Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule suggestion

4 posters

Go down

Rule suggestion Empty Rule suggestion

Post by jessica. Sun May 10, 2015 7:38 am

13) Sensitive material such as suicide is NOT to be brought up in the chatbox or in posts. If we catch any of this whatsoever, then it's an automatic ban. 

I realize that this rule was made for the well-being of the members, but if members are looking for support (not saying that I want to break this rule), 
this rule could kinda be umm. idk how to describe it.. "not willing to listen to your problems?"

what i'm saying is, if members are looking for support, they should be allowed to post about it, as long as triggering material isn't being posted, so FT can be a "warmer" place to be..?

i understand your guys' reasoning behind this rule, but i believe it might be a good idea to alter it for those who need support or something..

well, here i go to disappear for another month!
jessica.
jessica.
Amazing Member
Amazing Member

Reputation 0
Posts 87
Tickets 93

Back to top Go down

Rule suggestion Empty Re: Rule suggestion

Post by King K Sun May 10, 2015 10:50 am

The rule is never meant to come across in that context, as you said it's for the members well-being on this forum and it's not really a suitable topic discussion to have on a childrens forum. However, anyone would be happy  to give advice to anyone who feels in that manner. We didn't have this rule before and people abused it and it made lots of people really emotional and we want this forum to be a happy place. I think FT is a warm and happy place to be and I think your idea is considerate but I just don't know whether it would suitable <3
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sun May 10, 2015 1:21 pm

I understand where you're coming from with this. I do want people to feel comfortable and confident to come out and say this stuff, but in some ways it's not very appropriate to talk about on a children's site. I'm always open to talk to anyone who has those problems, but here isn't really the place to do it. Like Eleanor said we want this forum to be a happy place, even if one person is feeling sad we do the best we can to make that person feel better. The rule was put into place for a reason and we don't really want people to use it towards their advantage. It wasn't always a rule like Eleanor mentioned.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Sun May 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Maybe we could just add a bit of clarification onto the rule? I know I'd be happy to talk to anyone through PM but as said above we'd like to try and keep things like that out of the public spaces.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 3:26 am

I think all of the admins answered this perfectly so i'm just going to go ahead and lock it <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down