Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump has won!

+6
goCards
Hazza
Marilyn
Mark
gabby
Anika
10 posters

Go down

Trump has won! Empty Trump has won!

Post by Anika Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:25 am

Donald Trump has officially been elected as president of the USA. 

The link below lists the, current, effect on the world of Trump being elected: {I was bored and found this really interesting!}
http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-election-latest-idUSL8N1DA30A

It's certainly a shock but how do you guys feel about this? Are you happy or upset? Feel free to share your views. I guess this could be like a rant thread if you need to vent. Laughing 

*No arguing lol. What's done is done*
Anika
Anika
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 4
Posts 991
Tickets 13006

Back to top Go down

Trump has won! Empty Re: Trump has won!

Post by gabby Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:27 am

Ah, I've never been more disappointed in my life. I feel very betrayed and this election has truly made me realize that 99% of the American population are uneducated idiots. I don't think some people realize that all of the progress we've made as a country is going to go down the drain because of someone who has no political experience. This election was basically a big "screw you" to anyone who isn't a white male. I will never respect someone who does not respect me.
gabby
gabby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 16
Posts 8910
Tickets 4424

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:10 pm

To be honest, I'm not happy that Trump is my president nor if Hillary Clinton was my president. I think they both have many, many problems and are unfit to serve as commander-in-chief. With that being said, I am slightly more happy that Trump is in charge as opposed to Clinton. By no means do I consider myself to be a 'Trump supporter' bc no, I don't agree with many of his arguments and I am definitely not someone who uses racism, sexism, bigotry, etc. There were a lot of reasons why I simply could not bring myself to vote for Hillary Clinton and that starts with her being a criminal, a liar, a corrupt politician, and so much more. I think for me a big decisive was do I support the things Donald Trump is being accused of? Absolutely not. But would I rather have someone in office that we are taking a chance on? That might have done bad things 30 years ago or do we go with the sure thing that has already proven to be untrustworthy and handle our classified information with such little respect that now we have no control over what secret information other countries know about us. I, in good conscience, simply could not bring myself to vote for Hillary, and therefore resulted in Donald Trump.

Something that has bothered me this entire election though is the hate that is going on between both sides of supporters. I think that your hate should be left between the candidates, not toward fellow citizens. I simply cannot stand those who call Trump supporters racist, sexist, pigs, disgusting human beings, and so much more. Like I said, I voted for him. But I am not a single one of those things, and especially when it's friends who start to say those things simply because they see you are supporting Donald Trump, not because you actually are those things, it really starts to hurt. It's like if I were to flip the table on Hillary supporters and say oh, does that make you a lying criminal? A killer? No! They have their reasons for voting for Hillary, and despite the fact we don't see eye to eye, guess what? I respect them! I respect anyone who takes their time and goes out to vote. The only people I do not respect are those who either a) Don't vote yet complain about the results or b) Say 'well, I don't like Hillary or Trump so I refuse to vote for either of them' -- like hellooooo, one of them is going to win, so basically you're giving a free vote to the candidate you hate the most.... -- Lastly on the whole supporter bashing subject, I understand what Trump says can be terrifying. But people instantly think that his supporters believe everything he's saying and support it all 100%. That's definitely not the case. I have a major problem with the hate going on on twitter saying that half of the population are racist, homophobic pigs and are slobs and disgusting and blah blah blah. First of all, aren't some of those exact words what you had a problem with Donald Trump using on people? Saying he's a bigot and a monster because he says those things yet here you are doing it too, what because you didn't get what you wanted?? That's being just as bad as what he did, so I don't see a difference. Also, I'm very upset at those who say they won't rally behind the president. No matter WHO won the election, every single citizen HAS to rally behind our next leader. THEY are there to support US. What THEY do affects US. So if you want them to fail, well you're only wishing for your own demise. I wish people could understand that. I get that you don't support Donald Trump but don't you support the United States? Don't you support your lifestyle? Don't you support your family? Yourself?

Anyways, I understand that some of the things Trump said have been, well, awful. I get that. I don't support that. Yet overall, I still chose Trump. That doesn't make me a bad person, it makes me a person who wants change. Do we need tighter border control? Yes. We have illegal immigrants coming here left and right taking our hard earned tax payer dollars, infiltrating our schools which gives our actual citizens a worse education, etc, etc. But does that mean we need to BAN Muslims? Absolutely NOT. That first of all will never ever work, but secondly, that's not okay on any level to stereotype like that. I understand why he proposed that idea bc currently all of our 'terrorist' problems relate to ISIS which is in Syria and so on and so forth. But you simply cannot do that. It's unconstitutional and hurtful toward so many of our Muslim friends. However, I do think extreme vetting is a good idea. No, not ONLY on Muslims, but on everyone that chooses to enter this country (for residence). If we are letting someone into our country, isn't it fair to understand their background? To ensure the safety of our citizens? I think so. (: This goes for whites, blacks, Muslims, Latinos, Asians, literally every race and culture. It's more about vetting everyone as opposed to vetting certain ethnicities. I could go on and on about all of his points and depict the things I agree with and the things I don't, but that would take forever so I'm going to leave it at just my few examples ahaha.

