Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Moments Feedback Thread

4 posters

Go down

Summer Moments Feedback Thread Empty Summer Moments Feedback Thread

Post by Hazza Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:52 am

Hey guys! For some of you it's probably the last day of summer or it's going to be soon, or you're already in school. Either way, we want to still celebrate it being the last day with you all. We want to hear from you what you enjoyed about the summer, it can be both on this forum and outside of this forum. 

Here's some questions to get you started:

-Favorite event of the summer
-Favorite banner
-Favorite graphic from a graphic shop

or share anything else!

We would love to see you on the chatbox today. Hopefully we can play some chatbox games or just chat with each other. Or post stuff on the forums can work too.

Hope everyone had a great summer and it totally stinks that it's ending.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Summer Moments Feedback Thread Empty Re: Summer Moments Feedback Thread

Post by Marilyn Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:40 pm

This is such a neat idea!

For me, my favorite event from this summer was going to the ocean. Lewes, DE is my very happiest place in the world! I always look forward to going every year.
Every Monday my dad and his girlfriend and I go/visit different places which is interesting and fun. I also loved when my aunt, cousin, and I drove around back dirt roads we've never been on and just got lost. Sounds weird, but I love the experience and plus they make the ride so much more enjoyable/funny. I also love going boating and fishing on my local lake as well.

On this forum, I loved meeting new members and talking//hanging with the rest of you guys! I don't have a favorite banner, pretty much because i can't remember what any looked like oops, and I don't have any favorite graphics whatsoever. Ya'll are my family and I love spending my summer, and heck any time really, with this forum. c:
Marilyn
Marilyn
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 5
Posts 968
Tickets 1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacy<3 Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:52 pm

My favorite event of the summer was going to camp. I had a blast although i really missed everyone and was very happy to come back and see you. I spent the rest of it here in Canada at my cottage, mainly just chilling by the lake and going water skiing and boating. Its so sad that its really almost over. 

My favorite banner of the summer was the one up right now, its not really a summer banner but it was put up before august ended so in my books it counts xD

My favorite graphic from a graphic shop was Lexi's Ariana grande signature she made for Marilyn 

Summer Moments Feedback Thread IzmV1Mg

but i'm going to add that my favorite graphic that i made this summer is this graphic 

Summer Moments Feedback Thread 9FMm8m0

I made it for Lexi and i really like it because i feel like i worked the hardest on it and it shows. Before this my style was slightly different and i sometimes felt like my graphics were too dark or too filled up with pngs and stocks, and after this graphic i had an idea of how to make them better so i dont have that problem. I'm more happy about my graphics now and i know that i'll just hopefully keep improving. <3
Stacy<3
Stacy<3
Admin Stacy
Admin Stacy

Reputation 2
Posts 830
Tickets 1413

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:06 pm

It's amazing to hear what you both have to say! You both seemed to enjoy your summer both on here and outside.

My favorite moment this summer would be by far seeing 5 Seconds of Summer in concert. It was only one night, but really that doesn't matter because I got to see my idols and fall in love with them all over again. I also got to go to soundcheck and experience it with my best friend.

But on here, every moment spending on this forum has always been quite fun. Even when I left for a while, you guys were so welcoming and happy to see me come back and that makes me happy. I love you and this forum so much.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:13 pm

Stacy<3 wrote:My favorite event of the summer was going to camp. I had a blast although i really missed everyone and was very happy to come back and see you. I spent the rest of it here in Canada at my cottage, mainly just chilling by the lake and going water skiing and boating. Its so sad that its really almost over. 

