and let me re-do it, i barely passed with a D+ and got in BIG trouble with my parents! this is why you study.

or maybe a ''social'' kind-of advice Razz

like instead of saying ''be yourself'' maybe do it with a good explanation, ex: be yourself cause i didnt do that and made alot of fake friends and wasn't happy with myself, plus you may get into alot of drama

whatnot whatnot whatnot,

anyways highschoolers, leave advice below? :3
crayola washable markers
crayola washable markers
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 604
Tickets 721

Back to top Go down

HIGH-SCHOOL ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: HIGH-SCHOOL ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hazza Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:35 pm

High school may seem a little scary and all of that, but for me it really wasn't. I mean it would feel scary being around with the upper classmates, but they never really talked to me or probably even thought I existed. Anyways, one of the most important things I think is to be social. Make new friends, but of course you can always keep your old friends because I did that. I only made one new friend that year and like I wasn't very social at all. Also sign up for clubs. I'm not sure when you get to sign up for them, but we got to do so before school even started. Clubs always look really good for college, but you don't have to think about that now. Joining clubs are a great way of making friends with people in your grade along with people older than you. You can also do sports if you want, and well I didn't do any sports because it's not my thing, but another opportunity to make friends. I actually was in this basic Spanish class and there were some older kids in that class so I got to know some people in the higher grades which actually was really good. Not sure if your school has this or not, but we got to bring our backpacks wherever we go and barely even use our lockers. I feel like it was great because you have all of your books with you. Even though it's heavy, you can carry some books with you (my friend did this) so it's not so heavy for your back. About lunch for me there's A, B, and C lunches and you're mixed in with every grade. Not sure if your school does this too or not, but at first it may be hard to find people to sit with. When you see someone you know at your lunch you feel much better, but it's okay to make some new friends there too. 

I would say stuff about keep up with your work and all of that stuff, but I'm sure that you already know that so that's why I didn't.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:26 pm

For my school, there are the different social groups. Razz  Popular kids, nerdy kids, stuff like that.  I don't let those groups define who I am.  There tends to be a lot of drama in school so I highly advise staying out of it.  I'm never involved in any drama, probably because i'm friends with everyone.  While drama happens, i'm just friends with everyone XD  I can't really say anything more than being yourself, unless yourself is really mean and rude.  In that case, don't be yourself haha ;DDDDDD 

Anyways, there can be a lot of rude girls.  Don't believe a single word they say when they bash on you.  They just do that for attention.  To be honest, when people make fun of me, I kind of just laugh with them.  Later, they become friends with me.  Sadly, this doesn't always work.  Just be friendly with them no matter how hard it is.  They will get really mad that you just respond with being nice while they are revealed as being the jerk.  Btw, this is advice from what the Bible actually says.  I tried it, and it works wonders!  c:

Also, studying is crucial.  I know this is the part you don't want to hear, but it's so important.  Many people procrastinate because of all the work.  The work gets harder, but you can also use it to become closer with others.  That sounds weird I know.  Ask one of your classmates to help or to study with them.  That way you guys can figure it out together and also know each other more!  That's all for now c:
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:56 am

The thing to remember about being a teenager, especially in high school, is this: You will screw up.  Figuring out how to manage a crisis when it happens will serve you better than trying to be perfect.

Your parents, your teachers, your peers, and society as a whole will expect so much of you -- get perfect grades, behave perfectly, get a job and volunteer your time so you can build up a solid resume so you can apply to a good university, dress appropriately regardless of your preference or the weather, don't talk back but don't be a doormat -- the list goes on.

You can't please everyone, so just do the best you can and try not to stress out about it.

Being yourself matters.  People might not like you for who you are, but if you're trying to be someone else, you won't like yourself.

These are not the best years of your life.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Clubs and sports are only options if you genuinely feel you're interested in the club or sport in question.  You're not going to make friends if you honestly don't care about the reason everyone else is there.

Make your backpack into a survival kit -- backup pads/tampons, ibuprofen, a small first aid kit, granola bars for the event that you forget your lunch, a crowbar . .  . carry random things with you that might come in handy in a crisis, be willing to share with those who need them, and your peers will do well to keep on your good side.

