Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Club! ✎

+6
andromeda
Catty♡
King K
Maddy
Moose
crayola washable markers
10 posters

Go down

Book Club! ✎ Empty Book Club! ✎

Post by crayola washable markers Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:08 am

Ok so I had a BRILLIANT idea! 

To Create a book club! And yes i know it sounds nerdish but idc cause swag k?

So like this could be a place where people come and they share 1-3 book's they've been reading and loving so far!

so like you can fill out a form i guess?

And then maybe each month we can vote which book was our favourite our guess or whatever you want, you can suggest idea's in the comments below :3

Your Name:
Title Of Book:
Author's Name: 
Genre:
Cost:
Where you can buy/read it:
Brief (short) Description: 

BTW, THE ''BRIEF DESCRIPTION'' DOES NOT HAVE TO BE YOUR OWN. YOU CAN ALSO JUST COPY&PASTE THE AUTHORS DESCRIPTION FOR THEIR BOOK IF YOUR TOO LAZY (which i am)

also in the buy/read it category, it would be nice if you could link an online pdf version, that way everyone can read it and not feel left out if the nearest book store is 500 kilo's away and the book cost 50 bucks so yeah? Very Happy

also..

THE BOOK DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PUBLISHED. IT CAN ALSO BE FROM WEBSITES SUCH AS: Kobo,Wattpad, idk anymore, etc.
crayola washable markers
crayola washable markers
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 604
Tickets 721

Back to top Go down

Book Club! ✎ Empty Re: Book Club! ✎

Post by Moose Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:59 pm

Your Name: Luci or Lucinda
Title Of Book: I LOVE TOO MANY BOOKS; I suppose Fahrenheit 451, as I am reading it right now
Author's Name: Ray Bradbury
Genre: Science Fiction
Cost: I have no clue
Where you can buy/read it: Barnes and Nobles; pdf {click}
Brief (short) Description: A fireman named Guy Montag lives in an American City in the future. People don't read books, enjoy nature, or have meaningful talks. Instead, they drive fast {yeah at least 90 miles per hour}, watch TV on "parlor-walls", and listen to the radio on "seashell radios" {where you put something in your ear}. Montag meets a girl who opens his mind with meaningful questions.
Moose
Moose
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3655
Tickets 2969

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Your Name: Blueberry
Title Of Book: City of Bones
Author's Name:  Cassandra Clare
Genre: Fiction/Romance
Cost: about 15 
Where you can buy/read it: Anywhere its really popular
Brief (short) Description: A girl thinks shes normal then suddenly her mother disappears and shes thrown into the shadow world where anything is possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Your Name: Maddy
Title Of Book: Water Balloon
Author's Name: Audrey Vernick
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Cost: $7.99
Where you can buy/read it: Barnes and Noble
Brief (short) Description: Marley Baird is stretched like a water balloon. Her parents are divorced, and her friends and her are drifting apart. Luckily, there's a boy in the picture with great ability to play baseball, with a little romance too.CAN Marley loosen her grip on the past long enough to embrace the present, and maybe even the future?
Maddy
Maddy
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 799
Tickets 977

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Your Name: Hazza.
Title Of Book: Pretty Little Liars series
Author's Name: Sara Shepard
Genre: Teen Mystery
Cost: $9.99
Where you can buy/read it: Barnes & Noble
Brief (short) Description: Gossip thrives amid the Mercedes-Benzes, mega mansions, and perfectly manicured hedges in the exclusive town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania. Behind their big Gucci sunglasses, beneath their perfectly pressed Polos, everyone has something to hide, especially high school juniors Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna. Spencer covets her sister's gorgeous new boyfriend. Aria is having an affair with her English teacher. Emily is infatuated with the new girl at school. And Hanna is using some ugly tricks to stay beautiful. Deeper and darker still is a horrible secret the girls have shared since sixth grade -- a secret they thought was safe forever. Then the girls start receiving threatening messages signed by someone named "A." Could "A" be Alison, the ultra-popular girl who disappeared three years earlier? Alison was their best friend.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Your Name: Eleanor
Title Of Book: 101 cakes and bakes 
Author's Name: Mary Cadogan
Genre: Cooking
Cost: £3.99
Where you can buy/read it: Amazon Cool 
Brief (short) Description: 101 cakes and bakes you can make 

i have an obsession with food pls don't judge me lol
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Catty♡ Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Your Name: Julia
Title Of Book: dork diaries... :]
Author's Name: Rachel Renee Russell
Genre: fiction
Cost: 8.32
Where you can buy/read it: amazon
Brief (short) Description: Meet Nikki Maxwell! She’s starting eighth grade at a new school—and her very first diary packed with hilarious stories and art in Book One of the #1 New York Times bestselling Dork Diaries series!

