Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riptide Roleplay (closed)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Empty Riptide Roleplay (closed)

Post by FinTheFish Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen10

Plotline:

The world was destroyed and some people survived on the Excalibur 4.  There were 4 ships in total.  When the invasion came, 3 of the ships were destroyed.  While on the Excalibur 4, some people were more traumatized while others held on to hope.  The ship landed and crashed through a barrier on a planet named Riptide.  While some people still live on the ship, others decided to join the Villagers.  Now on Riptide, people have to start a fresh new life.  The people who live on the planet are welcoming at first, but no one knows how long the welcome will stay.  The tension has been overwhelming and, while some are kind, there are hostile Riptidians.  The humans now have the responsibility to rebuild their lives while keeping out of the many dangers of this new word.

Riptide is a planet filled with forests and beautiful plant life along with some frightening beasts.  Once a mont for a week, the waters will rise to enormous heights and only the planet’s residents have the ability to protects themselves with a water barrier.

Locations of Riptide:

The ship is protected by the water barrier produced by the residents.  People may live on the Excalibur 4 if that is their desire.

The Village, also known as the Safe Haven, is open for people to live, although they should know that the residents are not always welcoming.  The village is high tech, they are not a 400 A.D. world.  There are about 15 houses, 1 Village Center, and 1 Marketplace.  The area is small, so everyone knows everyone.  There is no escaping the water barrier unless you are a warrior for the residents.

Beyond the Barrier is a large forest area filled with wild flowers, plants, and animals.  Some of the plants will kill with a single smell, while others will heal the worst of injuries or illnesses.  Every month, the waters will rise from their resting place to miles above the barrier.  If do not enter into the barrier before then, you will die instantly from the pressure.

Rules:

· You can only join if you post once every 3 days.  If you do not have the ability to post, please PM me ASAP to avoid the topic of a brutal death.

· You must have 50+ posts to join.  (This is only to show that you are a frequent poster.  If you are new, do not fret, I CAN MAKE EXCEPTIONS.  If you believe you are an exception, please PM me to assure me of your loyalty to the thread.)

· If you need to post out of character, please use brackets such as : [ ], { }, ( ), etc. . .

· Stay on topic and do not post I will post soon.  You can tell that to me over PM, it is unessential to the RP.

· NO CURSING.  I know it is on the main rule, but I don’t even want a substitute for cursing.

· When posting as your character use this format
Name:
Appearance:
You don’t need to put post before your post though Razz

· Post at LEAST 3 sentences each time please.

· Every citizen of Riptide has the ability to manipulate water

· No homo please people. . .

· Shipping is recommended!

· There is not a limit to characters, although I may not accept all of your people.

· If you are annoyed with your character or don’t have time anymore you may kill them off.

· You ARE able to kill people off, although if you do you must speak to the person first.  If they don’t want to die, you can wound them but not kill them.

· I would prefer a bit of experience, but that is unessential.

· PM me your character bio so I can review it and see if you would be a good fit.

· Have fun and post away!

· Also if you want a side character (not main action) PM me or let me know!!

Layout of Riptide

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen38

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen39

Character Form:

Warriors of Riptide:

Name:
Personality:
Appearance: (Make sure there is nothing explicit, and you may use a high tech picture)
Why are you a warrior:
Backstory:

Residents of Riptide:

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:  Please find an anime picture that best suits a water breed.  If you are having a difficult time, PM me and I can help you.  Please nothing explicit)
Backstory:

Survivors of the Excalibur 4:

Name:
Personality:
Appearance: (Same thing applies, nothing explicit.)
Why you were chosen for the voyage:
Backstory:

Warriors of Riptide:

Name: Commander Zata ~ played by FinTheFish
Personality: Strict, harsh, sensitive, and prideful
Appearance: Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen13
Why I was Chosen:  I was chosen because I worked harder than anyone else.  I protect my people to keep my sister's memory alive.
Backstory:  I was the daughter of the leader of Riptide.  For years I worked my way to gain my father’s appreciation.  I have never heard once a well done from the leader.  When I was 25, I became the commander of the warriors.  I have striven to keep my people strong and protected.  My powers aren’t what makes me strong, it is my determination.  Every mission to get fresh meat has succeeded with no losses, yet.  The beasts which rampage my world are hunted down, but often take those I love.

