Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TASK 4: Team B

+2
Camm
Hazza
6 posters

Go down

TASK 4: Team B Empty TASK 4: Team B

Post by Hazza Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Where are all of my creativity members at? Your next task is a spooky story! In this task, you need to write a Halloween related story where it can be made up or real. Make sure that it's site appropriate before posting. 

Guidelines:
-Make sure to add words such as Halloween, spooky, night, etc in your story to make it interesting!
-There is not a limit of how many words you need, but don't make it longer than 4,000 words
-Appropriate for all age groups, there isn't just teenagers on here, and besides, the rules don't let you be inappropriate
-Have fun with your story!

How it works:
1) Write your story
2) Your team will pick one story to be the final one
3) That final story picked will be the one I use to vote on

This is due on October 22nd. Good luck!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

TASK 4: Team B Empty Re: TASK 4: Team B

Post by ReadtheRavishing Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:11 pm

YES
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:50 pm

ReadtheRavishing wrote:YES
read<3333 yes, unleash your writing skills lol 

ok so basically we all write a story..........indevidually...... and then how do we pick which one we're using?
Ani
Ani
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 7561
Tickets 10115

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 am

^^ I think we're gonna vote on it, but I'm not exactly sure.
Camm
Camm
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 14
Posts 2866
Tickets 10470

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Camryn wrote:^^ I think we're gonna vote on it, but I'm not exactly sure.
Yes everyone who wants to write a story you write it, and then your team votes on the team's best story or the story you think should be used so I can vote on it.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:21 pm

so when we finish writing do we post the stories here?
Ani
Ani
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 7561
Tickets 10115

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:25 pm

YoutubeQueen wrote:so when we finish writing do we post the stories here?
Yes, there is no need to pm me.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 pm

Alright, I might write and post another tomorrow if I have time cause I can make them way spookier than this, but in case that doesn't happen here's mine Very Happy 

~*~the foot story~*~

It's around 3:30 in the afternoon one cloudless, chilly October day and a white minivan is cruising down the highway lined with restaurants, hotels and gas stations on one side and an airport on the other. So many cars take this route an a regular basis, and there are so many turn lanes and entrances and exits it's no surprise this particular stretch of road has the nickname, "'I'll Kill Ya' Highway."

By the time the white minivan reaches the end of the highway, the occupants of the vehicle will wonder if this jesting nickname is rightfully earned.

Halloween is just around the corner, and the kids in the car, ages 13, 10, and 3, chatter on to each other and their mother--the driver--about costumes, candy, and decorations (the house two doors down always has the best setup: an old classic horror film projected onto the sloped roof, and someone dressed in a full body costume behind rubber "prison" bars in the garage. Last year, it was a gorilla. Not to mention they give out full size candy bars.) School is out and the trip home is happy and the conversation is light, until the mother notices a car on the side of the road.

Alright, it's not that unusual. People pull over on this road all the time. The shoulders are certainly big enough, and this car doesn't appear to be in any trouble, but the mother turns the minivan around, and passes the car again, going the opposite direction. The children are asking her what she's doing, but she doesn't answer, not yet. It's not until she turns around again and pulls up behind the car that the kids see what's the matter.

Poking out of the trunk, like it's gotten caught in the latch, is a human foot.

The thirteen-year-old girl sitting in the passenger seat is instantly in hysterics. Is it real? There's not as much blood as one would expect to accompany a severed foot, but that doesn't really mean anything. The ten-year-old boy is concerned, but not too much. The three-year-old is obliviously doodling away in her coloring book.

This is how things stand for a few moments: the car with the foot several yards in front of the minivan on the side of a busy highway. It's doubtful any other passing motorist gave them a second glance. The people in the car don't do anything to acknowledge the family behind them. What to do? If it's real, there's certainly no way the mother wants to approach the car. If it's not...well, but they don't know!

The oldest girl is still crying. The mother doesn't know what to do. She can't just leave! Eventually she makes up her mind and calls 911. It's only a few minutes before the officer shows up; the highway is full of speed traps, so there's almost always one nearby. The officer comes to the mother's window, and she tells him the story. The family watches him approach the car and talk to the driver for just a few seconds before the mother has had enough of watching her daughter so upset and pulls out en route to their house.

They never find out if the foot is real or just a sick Halloween prank, but as the years pass they assume it was fake, and the whole incident becomes a joke. It becomes known as "The Foot Story" and is told over and over again to whoever will listen.

But...they never really know. And they still don't. Sometimes, the daughter, much older now, will be watching a crime drama involving detached limbs and cringe more than normal, or walk into her university cafeteria a week before Halloween only to be hit in the head with a plastic foot dangling from the ceiling. They remember, laugh, and recall they still don't know.

And that's enough to resolve to never speak of it again.

^^^true story, guys.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:12 am

Well here's my story but I didn't really have time to proof read/plan...I just wrote this like memoirish thing - it's not really creepy

Halloween was 2 days after Hurricane Sandy. Even though Sandy had already passed, the wind was stronger than usual, which caused leaves and garbage to fly everywhere. It was a night to remember, walking around with my friend and with flashlights as usual. Trees still had not been cleared, and downed wires were everywhere. It was possible that I had stepped in downed wire, but I was lucky that I didn't get electrocuted. 

