Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Whirlwind (Free)Lancer ~ Story Shoppe

+3
Mark
King K
goCards
7 posters

Go down

The Whirlwind (Free)Lancer ~ Story Shoppe Empty The Whirlwind (Free)Lancer ~ Story Shoppe

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:21 am

The Whirlwind (Free)Lancer ~ Story Shoppe Thewhi11
                                                    (see what I did there? no? okay.)The Whirlwind (Free)Lancer ~ Story Shoppe Twfl12

Think of this like a graphics shop, but for stories! I want to start seriously writing, and I'd like your help. I have trouble motivating myself to write my own ideas, and I think if someone else asked me to write something I'll have a better chance of actually getting it done. I have a few examples on my Wattpad if you'd like to check those out.

Categories:::
Poems: length varies depending on subject and mood, so specify if you want a specific length
Drabble: 100-1000 words
Mini-Story: 1000-3000 words
Short Story: 3000-5000 words
Developed Short Story: 5000+

If you want something outside of the listed word count ranges, just let me know. The above are really just a guide.

What I won't write:::
-Mega fluffy romance.
-Horror.
-Fanfiction.
-Inappropriate material of any kind.  Basically, anything against forum rules.
-School assignment type stuff, i.e. if you plan on using me to write your sonnet for English class, forget it. (and head on over to the Academic Center)

Order Form:::
Length Category:
Genre:
Prompt/Summary (be as general or as specific as you like):
Permission to post the finished product on tumblr?:

Please? I'd love to start working.
I've also started a tumblr for my writing stuff: http://thewhirlwindfreelancer.tumblr.com/ (there's nothing there quite yet but there will be soon!)
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

The Whirlwind (Free)Lancer ~ Story Shoppe Empty Re: The Whirlwind (Free)Lancer ~ Story Shoppe

Post by goCards Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:34 pm

great idea.
Length Category: drabble
Genre: heroic fiction
Summary: save a beloved virtual world from an owning company that could care less
Permission to post: as you wish
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

The Whirlwind (Free)Lancer ~ Story Shoppe Empty Re: The Whirlwind (Free)Lancer ~ Story Shoppe

Post by goCards Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:29 pm

from another website, if it helps with the story..
Posted by RachelGirl192
Let me just quote a little girl, who has, ever since they announced that bearville will close down, had the worst nightmares about bearville (e.g. that she has to give away her bears in real life, too, or she wonders what happens to the furry friends on bearville, and if assassins will come at the end of March, to kill them all). She sums up her beliefs like this: 

"I am sure the people at Build a Bear Workshop forgot to put a heart into Sharon John. Otherwise she would not be so mean to close bearville down."
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:56 pm

goCards wrote:from another website, if it helps with the story..
Posted by RachelGirl192
Let me just quote a little girl, who has, ever since they announced that bearville will close down, had the worst nightmares about bearville (e.g. that she has to give away her bears in real life, too, or she wonders what happens to the furry friends on bearville, and if assassins will come at the end of March, to kill them all). She sums up her beliefs like this: 

"I am sure the people at Build a Bear Workshop forgot to put a heart into Sharon John. Otherwise she would not be so mean to close bearville down."

I'm about a third of the way done with this one, and I'm sorta going at it from a different direction, but man that quote is...adorably sad.

EDIT:
nevermind I'm gonna use that rofl
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:35 pm

as you wish.
Laughing
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 pm

goCards wrote:great idea.
Length Category: drabble
Genre: heroic fiction
Summary: save a beloved virtual world from an owning company that could care less
Permission to post: as you wish
WOOOOOO
This probably isn't anything near the plot you had in mind but I saw "heroic fiction" and Moira poked my brain and this is what came out. Anyway, enjoy, and thanks for being my first client!

Word Count: 959

~~~~~~~
Looking at the building across the street, Brent started having second thoughts. "This is a really bad idea."

Moira frowned as she knelt checking the backpack for the sixth time. "Yesterday you said it was a brilliant idea. Why the change?"

He sent a glare in her direction. “Yesterday there was no mention of zip lines in the middle of the night. You know I hate heights.”

Moira stood, securing the bag to her back. “This is the only way in. All the other entrances are heavily locked and secured, and the hallways are full of cameras.” She tugged on the wire above their heads, making sure it was stable. “Do you want to keep the site online or not?”

Brent stood as close to the edge of the roof as he dared, studying the dark windows of the company’s headquarters. Oh, he knew the stakes. Breaking and entering was a serious offense, even for minors, and especially when the building in question belonged to a Fortune 500 company. He wasn’t sure which felony ‘hacking into a computer owned by said company’ fell under, but he wasn’t exactly anxious to find out.

“You know I do.” He let her clip the line to the harness around his waist. “But why does the ‘only way in’ have to be on the roof?”