Name: Sirena (no last name, will explain why)~Played by StacyHugsALot
Personality: strong, a great fighter, loyal, kind, compassionate
Appearance:
Riptide Roleplay (closed) 9tSOYh6
Why you are a warrior: she has always loved fighting, especially with bows and a bo (staff)
Backstory: when I was younger, I always loved fighting.  My parents noticed how much I loved this sport and they forbade me from ever fighting or practicing.  Because they forbade me, I would always sneak out and practice, training myself to fight. My dream was to become a warrior of Riptide.
This continued until I was 17 when they found out my secret and my parents became enraged,so much that they disowned me. Because of this action, I got rid of my last name and became a warrior. My dream was finally fulfilled.

Residents of Riptide:

Name:  Chief Zata
Personality:  Strict, sovereign, and curious.
Appearance: 
Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen36

Backstory: Chiefdom of the Village is an honor passed to me by my father, who received it from his father, and on back for many centuries.  From birth I was trained in combat, leadership, diplomacy, and other skills necessary for providing for and protecting my people. My daughter Stelar is our commander, and while she is strong, she has much to learn still. When the foreigners landed on our shores, I made the decision to hear them out rather than eliminate them immediately. I can only pray this was the right choice

Name: Luna Zata ~ played by FinTheFish
Personality: kind hearted and sincere
Appearance:  Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen25
Backstory: Luna was an unexpected but welcome surprise to the world.  She loved living and cared for everyone.  I used to enjoy picking flowers for my family until the day I got stuck behind the barrier.  I was lost, and I didn't know where to go.  When the waters started rising, I knew what to do.  I had been training for this.  I made a bubble for myself so I could move around, but the air wouldn't last long.  I reached the village and came close.  I finally got inside with my sister's help.  She scolded me, hugged me, and brought me to my father.  He has kept me close to home so I don't get hurt.  I still miss the beauties of the woods, though now people might be more safe.

--------------------------

Name: Chase BlackMist & Gubble the water wolf ~ Played by Mark

Personality:  Chase :happy, adventurous, obedient &Gubble: adorable, trouble maker, curious

Appearance:Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen26 &  Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen27

Backstory:Chase is a young boy that has lived with a passion for water all his life.  He was born into a lower class family and was usually looked down upon for thinking way too out of the box.  Believe it or not, Chase use to be afraid of water.  The reason why he grew to love water was because of his pet Gubble.  These two are inseparable and love each other to bits.  Their parents gave Gubble to Chase when he was 6 years old.  The day that happened was the day Chase discovered how crazy his new friend was.  They always snuck into the woods together and played until the suns set on the horizon.  Of course, they usually get lost on the way home.  Luckily, they have only been caught about nine times.  Believe it or not, Gubble was the one that helped Chase to use his powers.  Water wolfs can naturally control water.  

Gubble was just born when his pack was hunted down and killed for sport by some Riptide warriors.  Chase’s father rescued the cub secretly and brought him home.  Many people threw fits about this, since water wolfs could attack many commoners.  The argument was forgotten about as time went on.  In fact, some people became fond of this adorable wolf.  Gubble received his name from the sound he made when he snored.  He made the cutest bubbly noise a person could think of.  Around the time that Chase was born, Gubble proved his worth to the family.  They had to evacuate their homes because the water walls were not put up in time.  Chase was ripped from his mother’s grip and left on the streets.  The loyal wolf Gubble rushed back for him and darted towards safety.  They barely made it in time.  Maybe one day they would make an excellent duo for the army.

Name: Wyce Chordall ~ Played by ReadtheRavishing
Personality: adventurous, brave, resourceful
Appearance: Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen29
Backstory: I've never left my home village. My parents, who own a manufacturing company, say it's not safe. It's not that I don't believe them, especially since my uncle was killed fighting out there, but it can't be all bad, can it? When I was younger I thought I might join the warriors who protect the village since they're the only ones who can leave without a death guarantee, but Mom and Dad wouldn't allow it. I love them, but can't they just let me grow up? Well, I probably wouldn't have passed basic training anyway.  Nothing much has changed here in my lifetime. We're well protected from threats, but it's so boring! I just want something new and exciting to happen...