Your wardrobe should be sensible -- wear things that are clean and comfortable, suitable for the weather, that you like, and that fit the dress code.  Anything else is just details.

When Halloween comes, buy a bag of gum or mini chocolate bars or something good in the post-Halloween sales and hand 'em out to random people as a reverse trick-or-treat.

MollyFlyer
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 225
Tickets 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie♔ Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:18 am

I'm going into my last year of high school, and I'm glad to say that it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I was terrified, but what's even more terrifying is that it's almost over. My advice would be to take your first year seriously. You may slack in freshman year and think it's not that important (I kind of did) and then it can screw up your GPA later, and you might even want to end up retaking some classes. So, put in all your effort the beginning of high school and try to keep up with that for the rest of high school as well. Also, try to find things you're interested in pursuing a career in if you haven't done that already. I'm still on the fence about what I want to major in and that can cause stress. As for studying, I don't really study unless it's a huge test (bad habit I know) but it worked for me lol. Study groups are fun and actually help a lot if you stay focused and don't go off topic. Give yourself time to hangout with friends and associate yourself with people you know you want to keep in touch with after high school. Avoid that petty high school drama with fake people because that can take away from how great high school really is. Good, trustworthy, caring friends make high school an amazing experience.
Katie♔
Katie♔
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 282
Tickets 287

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:36 am

I agree with all the above advice; it's fantastic, and I don't really want to echo what's already been said. I really can't say much about my high school experience, since my school was so drastically different than most others.

However, there is something important that should be considered: high school ends. 

I for one, loved high school. Awesome friends, awesome teachers (err, mostly) But once you graduate, it becomes a thing of the past, a (hopefully) good memory filled with good friends (that you hopefully keep in touch with) and lessons you've learned that will help you through the rest of your life. I guess my point is to not stress about those four years. Yes, make new friends, have new experiences, but don't worry if you mess up here and there, like bomb a test or do something you normally wouldn't do just because your friends thought it would be funny, because mistakes happen, but it's not the end of the world.

It's just four years. That may seem like a long time, but it's not. Before you know it, you'll be walking across a platform to receive that diploma, the key to your future. Then you go to college, or get a job, or whatever you decide to do (don't worry about that either right now, there's plenty of time for that later!). 

Then, the REAL fun starts.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie♡ Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:11 am

I am going to be honest with you all... high school was the worst part of my life so far, but I can see it's different for each school as some of you above said it was an amazing experience. I will be going to 10th grade this year, and I am quite nervous but I will probably be attending a cyber school. Cyber schooling is very open and great experience and my parents and I feel I will get a better education there and my siblings agree. Well, this isn't much advice so far more what I'm doing but here is some real advice:

High school is tough, it's not easy at all. You'll go through stress and times where you'll just break down in tears, but then again their are some perks. Such as, going to prom/dances/etc. My dances where never fun as I always sat in a corner by myself watching everyone having a good time, but I can see that other dances sound incredibly fun. But I won't go on how I had a horrible high school experience rather move onto the few positive things. In the beginning of the year you can pick out backpacks, lunchboxes, etc. You get to see all of your friends, but the excitement ends rather quickly. You then get tons of work and stress on your shoulders. High school expects a lot of you to prepare you for the future. They almost prepare you to much, and then you lose the respect for life and loose the sight of beauty which life holds. You get scared very quickly then. Your confidence lowers and you change honestly. You become the people around you and you act like them. My family and friends always tell me I'm at a lot of times not myself, but that's only because people shed their grief and hatred on to yourself. When the day comes, I will never send my children to a public school {personally I don't think they'll exist anymore}, rather send them to a loving educating system where they adore to learn. All I really have to say is always be true to yourself, and don't concentrate much on the little things, rather concentrate on how we are all human and make mistakes. Look at the positive of things, and enjoy life because you only live once. I'm sorry if I sent the wrong message, but I have honestly nothing to say that was good about my schooling years. Always stay true to yourself got my through so I hope it helps you guys
Sadie♡
Sadie♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3816
Tickets 3855

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:49 am

Ty for posting<333
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:48 pm

Locked.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down