Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature

+2
King K
Ash
6 posters

Go down

[solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature Empty [solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:23 am

Hello,

I am having trouble with posting gifs in my signature, when I do, the gifs don't move. I don't know why, I even tried this code:
Code:
Code:
img]IMAGE'S URL[/img]

It still wouldn't work. :I

Thank you!!

Back to top Go down

[solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature Empty Re: [solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature

Post by lena Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:26 am

I wish I could help Pony, but theres only one problem..... I don't know how to make gifs. Sad I hope you get your question answered ASAP. Good Luck!
lena
lena
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1887
Tickets 2165

Back to top Go down

[solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature Empty Re: [solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature

Post by Ash Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 am

I don't believe I have ever had that problem, but it could possibly just be that it hadn't loaded yet? You could always try just putting it in the way you were, and then check on your posts, and see if it wasn't loaded yet, if that makes any sense.
Ash
Ash
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 3
Posts 8711
Tickets 9499

Back to top Go down

Post by Ireland Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:42 am

I think I know what happened. If you made the gif, THEN saved it in your computer, that is a problem. Or atleast from my experience
Ireland
Ireland
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2002
Tickets 2572

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:58 am

Thank you, everyone for all you tips. I will see what I can do:

Ag: Thanks for you luck. (:
Ashy: I tried that. It still wouldn't work. Thank you though.
Ireland: Thanks for helping, but unfortunately I did save it to my computer, it's in my "Pictures" file. It can move when I click on it there, but not here. :I

This is what it looks like when I upload it here:
[solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature Horse_18 < No movements, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ireland Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:17 am

right, no movements..
Ireland
Ireland
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2002
Tickets 2572

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:58 am

Try uploading it onto imgur{it's a free safe site Very Happy} and then copy and paste the link which says "Forums and Message boards" above it and it should have [img] in the link, if your uploading it from serving.img it won't work D: Hope I helped<£333
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Ireland Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:08 pm

^^yes, I use imgur, and I am happy Smile
Ireland
Ireland
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2002
Tickets 2572

Back to top Go down

[solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature Empty https://2img.net/u/2717/25/58/86/avatars/464-99.gif

Post by goCards Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Pony2418 wrote:Hello,

I am having trouble with posting gifs in my signature, when I do, the gifs don't move. I don't know why, I even tried this code:
Code:
Code:
img]IMAGE'S URL[/img]

It still wouldn't work. :I

Thank you!!

this is missing the opening "[" in front of "img]"   for code [ img]IMAGE'S URL[/img] (no space)
https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/18/47/56/21/horse_18.jpg is .jpg not .gif
[solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature 464-99
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Make sure that the code ends with .gif and it's easier to upload it to an uploading site such as Imgur, Tinypic, or Photobucket. Personally I suggest Imgur for best picture quality. Once you upload the gif, the code should say that it ends with .gif. All you have to do is copy the link to the gif, click on "insert an image" (when you use it for your siggie on the forum) and where it says "url" paste the link there. Then click on insert. 

So for example:
This is what happens when you do all steps;

[solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature JasdfZe
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:44 pm

Oh okay. Thank you everyone for such wonderful help!!!

Thank you GoCards and Hazza for pointing the mistake out and thank you for the others for helping me with suggestions & good lucks.

[solved]Problems with posting gifs. ~ Signature AaIdQfP
Thank you, thank you!! <3 you all!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:00 pm

You're quite welcome. I'm always glad to help.

Is this solved? If it is, I'll lock it.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by lena Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Pony's problem is solved!!!!!

Lets have a party!!
lena
lena
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1887
Tickets 2165

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:40 pm

Lol, thanks AG. <3

And yes, please, Hazza. Please lock. (: But don't do it yet till the party's over. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Locked.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down