Survivors of the Excalibur 4:

Name: Captain Jonathan Michaels ~ played by FinTheFish ~ side character
Personality: serious, rude, and compelling
Appearance:Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen24
Why you were chosen:  I was chosen to be captain because of my years of experience and because I never joke or put people in danger.
Backstory:  As a child, I always longed to go to space, but to be a commander was a dream come true.  When I was chosen to captain the Excalibur 4, I was thrilled.  After my parents died, I always looked to follow my dream as they told me.  When the aliens began shooting at the ships, I knew what to do.  It was too soon, no one was prepared.  I put the ship into hyperdrive.  The force was unexpected to most people and we lost some people.  I piloted the ship for weeks, until my scanner found the perfect planet.  I made a treaty with the ruler and we are safe, for now.

Name: Michelangelo Suvero ~ played by FinTheFish
Personality: kind, artistic, hard working
Appearance:  Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen15
Why I was Chosen:  I was chosen because my artistic and musical skills give the future generation a life loving aspect on life.  I had perfect scores during studies and I had great physique, so I was a natural candidate.
Backstory: When I was young, I had a love of the arts.  I would constantly play my viola.  As days went on, and alien sightings became more frequent, the government realized they were going to stay.  They began work on the Excalibur ships and I continued to attend studies and try to bring joy to those I encountered.  When the ships were finished, applications were sent out to everyone on Earth.  My parents jumped at the occasion.  My family could not join me because they were too old to qualify so I came alone with unknown people.  During the travel when I realized that the human race consisted of this one ship, I began to lose hope.  I stopped playing my viola and rarely spoke, even to myself.  When we landed on Riptide, I realized I couldn’t be depressed forever and that there is hope.  I still live in the Excalibur 4 because I don’t completely trust the new worlders.

Name: Cleo Divani ~ Played by Mark
Personality: girly tomboy, simple, active, know-it-all, just a little bit of a brat
Appearance:Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen28
Why you were chosen for the voyage: I was chosen because I have mathematical skills that proved to be useful for the crew.  I was one of the people that helped the ship land.  
Backstory: 
I grew up in a home of expectations.  Those expectations lead to perfection and ended up making me popular at school and smart.  I was usually prom queen for my intellect and for my shape.  I started getting tired of the same scene even though I enjoyed the attention.  My parents thought that I should take a simple test.  They never told me what it was for.  When I passed it, they said I was going on a mini vacation for a month or so.  I ended up on the ship, never to see my parents again.  It was thrilling but disappointing at the same time.  No tv. . .

After being in space for a while, all I did was work out or sleep.  I didn’t enjoy eating, so I skipped most meals.  I didn’t even enjoy looking at the planets or the aliens.  Skipping meals didn’t help when everything happened.  The ship lost contact with the others.  At first, the technician thought it was some error.  Then they looked out of the window.  The other ships were being blown to pieces.  Soon, our ship was hit and we were free falling.  Everyone was flipping out because most of the crew on the deck was down.  I helped to land the ship.  Since we landed, the people either left the ship or stayed.  I left the ship and started to live in these villages that were protected by aliens that could control water.  Ever since then, I have lived in the village.

Last edited by FinTheFish on Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:57 pm; edited 18 times in total
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Empty Re: Riptide Roleplay (closed)

Post by Mark Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:07 pm

Cool!  I'll see what I can do to audition ;D
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:39 am

When we start the role-play, we are most likely going to start on day 2.  They have just landed and the leader accepted them.  They spent 1 night there so far.  so yeah!!
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Welcome Mark and ReadtheRavishing!  So excited to have you all! Very Happy
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Hopefully, soon I'll have a layout of the main places on Riptide for everyone!  I'm hoping to get some people soon so this RP can get started sometime this week.  If not this week, then most likely in the next couple of weeks!.  Once there are about 4-10 more character then I'll start the RP!
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Triple posting might be allowed once the RP starts, but not just yet, please.