In closing, everyone, please no hate on this thread. I understand we are all passionate about politics, who isn't? Very Happy But we have to remember that some of us here are Clinton supporters and others are Trump supporters and you know what? We have to respect that. We are all friends and that's what matters here. Let's not let politics further divide us. There's one thing we all want and that's our country to succeed, and I think at this point no matter who you voted for (in the case of me, even though I "technically" won), we are all still praying that our country isn't on it's way to failure. So, let's all agree to disagree for the sake of our friendships and our great nation and leave the hate at the polling station, not on here. (:
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:52 pm

I agree with everything you've said, January <33
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Mark wrote:I agree with everything you've said, January <33
Aww, thank you so much! <3
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:19 pm

honestly don't really matter to me, but I am glad Trump won because I agree with most of his choices he plans to make as President
Marilyn
Marilyn
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 5
Posts 968
Tickets 1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:02 pm

I don't agree with this decision at all but I hope that he does a better job than expected and that I and so many other wonderful, beautiful people won't have to feel as unsafe as we do right now in our own country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:03 pm

meghan wrote:I don't agree with this decision at all but I hope that he does a better job than expected and that I and so many other wonderful, beautiful people won't have to feel as unsafe as we do right now in our own country.
I agree - I hope he does a good job and that our citizens begin to feel safe again <3
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:05 pm

I'm just disappointed and upset with our country. I couldn't sleep last night, I was sobbing in bed, and it doesn't help matters when both of my parents voted for Trump while it seems like I'm the only one in my family that actually has common sense by voting for Hillary. I know both of them aren't exactly liked that much, but I still could find some good in Hillary in some ways. The fact that I voted for the first time and my candidate didn't win really upsets me. My parents don't really see what I can see and they don't understand. They are so clueless because honestly I do believe that this country is doomed when Trump does take office in January.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:14 pm

Hazza wrote:I'm just disappointed and upset with our country. I couldn't sleep last night, I was sobbing in bed, and it doesn't help matters when both of my parents voted for Trump while it seems like I'm the only one in my family that actually has common sense by voting for Hillary. I know both of them aren't exactly liked that much, but I still could find some good in Hillary in some ways. The fact that I voted for the first time and my candidate didn't win really upsets me. My parents don't really see what I can see and they don't understand. They are so clueless because honestly I do believe that this country is doomed when Trump does take office in January.
I'm so sorry you feel that way. If I were in your shoes, I would be very disappointed and angry as well, so I can totally sympathize with your feelings and opinions. I think at this point, we have to remember that (and I quote Obama here) we are not Republicans or Democrats first, but Americans first. And although last night was a tough battle, today we must stand united as a team and hope for the best - even from those who don't believe we can have the best with Donald Trump. At the end of the day, we all want success for the United States and even if we don't think Donald Trump is someone who can be successful in Washington, that doesn't mean we shouldn't hope he is. Regardless of the way the election unfolded, all you can do is live by the phrase everything happens for a reason, despite not knowing that reason. (: <3
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:54 am

Before election finally find proper response.
Pray 4USA
Still true.
Current president soooo very terrible - honestly questioned whether we would survive this term.
Being awakened in the night multiple times as government killed homeless guy who left gun in other pants. 
Family home being sold to pay for care not covered in obamacare.
Life-human life- so precious, government needs to rebuy into this fact and Trump sounded more able to do this than Clintons.
Pray 4 America. take your cares and heart broken before the Creator.
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Just putting in my two cents here as I'm not an American citizen, but I am a citizen of a world where the USA is a key player in world trade, international relations and globalisation in general. For those reasons I know that the election of Trump is going to affect me somewhere along the line (that's why I care so much) and it's for those reasons that I, as a non-white woman, felt sick, threatened and upset at the result of the election.

2016 has been an absolutely terrible year for politics. In June my country voted to leave the European Union, and although it wasn't exactly the same as the presidential election, the fact that almost all polls predicted that we would remain and that there appeared to be many 'closet' voters who voted to leave because they were affected by scaremongering tactics like 'immigrants taking their jobs' mirrors the result of the US vote. As a result of the Brexit, the pound (UK currency) fell to the lowest it had been for 30 years as well as other currencies, but the scariest thing for me was that the number of racist attacks rose by 60% (I think) because people felt that it was okay to attack those who they thought were 'immigrants' and 'refugees' - to some people, this is all the people visibly not of English heritage. 
(My personal opinion of immigrants, in short, is that they actually benefit the country. My family are immigrants to the UK and both my parents have two degrees, which is a higher level of education than most of the people who complain about us stealing their jobs - why should it be unreasonable to employ someone of a higher standard of education who could do a better job than you? As for refugees, I feel a moral duty to help those who are fleeing from war-torn countries - I believe it actually stipulates in the UN Declaration on Human Rights that every person has the right to live in a safe place, and I am blessed enough to live in a country with enough resources to take in extra people...) I really pray that similar events don't materialise in the US.