My favorite banner of the summer was the one up right now, its not really a summer banner but it was put up before august ended so in my books it counts xD

My favorite graphic from a graphic shop was Lexi's Ariana grande signature she made for Marilyn 

Summer Moments Feedback Thread IzmV1Mg

but i'm going to add that my favorite graphic that i made this summer is this graphic 

Summer Moments Feedback Thread 9FMm8m0

I made it for Lexi and i really like it because i feel like i worked the hardest on it and it shows. Before this my style was slightly different and i sometimes felt like my graphics were too dark or too filled up with pngs and stocks, and after this graphic i had an idea of how to make them better so i dont have that problem. I'm more happy about my graphics now and i know that i'll just hopefully keep improving. <3
Awww!! That's so sweet that your favorite banner & graphic of the summer were both made by me! Coming from you, that means a tooooon, you have no idea Razz So I really thank you!

And I absolutely ADORE that Madison Kocian set you made for me, it's soooo unique and gorgeous. The colors are so well designed and everything flows really nicely.

In terms of my favorite things for the summer, my highlight was definitely the trip I just went on! (As many of you may have noticed, I've been gone for about 5-6 days and it's bc I went to Dallas). I didn't really think I would like it as much as I did but after going, I'm so sad to be back home! I wish I had more time there. :/ Another highlight of my summer was going to Beverly Hills (which is only a short drive from my house) and buying this necklace I've wanted foreverrrr from Van Cleef & Arpels. I've been saving up my birthday, Christmas, graduation, and all other money I've received from special occasions within the last 2 years or so which added up to a few thousand dollars and so I was finally able to purchase it! Very Happy It's something that has a lot of sentimental value to me because it's not just this pretty necklace that I've wanted for a long time but it's the first expensive piece of jewelry (actually, anything) that I've saved up for and been able to buy myself instead of my parents buying it for me.

Okay, now to graphics! I have two favorite banners: one is Stacy's and one is my own. I love them both for different reasons. I love Stacy's most overall and it's actually probably my favorite banner of all time (although it might be tied with the Vampire Diaries banner that Camryn made -- I think Camryn made it -- back in February or March if I'm not mistaken) and it flowed so perfect with the background and icons and everything! It was my favorite theme ever. It looks like this:

Summer Moments Feedback Thread NNFOde8

But my other favorite banner is the Selena Gomez one that is currently up for display right now that I made. The reason for this being one of my favorites is a long story. To start, the graphic program I've used for years, I've never been able to create a banner because the sizing was not allowed for what would be needed. A few weeks ago, I decided to begin exploring new graphic programs and I came across one I really really liked (and now I use it for everything!) and finally, I was able to create graphics of any size and add layers, pngs, etc. When I first started on this program however, I didn't know what half of those things were and my graphics were just amateur, but at least they were my own graphics as opposed to the 'graphics' I had made before in which I would simply find images on google and crop them to make avvies and siggies. By the time I got used to this new program, I learned how to make blends! This was the first time I changed my graphics and saw a drastic improvement. It was a huge step for me and even if I look back in a year, which I'm sure I will, and say eww that was awful, it represents a giant change in my work and it's something I'm very proud of. It looks like this:

Summer Moments Feedback Thread P4YpHYO

In terms of my favorite graphic shop graphic, there are too many to count! I love all the sets that Stacy makes for me that it's realllllly hard to choose just one. But if I had to, I would probably say the Natasha Bure set that she made me (which I'm currently displaying as a matter of fact):

Summer Moments Feedback Thread 9ydPS67
Summer Moments Feedback Thread OFTc5JT

She actually made two Natasha Bure sets for me, but this one is my absolute fave c:

Regarding my own graphicsss, I'd have to say my favorite one I've made thus far would be this Ariana Grande blend set:

Summer Moments Feedback Thread 9hGVBJ7
Summer Moments Feedback Thread ANicTlb

I love sets with the white borders like that and this was the first (& actually only, so far) set I've made with them! Also, I just love those pictures of Ariana and I meshed a lot of different stocks to create the background that you see but I was very pleased that it all looked like it flowed even though I cut things, cropped others, added layers, and so much more. It looks a lot more effortless than it actually was! Razz
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:00 pm

Locked.
Hazza