In other news, can't wait!
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:36 pm

bump
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Aaaaaand......  Another bump
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Everyone come join! It's gonna be super fun when we get lots of people! Very Happy
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Welcome StacyHugsALot!
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:14 pm

~Bump for Fin
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Auditions are open!  I'm still hoping for a chief.  You can pick a picture and change his traits.  I just need a writer!
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:05 pm

AH I FORGOT HANG IN ILL PM YOU
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Welcome to Chief Zata!

And Let the Role-Playing Begin!!!! Very Happy  yay!
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen32

Commander Zata

“My job is to protect, if that means I will have no emotions, then so be it. . . . “

The earthlings had spent a night on our planet.  I had to restrain myself from murdering them while they slept.  Whatever they were, I was completely untrusting.  Some of the things slept in the great hall of our home while others stayed in their cradle.  This creatures disgusted me.  No matter how curious I might become, my first inclination was to annihilate them.  During breakfast, we ate in the dining room.  A large 400 foot long room with a table half the size.  Food platters were carried out by water spirits like usual.  I was unable to eat with my hidden sister this morning because of the “guests”.  My mood worsened when chatter began to commence.  They sounded like araknei.  They are little cockroach like creatures, only 7 times as large and they have a sound of screeching.  I didn’t care if I was too rough on them.  They were my #1 threat at this moment.

After breakfast, I stood up abruptly and walked away.  I needed to begin training so I could take the troop out for some hunting.  As I walked outside to the training grounds i saw some familiar faces of my fellow soldiers.  I nodded as I passed by.  I walked over to a post where I grabbed my sword and began hacking it into pieces.

I was finally finished with my warm up when I began to walk to Luna’s private gardens.  I walked by the celeste roses when I found her.  No one knew about her being alive because once they did, they wouldn’t respect the boundaries.

“Good morning Luna.  I assume you are well.”  I looked at her  She seemed longing as she looked towards the house.

“I understand your feeling of isolation, but it is for the common good.”  She seemed saddened by my comment.  I did not understand how someone could have so many emotions.  Looking her in the eye I decided to attempt to make her happier.

“If you would like, my troops are going out again and I could pick some Luminous Asterial for you.  I know they are your favorite flowers.”  I looked onward towards the house where her mind was.  When would I understand how normal people behaved.

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen35

Luna Zata

"Loving life is wonderful, but living life is beautiful. . .”

Stelar seemed colder than usual.  It was most likely because of out guests.  Honestly, I thought they seemed nice! They looked to be struggling though.  They were frightened, and I’m not doubting why.  They were on a strange planet with cold people.  When Stelar offered to bring me flowers, I smiled.

“I would love a bouquet!  Thank you.”  I looked back at the house.  I only wanted to meet one person.  Just one. . .  I knew I was not allowed to, although I did not see the harm.  They did not know of my history or our planet.  Perhaps I could help them is some way!  I longed to do that, although I knew in my heart I could not.  When Stelar finally walked away, I did not know what to do.  Perhaps I would sketch or take care of my garden, and if someone happened to wander over here and we began to speak with each other. . .

Never mind. . .  I knew better.  If someone came out, I would most likely need to hide or something.  I looked over at my peonies.  They needed more care.  I walked over and pruned them, getting them ready for the eyes of the people.
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Rose Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Kia_zu11
Kia Zurkura

As I was going through my daily duties I saw a strange creature. They looked and seemed much different from us. I heard of aliens before, but I never thought that they would look so similar to us. I always thought they were a variety of colors and spoke gibberish. Why were they so strange and what were these things they wore? I will never understand these aliens.

I [url=#]continuedRiptide Roleplay (closed) Arrow-10x10[/url] to move from elderly person to elderly person giving them their medication and making sure the little one didn’t try wander off. All of a sudden the two strange creatures began conversing right next to me. Why on Riptide did these aliens have to be so loud. Too much noise. I went further into the village to get away from the noise and saw Chase and Gubble

“Hello you two, are you guys being good today?”
Ashley Rose
Ashley Rose
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 216
Tickets 217

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen34

Captain Jonathan Michaels

During breakfast the next morning, I was quiet.  The crew spoke amongst themselves, although I could feel the tension between us and the Lady.  She seemed tough, like if she had the chance she would rip your bones open.  I began to be more skeptic about this place by the second.  Why did I even contemplate staying here.  We needed to find a new planet of out own.  Repopulate and restart our lives.  I leaned over to our Violist and spoke with him.