Nikki confesses all in her first diary ever: her epic battle with her mom for an iPhone, meeting her new soon-to-be BFFs Chloe and Zoey, falling for adorably sweet crush Brandon
Catty♡
Catty♡
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 534
Tickets 344

Back to top Go down

Post by andromeda Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:51 am

Your Name: kARA
Title Of Book: Dork diaries Tv star
Author's Name: Rachel renee Russell
Genre:fiction/diary
Cost: £5-£11
Where you can buy/read it: Any good shop, or websites like Amazon, Ebay, and reliable book shop websites
Brief (short) Description: Omg! nikki maxwell is getting her own tv show! Nikki and her friends were spotted at their school talent show, and nw a reality tv crew are following her as sher heads for popstardom! But having cameras wherever sshe goes isnt always fun, especially when itmakes things awkward between her and brandon and MACKENZIE keeps trying to steal the show. is TV STAR one step too far for queen of the dorks???

CATTY U AND ME LOVE DORK DIARIES SQUEEEEEE
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

Post by andromeda Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:39 am

sorry to dp- but i wrote my own book that we might wanna review:
Your Name: Shazza or Kara or Ella
Title Of Book: Star diaries: Demi
Author's Name: Me (Kara Hays)
Genre: Fiction/daiary
Cost:  N/A
Where you can buy/read it: N/A
Brief (short) Description: First book in series: Meet demi and her hectic lifestyle. Follow this megastar, her actor teen dream brother, her ups,down, makings and breakings and the traumas she faces, just remember one thing about demi, shes a megastar, so dont judge!!!
andromeda
andromeda
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2774
Tickets 967

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:05 am

Your Name: Nadles
Title Of Book: Half A Sister
Author's Name:  Kelly Mckain
Genre: Drama
Cost: £5.99
Where you can buy/read it: Amazon
Brief (short) Description:  --

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily. Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Your Name: Emily
Title Of Book: The Selection
Author's Name: Kiera Cass
Genre: Fiction/Romance
Cost: $11.37
Where you can buy/read it: Chapters, amazon, online ~
Brief (short) Description: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn''t want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she''s made for herself-and realizes that the life she''s always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
Emily.
Emily.
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 728
Tickets 782

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Your Name:   Ani
Title Of Book: The List 
Author's Name:  Siobhan Vivian
Genre: Realistic Fiction 
Cost: $9 
Where you can buy/read it: Barnes and nobles 
the link for it:

Brief (short) Description: 
An intense look at the rules of high school attraction -- and the price that's paid for them.
It happens every year before homecoming -- the list is posted all over school. Two girls are picked from each grade. One is named the prettiest, one the ugliest. The girls who aren't picked are quickly forgotten. The girls who are become the center of attention, and each reacts differently to the experience. 

(people curse in this book and there's sexual content just to warn you but anyways, its a really good book)
Ani
Ani
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 7561
Tickets 10115

Back to top Go down

Post by ali. Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Your Name: Allie
Title Of Book: Stargirl
Author's Name: Jerry Spinelli
Genre: Teen lit
Cost: $6.99
Where you can buy/read it: Anywhere that is a bookstore lol
Brief (short) Description: This book is so great because it covers topics such as popularity and individualism. It follows the protagonist, Leo, and how his outlook on life starts to change when this weird and odd girl named Stargirl comes into his life. She's like no other, she plays the ukulele to random people and a natural born speaker who can touch anyone when debating. Leo ends up falling in love with her but realizes that he wants to change her since she doesn't act like the cliche everyone else is. I haven't read this book in a while that's all I remember haha but it's a great book! READ IT!
ali.
ali.
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 322
Tickets 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Locked.
Hazza