~~~
The zip line wasn’t so bad. Moira was adamant that Brent stay quiet, otherwise someone might hear them zooming hundreds of feet in the air, so he just focused all his energy into keeping his mouth shut and they were on the roof of the headquarters before he knew it. Moira got to work picking the lock of the door that would let them into the building’s top floor and on their way to the server room.

Their mission was simple, really. The site was slotted to be taken down in a week’s time. As charter members and dedicated activists of the virtual world, Moira and Brent (well, mostly Moira) decided they just wouldn’t stand for it. At first they felt powerless in the face of the company, but when Moira’s little cousin Aimee told Moira she had nightmares about what would happen to the characters on the site when it closed, well, no little girl deserved that. Hesitant at first, Brent finally caved when his own younger brother expressed the same fears. What he had in mind, however, was something more along the lines of a petition, or maybe a strongly-worded email. Moira had bigger plans, obviously.

“Got it.” Moira whispered as the padlock fell to the ground. She carefully opened the door and shone her flashlight down the flight of stairs. She turned to Brent. “You coming?”

~~~
Brent squinted at the blueprint. “The server room is sixth on the left,” he whispered. The two crept down the dark hallway toward their destination. “Are you sure you can do this?”

“What, get the code, or run it myself?” Brent could practically hear Moira roll her eyes. “Of course I’m sure. We get the program, get out, and set it up on my laptop. I know what I’m doing.”

When Moira first approached Brent with the plan, he thought it was just wistful thinking. There’s no way she actually thought they could go through this, right?

Wrong.

“This one?” Moira asked, still whispering. She was pointing toward a nondescript door, looking just like all the rest.

Brent checked the room number and nodded before remembering it was dark and Moira couldn’t see the signal. “Yeah, this should be it,” he replied.

Moira pulled out her lock picking kit again and got to work. This lock was simpler than the roof entrance’s and only took a few seconds. “Wow, guess the site’s not the only thing they’re letting go to pot these days. You’d think they’d have better protection for the computers.”

Brent glanced around anxiously. “Yeah, great. Can we just do this already? That virus I infected the cameras with isn’t going to last forever.”

Okay, this time he really could hear her eye roll, accompanied by an exasperated sigh. “You’re such a scaredy cat. Come on already.” She stepped into the room and was immediately surrounded by a dozen server towers, all blinking lights and whirring machine noises. “Aha!” she said, sticking a flash drive into one of the towers and starting to type on the keyboard on a shelf. “Aaaaand…got it!” Moira pulled the drive back out and held it in front of her triumphantly.

Brent raised an eyebrow. “That’s it? Are you sure you got it all? That was almost too easy.” Sure, the company was slipping, but surely they at least still cared about the site.

Moira must have read his mind. “Oh please,” she scoffed. “It’ll probably be days before they even notice it’s gone.”

~~~
A half hour later found the duo drinking milkshakes at the 24-hour Sonic outside of the business district; Moira sorting through the codes on her laptop. Brent couldn’t even begin to make heads or tails of it, but before long she whipped the computer around to face him “Ta-da!” The site was displayed on the screen in what appeared to be an editing mode. Extra buttons and blocks of type surrounded the main “play” screen. Moira grinned from ear to ear. “It’s all mine!”

Brent couldn’t help but smile just as wide. “Awesome!” She went back to typing. Brent couldn’t help but ask, “…Why did you need me in the first place? You could have handled this on your own just fine.”

Moira shrugged. “It wouldn’t have been as fun, and besides, without you there I would have chickened out. But you were there, and I didn’t leave, and now look what we've accomplished.

“Bearville lives.”
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:05 am

thanks.
very cool.
hope it was fun for you as well, I did enjoy.
Shocked
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:02 am

This is such a cool idea Read, I love it yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:04 pm

thanks Very Happy 
~bump
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Length Category: drabble.  Probably 100 words or so
Genre: Goofy Adventure
Prompt/Summary: So there is this owl hat with eyes that wishes to go on an adventure, but he has no legs to walk with.  His best friend is a little kid that wears him and is proud of the hat.  The hat gets more and more neglected over time.  One day, the hat is discovered and put on the kid's baby.  The hat is honored to have been placed on the baby.
Permission to post the finished product on tumblr?: Go for it

Btw, Free....Lancer LOL!  Love it!  And the dude from Kingdom Hearts is holding a pen?!  Lol!!

What about... Free......Mr. Lancer?  From Danny Phantom?  Got it? Wink
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Mark wrote:Order Form:::
Prompt/Summary: So there is this owl hat with eyes that wishes to go on an adventure, but he has no legs to walk with.  His best friend is a little kid that wears him and is proud of the hat.  The hat gets more and more neglected over time.  One day, the hat is discovered and put on the kid's baby.  The hat is honored to have been placed on the baby.