“You seem to be a kind fellow with ambitions.  If you could speak to the people here and learn about this place, I would be grateful.  If I approached someone, they would look away because I am our leader.  Do this for me.”

I finished my food and walked back to where we had rested.  I packed up my clothes and wandered around the house.  If we were to be here for a long while, I might as well be acquainted with the place.  I looked at the architecture until I bumped into someone.

“My sincerest of apologies.”   I said.  Although it didn’t feel that sincere.

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen33

Michelangelo Suvero

"Sometimes, the only escape. . . .

As people began speaking and eating, i began to smile.  Even though we were in a strange place, everyone became more at ease now that we were no longer in space.  I was about to talk with someone next to me when the Captain leaned over to me.

“You seem to be a kind fellow with ambitions.  If you could speak to the people here and learn about this place, I would be grateful.  If I approached someone, they would look away because I am our leader.  Do this for me.”  With that, he walked away.  Okay. . .  Now I have to do something, although I’m thankful to know where I’m living.  I want to know about the strangers like me.

When I left the dining hall, I looked for an exit.  No matter where I went, It was nearly impossible to find one.  When I did find an exit, I felt as if I practically ran outside.  I felt fresh, odd smelling, air on my face.  At times there were rain droplets from the sky, most likely from the water barrier.  The roads were mostly some kind of sidewalk material with trees occasionally plotted around.  People walked in the marketplace buying their groceries.  The foods seemed exotic.  Nothing was the same with food!

The eggs were blue, the bread was red, and something that looked like a strawberry, don’t try free samples, tasted like Tabasco sauce!  I spoke with people and became excited.  They seem like people in New New York!  The building seemed similar, people had jobs and children.  This wasn’t a 3rd world planet.  This was more like Earth.  The people looked a bit different, but still the same at heart.

I was so thrilled when suddenly I slammed into someone.

“My goodness!  I am so sorry!  Here, may I help you?"

. . . . Is the one we’re most afraid to take"
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:51 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen26Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen27
Chase BlackMist & Gubble

“Adventure is around every mysterious turn. . .

“MOM!  DAD!  There are random aliens here!  I’m gonna greet them.”

Mom and dad both laughed their heads off at me.  Last night, some random flying metal thing landed in the forest and the guards dashed for the. . . the ship thing.  Gubble would not sleep for the life of me.  Actually, I think it was the other way around.  Gubble kept whining and wanted to sleep, but the fire looked so cool.  It was finally morning.  As I was yelling of excitement, Gubble came down and stretched.  

“Come on Gubble, we gotta go check on the aliens!”

Gubble looked at me tiredly and rolled onto his back.  I rolled my eyes.

“Fine!  Belly rub first, then we will go see the people.”

I walked over to him and rubbed his belly for a while.  We were ready to go!

We dashed out of the house and ran down the streets when I almost ran into Kia.  I was terrified.

“Hello you two, are you guys being good today?”

Immediately when she finished, Gubble ran face first into her leg.  Gubble stepped back and wrinkled his nose dizzily for a little bit before shaking it off.

“Yeah.  W-we are t-totally not going to s-see the aliens o-or anything.”

I nervously smiled at her.  Dude, i’m a horrible liar.

“Oh!  Look at the time.  Gotta run!”

Gubble and I hightailed it out of there before Kia could ask another question.  Maybe we could go on some kind of adventure today.  As I thought this, I ran right into the gates that lead to the Zata’s gardens.  I toppled over backwards before Gubble ran into me too.

“That’s the second time you ran into someone today!”

I got up quickly to look Gubble straight in the eyes.

“We gotta go see the aliens and I don’t know where they are.  Can’t you sniff them out or anything?”

Gubble cocked his head sideways and pawed at his nose like he didn’t know anything.  This wasn’t amusing in the slightest.  I turned back around and saw Luna.  She was pretty. . . pretty boring of course.  What can you do in a garden?  Sit?  Think?  What about going on an adventure?  That sounds better to me.  Being locked up in some room all day stinks.  I glanced to my right and I spotted a path towards the aliens.  This is gonna be so much fun!

