Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Vocabulary

Go down

Basic Vocabulary Empty Basic Vocabulary

Post by Hazza Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:01 am

Hola – Hello

Adiós – Goodbye

Gracias – Thank you

De nada – You’re welcome

¿Cómo estás? – How are you?

¿Cómo te llamas? – What is your name? (familiar)

¿Cómo esta usted? – How are you? (formal)

¿Cómo se llama usted? – What is your name? (formal)

Buenos dias – Good morning

Buenos tardes – Good afternoon

Buenos noches – Good night

Me llamo _____ - My name is

Si – Yes

No – No

Estoy bien – I am fine

Mucho gusto – Nice to meet you

Hasta luego – See you later

Por favor – Please

Bienvenidos – Welcome

Hasta mañana – See you tomorrow

Hasta pronto – See you soon

Igualmente – Likewise

¿Y tú? - And you? (familiar)

¿Y usted? -  And you? (formal)

----

A few notes:
1. Spanish accents are important in this language. If you don't pronounce or even spell a word without the accent where it's needed you could be saying a whole different word. Don't do that! Go to Spanish Dict to listen to all of these words, but pay attention to those with accents.
2. Usted Vs. Tú - You would use usted if you are speaking to someone of authority or higher power such as a teacher. You would use tú if you are speaking to someone such as your friend.
3. The upside down question mark - Along with the accents, Spanish also has a special question mark. When writing a question it wouldn't be a full question without both question marks.
4. There are different ways to say your name! I put the "me llamo" one, but you can also say: (Yo)soy (in a different lesson will teach you as to why you don't have to say/write the yo). Ex: Yo soy Samantha. The last way is Mi nombre es _____. I like the Yo soy or the Me llamo version the best, but use whichever works for you.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down