My view is that I definitely would have voted for Hillary Clinton if I could. She may not have made the best decisions in her career, the most famous being her usage of private email servers for government correspondence - but the FBI found her not guilty of any crime twice! I don't think there's any doubt that she has worked throughout her political career to improve education and rights for women and ethnic minorities. Conversely Donald Trump, a candidate with no political experience at all, has boasted about sexually assaulting women and then saying they were 'not attractive enough', used his position of power to say why touching women inappropriately (and illegally) is justified, issued statements against ethnic minorities, religious groups, LGBT people, disabled people, admitted that he had not paid taxes although he is one of the biggest businessmen in the US, lied about his fake university - the list goes on. How can parents tell their children that sexism, racism, ableism, religious discrimination, sexual discrimination, lying and cheating are not okay when their future president advocates for all those things?

In electing the first black president in 2008, one might have thought that the US was leading the way in terms of diversity, but the results of the 2016 election have gone two steps back for the step forward that Obama took. It's so sad to see that people just couldn't stand seeing a woman as their leader - even some women themselves, which was most shocking for me. I've already read reports of Muslim women saying that they are too afraid to wear their hijabs (headscarves) in public now because of the attacks they might get. I've also read social media posts of men saying that they will now touch women inappropriately because the man whom they elected as president does it too. This is the world that the vote for Trump has created, and I don't want my American friends, or Americans in general, to have to live in it. If I lived in the USA right now, Trump certainly would not be my President.
Faye
Faye
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 2040
Tickets 849

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanah Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:59 pm

I'm honestly not going to go into my reasons on why I am absolutely against what Trump believes in and stands for, because otherwise I'd be writing a whole novel right now. Long story short, I couldn't be any more disappointed in the current political events happening in America. Really, I was in support of neither Trump nor Hillary. But it came down to just having to choose one over the other simply so the other doesn't get elected. This was definitely not my ideal first election to vote in, and I know many people are in the same boat as me. :/
Savanah
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 10
Posts 4447
Tickets 11470

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 am

Savanah wrote:I'm honestly not going to go into my reasons on why I am absolutely against what Trump believes in and stands for, because otherwise I'd be writing a whole novel right now. Long story short, I couldn't be any more disappointed in the current political events happening in America. Really, I was in support of neither Trump nor Hillary. But it came down to just having to choose one over the other simply so the other doesn't get elected. This was definitely not my ideal first election to vote in, and I know many people are in the same boat as me. :/
It was my first election, too. :c
One thing I learned from this is how important educating yourself on every candidate is and encouraging others to do the same. And that every vote matters, even if it seems like it doesn't.
Hopefully things will turn out better than we all expect, but it's important that we all stick together and show that love is greater than hatred and fear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helaine Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:15 am

meghan wrote:
Savanah wrote:I'm honestly not going to go into my reasons on why I am absolutely against what Trump believes in and stands for, because otherwise I'd be writing a whole novel right now. Long story short, I couldn't be any more disappointed in the current political events happening in America. Really, I was in support of neither Trump nor Hillary. But it came down to just having to choose one over the other simply so the other doesn't get elected. This was definitely not my ideal first election to vote in, and I know many people are in the same boat as me. :/
It was my first election, too. :c
One thing I learned from this is how important educating yourself on every candidate is and encouraging others to do the same. And that every vote matters, even if it seems like it doesn't.
Hopefully things will turn out better than we all expect, but it's important that we all stick together and show that love is greater than hatred and fear.
Couldn't agree more, Meghan!
Helaine
Helaine
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Reputation 9
Posts 18638
Tickets 14333

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved♡ Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:17 pm

I have a bad feeling with Trump. Even though he's not perfect and the things he says, I do think he doesn't seem like the type to fit into the position of being president. I'm not trying to judge but it frightens me..

I believe the results of the election was because of the people who didn't vote, because they were upset about the whole election and didn't do anything about it. If we were to do something about it, I think something could've changed..maybe >___<

What concerns me is how he will take care of environmental issues. I heard in an article that he's planning to support digging up fossil fuels instead of banning it--as the original plan was supposed to be. He's about to bring our planet into a disaster and climatical crisis!
Beloved♡
Beloved♡
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 8
Posts 3477
Tickets 2701

Back to top Go down

Post by Anika Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:32 am

Wow, there's a real mixture of views on this thread! I'm not going to individually reply to every single one because that would take forever. Very Happy 

I'm not going to go into my own views either because that will also take forever. To sum my views up though, I'm totally anti-Trump but It will be interesting to see how America changes in the next 4 years. Whether those changes will be good or bad changes - only time can tell. Smile
Anika
Anika
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 4
Posts 991
Tickets 13006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down