Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphics Tutorial #1 - Colour splash.♥

+2
Holly
King K
6 posters

Go down

Graphics Tutorial #1 - Colour splash.♥ Empty Graphics Tutorial #1 - Colour splash.♥

Post by King K Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:06 pm

hey guys so today i'm going to be showing you how to create a colour splash effect on photoshop before we start let me introduce the tutorial and what you'll need.

disclaimer: i am in no way experienced with making graphics or in photoshop, i learnt how to do this in my photography lessons at school and i thought i'd share it c: This tutorial should also work in GIMP just the name of the tools/effects may be different.

what you need:
photoshop- i use cs6 and cs2 but for this tutorial i will use cs6.
a picture- it can be anything but i will use my babv character.

step 1:- first take a photo/ find a photo on the internet i suggest one with 1-2 colours in it/1-2 colours you want to splash.

this is the image i will be using:
Spoiler:

i suggest taking the picture in your cybearzone or inventory or anywhere where the background is all similar since we will be using the magic wand tool, i zoomed mine into 300% for the best quality. 

step 2:- open up photoshop and open up your photo you now want to select the magic wand tool, if you can't see it straight away find the quick selection tool and hold it down and you will then see the option for the magic wand tool and click it. 

open to find magic wand tool c::

now simply click one part of the background if the marching ants don't outline both of the bv character and the edge of the picture hold down shift and select any un-selected parts.

it should look like this:- 
open open open:

once it looks like that^ press delete on your keyboard to remove the background. 
if a box like this comes up: 
open open open:
do that and press ok<

tip: to get rid of the marking ants find the select section at the top and look down the options and choose deselect or press CTRL+D. 

if not all of your background hasn't been removed select the paintbrush tool and choose the colour white and zoom in (CTRL and +) and colour in those spaces.

step 4:- you should now have something that looks like this:- 
openopenopen:

you are now going to want to duplicate that layer which basically means copy that layer, you basically want to right click andddd:
how to duplicate xD:

you should now have two layers one called background and one called background copy. 

step 5:- REALLY IMPORTANT:- make sure you are on the BACKGROUND COPY layer while completing this step.

Make sure you have selected the background copy layer and then: 
openopenopen:
18658813]Graphics Tutorial #1 - Colour splash.♥ 610[/url]

this will turn the photo black and white.

step 6:- now taking the eraser tool you want to start erasing/colouring in parts of the picture that you want to be in colour for example I will be colouring in my eft and red panda ears and tail. 

step 7:- once you are finished save your photo, i save mine as jpg's (not jpg2000's).

Here's the finished product!

Graphics Tutorial #1 - Colour splash.♥ My_bab10

I hope you all found this tutorial helpful and easy I tried to make it as easy and understandable as I could, leave your thoughts and comments below and if any of you attempt this post it Razz 
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Graphics Tutorial #1 - Colour splash.♥ Empty Re: Graphics Tutorial #1 - Colour splash.♥

Post by Holly Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Thank you for posting <333
Holly
Holly
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 2542
Tickets 2479

Back to top Go down

Graphics Tutorial #1 - Colour splash.♥ Empty Re: Graphics Tutorial #1 - Colour splash.♥

Post by Aleesa❥ Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Wow gurl mad skill :p
I need photoshop cry cry but it's like too expensive
Aleesa❥
Aleesa❥
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 4226
Tickets 3904

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:45 am

No problem Holly<333 Aww Amy, my skill isn't that amazing Wink i downloaded mine from the link in the graphic artist section xD<333
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 am

nice
Ren
Ren
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 1
Posts 893
Tickets 900

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 pm

cool, thanks for sharing c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:06 pm

I don't use photoshop, but this is a great tutorial!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:24 am

Thank you c:
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 am

Great Tutorial<33 [:
Admin
Admin
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 0
Posts 12165
Tickets 1621

Back to top Go down

Post by King K Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 am

Thank youuu<333 c:
King K
King K
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 8187
Tickets 12447

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:08 am

No problem!<33
Admin
Admin
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 0
Posts 12165
Tickets 1621

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Locked; old.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down