Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G rating change

4 posters

Go down

G rating change Empty G rating change

Post by goCards Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:02 am

Are the rules changing a site started for bearville fans to an r-rated site without discussion?
I sit with family all the time and do not need another source of swear words to be filtered.
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

G rating change Empty Re: G rating change

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:30 pm

i'm not sure if i would call it r rated but yeah i think they're going for a pg-13 rating maybe since a lot of the users here are teens now

Back to top Go down

Post by Anika Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:58 pm

The key is really in what you've said.. It started as a bearville fan site but it hasn't remained that way. There isn't anything wrong in wanting to modify some of the rules in order to target mid/older teenagers more, which is what the admins and staff want to do. Smile

* I don't think this is the right section for this to be posted in, either?
Anika
Anika
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 4
Posts 991
Tickets 13006

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Anika is right. The site was originally a Bearville site for a few years and a lot of children were playing around that time so it makes sense for no cursing to be allowed. Now that Bearville is gone and mostly teenagers go on here and since it's a fandom site, it totally makes sense to make cursing allowed. I wouldn't say r-rated as I'll definitely moderate the conversations that people may be having and won't let anyone go overboard with inappropriate conversations.

-Moved to I Need help-
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:25 pm

My post probably won't serve as much use as I'll just be reiterating what everyone above has already said, but I'll still do it anyway. Very Happy

So basically as we all know, this started as a bearville site/forum and once it was closed, it transformed into a fandom site. However, we never were really dedicated to fandoms, it was just kind of something we called the site as it was branching away from our old roots. But now, we are actually going to make it a real entertainment/fandom site, which is super exciting! Very Happy In terms of being R-rated, that's definitely not the case. Although cursing is allowed for example, let's be honest, all of us here are very well-mannered and would never be inappropriate in a bad way. Occasionally we might cuss a little bit, but as we've all grown up together on this site, most of us are now at least into the teenager phase, if not into adulthood. And along with that comes grown up conversations and language. That doesn't mean we are going to be rude, nasty, or offer taboo things on our site. It merely represents that we are allowed to speak on here just like how we speak in real life. Whereas before, we spoke much more childish than how we do in our everyday lives. But to be honest, I doubt much is going to change with regards to this rule as none of us will be cussing constantly. Plus, if anyone was to do that, then that's why we still have the rule of saying to not use it in a certain context. (:

This was super long, but I hope I was able to answer your question and put your fears to rest! If not, feel free to continue to talk about this issue and I'd be more than happy to answer any other inquiries you may have. (:
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:36 pm

It is an idea for the site. Still says bearville boulevard.com on the top of the screen.
Hiding in a different section does not change the idea.
I do not speak that way in 'real life'. 
Never have.
It is not acceptable talk on the family couch.
Only takes one word in the title of an article to be offensive.
Last time i checked chat box already did that.
other fandom site was doing that before closing, this site has archives that are bearville and as adults have found employers looking ...
Discussion of idea is what I was looking for.
Too many other things going on, doctor told sister to look into long term recovery facility after finally off respirator...
2nd in family with brain surgery this month, prayers are accepted, swearing not so much.
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:54 pm

goCards wrote:It is an idea for the site. Still says bearville boulevard.com on the top of the screen.
Never have.
other fandom site was doing that before closing, this site has archives that are bearville and as adults have found employers looking ...
Too many other things going on, doctor told sister to look into long term recovery facility after finally off respirator...
2nd in family with brain surgery this month, prayers are accepted, swearing not so much.
You should use the url: fandomtopia.forumotion.com as the other one expired and it isn't a bearville forum anymore so there's really no need to use that link for that reason.
Even if the rule has changed to allow cursing, it doesn't mean you have to use cursing yourself. But you have to respect others that choose to. We discussed the idea with staff, but we don't tend to discuss stuff like this with members and we, as staff, believe that since most of us are teenagers or will be teenagers that cursing is something part of our everyday lives so it's not like we aren't used to hearing it. We wouldn't use it to insult or hurt others though.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:57 pm

Hazza wrote:
goCards wrote:It is an idea for the site. Still says bearville boulevard.com on the top of the screen.
Never have.
You should use the url: fandomtopia.forumotion.com as the other one expired and it isn't a bearville forum anymore so there's really no need to use that link for that reason.
Even if the rule has changed to allow cursing, it doesn't mean you have to use cursing yourself. But you have to respect others that choose to. We discussed the idea with staff, but we don't tend to discuss stuff like this with members and we, as staff, believe that since most of us are teenagers or will be teenagers that cursing is something part of our everyday lives so it's not like we aren't used to hearing it. We wouldn't use it to insult or hurt others though.
Exactly. We understand those who choose both to curse and not to curse. As we all get older, cursing is something that even if you don't partake directly in, is heard at schools, sometimes at home, among friends, online, etc. With these changing times, we saw it best to implement a rule which gives wiggle room to members in which they choose what they would like to say and do -- all in an appropriate way, ofc. It is 100% up to you as to whether or not you want to or do not want to curse. By no means are we advocating that bad language is a good thing, it's just something that happens in everyday life for most people and we understand that, which is why we are becoming more lenient on the rule.
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down