That night, I remembered that it was particularly dark because electricity was down in some areas. Candy wrappers and smashed candy that littered the streets glinted under the light of my flashlight. The wind caused wrappers and leaves to fly around, causing mayhem as little kids pulled leaves out of their pumpkins. We trudged on in an ankle-deep amount of leaves.

I heard this really weird sound like something was being sliced. It was really faint, so I thought it could've been Halloween music or something. 

Being the klutz I was {it's a wonder that I'm on the crosscountry team}, I tripped over onto someone's lawn and came face to face with some shiny plastic. As I stood up and shone my flashlight, I froze.

It was a chainsaw, about 30 inches long {I think?}, and it just lay on the lawn. 

"OH MY GOODNESS I COULD'VE CUT MY FACE ON THAT!" I screamed loudly, causing people to come towards me. A couple minutes later, someone ran out of the house and picked up the chainsaw. {To this day, I still don't know why they were even cutting up a tree at 9 PM or why they even left the chainsaw there.}

I tripped over another wire on someone's lawn {haha never cut across people's lawns} and landed headfirst in those coffin things that are puffy with air. I was tangled in wires, and the lights blinded me for a moment. It took me a while to get out; about six wires were looped around my waist.

Finally, we were two blocks away from my house. Here, it was REALLY dark, and nobody had electricity. Downed wires were everywhere here, causing my friend and I to do the chicken  dance as we walked. Farther down the block, I noticed that the pole in front of my house was slanted at a 45 degree angle from the ground. At this point, I was concerned because there were cars in the driveway. The wind blowing didn't help the pole either, and four wires loosely dangled from the pole. I arrived home just in time because 15 minutes after I walked in, the pole snapped and landed on the sidewalk where I had walked a couple of minutes before.

---
Yes this was a true story, I ended up having no wifi for a month, but I was grateful because I didn't have to relocate or have no electricity.
Moose
Moose
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3655
Tickets 2969

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:51 am

Hello little children!  Sit down for a moment and partake in a story so spooky and kooky that it will scare your socks off!  Listen to the tale of the Headless Horseman.

Once upon a time, there was a young child not much older than the likes of you.  This child's name was Alex.  She loved her friends at school and she also enjoyed telling them scary stories.  Alex was best known for her scary stories.  Yet, why did she always tell those kind of stories?  She told them because she was afraid of them herself.  of course, she would never admit it.  Her friends thought she was a prodigy for such immaculate and dark stories.  Sometimes, they wished they could see them in real life.  That was coming soon enough.

The night of Halloween.  The night Alex dreaded the most.  She had heard one too many spooky stories of that night.  Some appeared to come true while others were pure phonies.  This night was unlike any other.  The full moon just so happened to be on the very same day that Halloween was on.  What should she do?  She couldn't just board up the house and leave her friends to trick-or-treat without her.  She put on a costume and called it good.  They all went trick-or-treating for a good two hours until one of the friends announced they would travel home through the black of the night in the woods.  All of them agreed, except for Alex.  They bolted towards the woods without her and left her in the dust.  By the time they were out of site, the streets were empty and foggy.  The only light that shone was the moon.

Alex trudged into the woods to find her friends, but all that replied was the howling of the wind and the fog's eerie shapes.  She pressed on.  Alex started to hear strange noises around her.  One moment, a twig snapped.  The next, she could hear hooves.  That couldn't be right.  Hooves in a forest?  She turned around slowly with a pale look on her face and saw a black horse with red glowing eyes.  It's mane was like coal and freezing to the touch.  The rider was horrifying!  It was a man dressed in black battle gear from the civil war era without a head.  It held a carved pumpkin that was lit on fire inside the hollowed squash.  Alex let out a curdling scream and ran for her life.  The headless horseman took great ease to catch up to her.  You can guess what happened next.

The next day, people began searching for her.  They found a puzzling sight at the edge of the black forest.  All they could see was clothing from a costume and a smashed pumpkin beside it.

What do you think happened that night?

Read: That really happened?!  That's scary... 

Luci:  Wow!  That would be terrifying to have actually happened Sad  I am glad that you're ok.
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Ok guys!  What story should we choose?  I'm not going to vote on a story since I wrote one Razz
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Guess I shouldn't vote either then. Awesome stories guys! And yeah it was plenty terrifying haha. And I actually thought of using this for the task when I ran into the plastic foot at the caf...
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm closing this at 4:30 pm eastern time. You can use that time to read over your story and make any edits/changes you need, and when it's locked please don't edit your post in anyway. Make sure to also decide on which story you are using to vote on if there are multiple stories written. If there are no multiple stories written, then you don't need to deal with doing that step.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 pm

I think we should use Read's story cx

but, I loved them all!<3
Camm
Camm
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 14
Posts 2866
Tickets 10470

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 pm

sounds great!  Since there is only one vote, I vote on Read's story also Very Happy
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Sorry for extending the due date longer, but this is now due. Thank you so much for all of your entries! I'm going to read them and then announce the winner. Stay tuned!

Locked~
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content