. . . but it’s good to know where you’re going too."  *nervous chuckle*
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:02 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Wyce212

Wyce Chordall

"There is no end to the adventures that we can have..."

I walked through the marketplace with the grocery list my mother gave me, but I was too excited to focus on shopping. A ship full of aliens landed near our village yesterday! I heard some guards call them "earthlings." Was that the name of their planet? It must be very far away. I've never heard of it. 

I don't usually volunteer to go to the market, but I wanted to see if any of the newcomers were there. After about an hour I had only bought a few things on the list. I heard my father's words echo in my head: "Wasting time is a waste of opportunity, Wyce." I sighed and turned toward the next market stall. It's not like the earthlings were going anywhere anytime soon. Their ship had been badly damaged and it would take some time to repair. There would be plenty of time to talk with these new people.

I had just bought some loaves of bread when someone bumped into me. "My goodness!" I said. "I'm so sorry! Here, may I help you?" I froze when I realized it was one of the earthlings! He had blond hair and appeared to be a little older than me. I was so excited I almost dropped my basket.

"I...um...hi!" I smiled so wide my face started to hurt. Oh, what was that earth greeting...oh yeah! I stuck my hand out. "My name is Wyce. Welcome to Riptide!"

"...if only we seek them with our eyes open."
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:40 pm

Michelangelo Suvero

"My name is Wyce. Welcome to Riptide!”  Wyce, what an interesting name.  Of course I hadn’t met anyone really so I can’t compare it.

“It is a pleasure to meet you. . . Rice?  Is that how you pronounce it?”  I laughed a bit.

“I’m sorry, you are the first person I’ve met, and I’m not good with names!”  I chuckled a bit.

“Oh!  And my name is Michelangelo, but most people call me Mike.”  I shook her hand.

“So, what is this place like?  I, obviously, just got here and, I guess, I’m pretty confused.”  I just realized that I had been carrying my viola all the way here.  Maybe that is why they were looking at me strangely.  Although, now that I think of it, again, It’s most likely because I’m an alien to them.

FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Zata111
Chief Zata

"A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way..."

The earthlings wandered the hall, eating the breakfast we'd offered them. They were an interesting group, fleeing their dying home world in search of another. I wished to speed them on their way towards their goal, but at the same time I believed there was much we Riptideans could learn from these "humans." I had instructed the crew in charge of the Excalibur's repair to take notes on the ship's 
schematics and machinery. It was a fascinating piece, different than ours, but by no means superior. 

My daughter, Commander Zata, did not exactly share my views. She was skeptical of the visitors and wanted them gone at first light or slaughtered by her blade. I watched her leave the hall to begin training with the warriors. Stelar was a good leader, but she had far to go if I was to leave the Village in her command 
someday. I continued to watch the humans when I felt something bump into me. I turned around to find the captain of the humans' ship behind me. 

"My sincerest of apologies," he said. I raised an eyebrow at his tone.

"Ah yes, Captain Michaels, is it?" I asked. "I trust your night in the Hall was pleasant for you and your people?"

"...and shows the way."
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen34

Captain Jonathan Michaels

"Ah yes, Captain Michaels, is it?" I asked. "I trust your night in the Hall was pleasant for you and your people?”  He seemed to think himself superior than me by his tone.  Of course, how could I say otherwise when this was not our planet and we were not the one with powers.

“The Great Hall was stupendous your honor.  I’m assuming that is what I should call you.  My people, with this rest, will be able to return to working on the ship as soon as possible.  I will make sure all members will be diligent.  I do not want to overstay our welcome.”  Well, most people will be at work.  A few others will be gathering intel.  This experience will either bring us to another planet, or the conquering of this one.

The Chief was taller than I was, but perhaps not as stupendous a warrior as I.  I may have been hired to captain a ship, but I was prepared for everything.  The people here made me nervous.  So far, all of them had control over water.  They could drain us of H2O and have us killed instantaneously.  By the looks of it, we were not going to get along at all.
FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Screen28

Cleo Divani

“I have imagined great things and the divine. . .

The ship ran out of power and I did all I could to make it so it wouldn’t crash.  We didn’t have a choice.