Btw, Free....Lancer LOL!  Love it!  And the dude from Kingdom Hearts is holding a pen?!  Lol!!

What about... Free......Mr. Lancer?  From Danny Phantom?  Got it? Wink
Hahaha oh that'll be fun.
The dude holding a pen is Xaldin whose nickname is "The Whirlwind Lancer" so that's where that came from lol. I couldn't help it. I forgot about Mr. Lancer pfffft.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by ValDaKewlest Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:09 am

Length Category: Drabble
Genre: Romance / Horror
Prompt/Summary (be as general or as specific as you like): A girl who falls in love with a boy, who disguises him self, but is really a monster, and tricked her into falling in love with him so he can drain her blood and become powerful, but in the end, he really loves her and regrets what he did.
Permission to post the finished product on tumblr?: Why not? Razz
ValDaKewlest
ValDaKewlest
Amazing Member
Amazing Member

Reputation 0
Posts 78
Tickets 79

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:26 am

Mark wrote:Order Form:::
what am I doing with my life
Word count: 129 (went a little over sorry)

I was sure he had forgotten me.

It'd been...oh goodness, I'd lost count...at least a decade since I last saw him. We were inseparable, the two of us. He took me on so many adventures I could never take on by myself, and I in return protected him from wind, rain, snow, and loneliness. It was my job, and I was good at it.

But eventually he didn’t need me anymore. I was cast aside; forgotten in a box in the attic.  Until one day, I saw the light of morning after so many years in the dark. It was him. He carried me through a house I didn’t recognize and introduced me to the babbling child in the crib. Her name was Diane.

And now I protect her.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Valerie✿ wrote:Length Category: Drabble
Genre: Romance / Horror
Prompt/Summary (be as general or as specific as you like): A girl who falls in love with a boy, who disguises him self, but is really a monster, and tricked her into falling in love with him so he can drain her blood and become powerful, but in the end, he really loves her and regrets what he did.
Permission to post the finished product on tumblr?: Why not? Razz
Alright! Well, since you requested the two genres I don't write, I took some artistic license with this one. Thanks for the order!
Word Count: 308
~~~

“You don’t seriously expect me to believe this, do you?”

He blinked at me, somewhat resembling a confused animal. It was actually pretty funny.
“Uh…what?”

I rolled my eyes. What an idiot. “Don’t tell me you actually think you’re a…what did you call it?”

His confused expression deepened. “A vampire. I’m hundreds of years old. I’m a monster. But…I love you. I didn’t plan on that, but I truly do. I’ll admit my original intentions were less than pure but…uh, why are you laughing?”

I couldn’t keep a straight face anymore. I completely lost it. “You—hahahaha!—you actually think you’re a—haha—vampire? Oh, this is gold. You’ve just made my day.” I straightened up, managing to constrain my laughter to giggling. “The love bit was a nice touch, I must admit. What do you think this is, Twilight? Do you sparkle in the sunlight, too?”

Now he looked offended. Pfft. “You think this is a joke? I convinced you to fall for me just so I could feed off you later. You’re special. Your blood would sustain me for years, but I can’t now. I’m sorry. Forgive me, and be my eternal love?”

Oh my lanta, I think he’s serious. “Wait, you think I actually love you? I agreed to that date because I felt bad for you and thought you deserved a chance, not because I love you. Plus, how can you think I could fall in love with someone after one date?”

“But,” he said, almost pathetically, “I’m a vampire. Everyone I look at falls in love with me.”

Alright, that’s it. Now I’m mad. “Oh do they?” I clenched my right fist and drove it into his face. He crumpled to the ground. “Looks like you’re the one falling this time. Creep.” I grabbed my bag and strode off toward home. Good riddance.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:35 pm

AWWWWWW! <3333333  I absolutely love that!  That's the best story I have seen from you yet.  That was great.  Thank you Very Happy
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:52 pm

o what fun it is to Read .. a story yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Aw I'm glad y'all like them  cuteeeeee idk
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleesa❥ Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:49 pm

nice shop! will definitely order<33
Aleesa❥
Aleesa❥
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 4226
Tickets 3904

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:17 am

Length Category:drabble
Genre: self discovery/friendship
Prompt/Summary (be as general or as specific as you like): two highly competitive users posting on a website about who's stuff is better, improving website and becoming closer buds with many back and forth postings to include many real ziggers.
Permission to post the finished product on tumblr?:as you wish..

Wink
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:14 am

Admin
Admin
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 0
Posts 12165
Tickets 1621

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down