“Charles!  Get somewhere safe before it. . .”

The Excalibur crashed and I was knocked out from the impact.  Before this happened, I said I wanted to go where the captain wanted to go.  Outside and to explore a bit.  That’s probably where I would go next.  I opened my eyes and there was ruble everywhere.  There were casualties left and right.  There was a man that was calling off the names of dead people.  Sparks flew overhead and everything was torn apart.

“Daniel Nether, Michael Char, and Charles Bandwith.”

I got up from where I was lying down.  Tears fell from my eyes.  Later, we made our way to a big hall and had breakfast.  It was such a long night.  I sat at a table and I just couldn’t eat.  You can’t really eat when your best friend since fourth grade was killed.  I just stirred the strange food on my plate and sat at the edge of the table.  As I looked up, I saw the captain talking to another guy that looked unfamiliar.  It must be one of the citizens of Riptide or something.  Who gives a buck (dollar) for who it was?  I wasn’t going to recover easily.  No one understood me like Charles did.  I sat there quietly, crying subtly like a child.

. . .but it was nothing more than a dream. ."
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:15 pm

Riptide Roleplay (closed) Wyce212

Wyce Chordall

"There is no end to the adventures that we can have..."

“It is a pleasure to meet you...Rice? Is that how you pronounce it?” He laughed. “I’m sorry, you are the first person I’ve met, and I’m not good with names! Oh! And my name is Michelangelo, but most people call me Mike." He grabbed my hand and shook it up and down. I couldn't help it; I laughed too. I never thought I'd ever get to meet someone from a different planet.

"So, what is this place like? I, obviously, just got here and I guess I'm pretty confused," he continued. 

"Oh! Actually, it's Wyce. Rhymes with mice, twice as nice, haha. That's what my father says anyway. Well, Riptide is pretty great! This is the warm season, so the 
flowers are blooming and most of the best vegetables have been harvested. The villagers are nice...usually...but watch out for Commander Zata and her warriors. They're kinda scary. They get to go out to the forests though. It's too dangerous for the rest of us." He looked at me kinda funny. I didn't scare him, did I? "Oh don't worry! We're safe within the barrier." I noticed the strange item in his 
his hands. It looked sort of like a glendare, one of our stringed instruments. Ooh, I bet he was a musician! I wondered what human songs were like.  

"So, what's your world like? I bet it's a fascinating place!" 

"...if only we seek them with our eyes open."
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by FinTheFish Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:31 pm

Michelangelo Suvero

She told me about how wonderful the place was and, when she said no one could leave the barrier, I gave her a strange look.  Why couldn’t anyone leave the barrier?

“So, what’s your world like?  I bet it’s a fascinating place!”  She hit a heartstring there.  I think I winced at the mention of it.

“Well, it was beautiful.  Kind of like your planet, but with more nature everywhere and no barriers.  There were fields of poppies and bushes of roses.  The food was amazing.  We had dishes that could take you around the globe.  Hypothetically speaking of course.  And I had so many friends and family. . . .”  I stopped for a second at the mention of family.  No one in the Suvero clan, except for me, was able to have a chance at a new life.  They could have packed the ships full, given more people a better chance to live, but they just had to pick and choose from the ‘best’.  My heart became heavy.

“I had a mother who loved to sing.  I would play along with her and, since I’m not much of a singer in my mind, I would play duets on my Viola.”  I lifted my instrument a bit.  Since I didn’t have a case, it was just the bow and the instrument itself.  I always kept my resin in my back pocket.  Thinking of our duets, I lifted my Viola up to my shoulder and began to play one of our favorite pieces.

“This was my mother’s favorite song,”  I said while playing.  “She would always dance around me whilst I played and sing the most loveliest of tunes!”  I began to circle around her and spin with a grin on my face.

“Where dark winds are calling, where mountains are fierce and bold!  Deep waters hide reflections from times lost long ago!  I will chase every story take hold of my own dream!  Be as strong as the winds are stormy, and as proud as an eagles beam!”  With that I finished my performance beaming.  Hopefully, I didn’t scare her away, to some people, I may be a bit eccentric.

FinTheFish
FinTheFish
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 570
Tickets 571

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next