Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read

+16
Savanah
ETRD
Mark
ReadtheRavishing
Hazza
Faye
Admin
Aleesa❥
Leela
Jəssıca
Timothy
Ani
Maddy
ali.
Moose
Catty♡
20 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Empty Re: The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read

Post by Moose Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:44 pm

OMG LOOOL

nice blog!♥
Moose
Moose
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 3655
Tickets 2969

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Empty Re: The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read

Post by ali. Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Whoaa do you live in some sort of boarding school or?
ali.
ali.
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 322
Tickets 325

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:25 pm

College Razz
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Wow that's so funny. xD
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:36 am

LOL I love your blog!
Maddy
Maddy
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Reputation 0
Posts 799
Tickets 977

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Empty I Mourn a Lindt Truffle

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:00 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Twohe15

~8.25.2014~

ITZA MONDAY

In fact, it's such a Monday, that I forgot about the Lindt Truffle I got from my Econ professor for acing the first quiz. And it's like 90 degrees outside so you can imagine what happened to it. 

It melted.
In my purse, which can be machine washed, but still. And all over my keys. Not to mention that's a perfectly good chocolate wasted. But seriously, what kind of college professor gives out FREAKING LINDT?

Ehhhhhhh.

Oh and now my roommate is searching the wilderness that is the internet trying to find this guy that works at the on campus McAllister's and is in her speech class who's been flirting with her. Our mirror is covered in possible last names (we only know his first name). And she wants me to go to the gym with her later when all I want to do is sleep.

Make it staaaaaaahp.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:02 pm

your life. is interesting (:
Ani
Ani
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 7561
Tickets 10115

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:27 pm

oo chocolate that sounds yummy, but sad that it melted. 
Anyways, about your roommate, it seems like she needs to track him down or something so she can get some more information on him.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Empty My Roommate Gets a Date

Post by ReadtheRavishing Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:04 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Twohe17
~8.27.2014~

Since I mentioned this last post I feel obligated to continue.
Alright, so, she knew the guy's first name and that was about it. A couple of days later we go to McAlister's, with the hidden motive, of course, of hoping the guy was there and she could find out more about him (particularly his last name so she could find him on Facebook). He's not there, but my roommate actually asks the woman who is there what his last name is. (a word about my roommate: SHE'S INSANE) Of course he just has to have one of the most common last names in the country and a very common first name too. 

After their mutual speech class today HE ACTUALLY TOOK HER TO LUNCH.

AND THEY'RE TEXTING ABOUT A STUDY DATE.

SSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

But of course she keeps asking me if I think he's flirting or is just being nice, and do you think he likes me, and all this stuff and I'm like look I've never even been on a date do you think I know these things?

There's also a new list on the mirror of his pros and cons. Mostly pros. One of them is "he held the door for me." Apparently, being from up north, she hasn't yet realized that down here, everyone holds the door for everyone. Just common courtesy.

If you ask me she's wayyyyyyy overthinking this but like I said I have absolutely no experience in this area. 

Also if she ever found out about me telling y'all this she would kill me. Whatever. IT'S CUTE OKAY.

Ok now back to the boring stuff. WE HAVE A STARBUCKS ON CAMPUS AND I HAVEN'T HAD THE TIME TO GO YET THIS IS AN ISSUE.

kthanksbye.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:13 pm

This is absolutely amazing read! I want more more more.
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:36 pm

bahahahaha!  I am so there with you Read.  I am so there.....
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:17 am

Brilliant blog Read! <3
Admin
Admin
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 0
Posts 12165
Tickets 1621

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:54 pm

Amazing blog! (:
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Empty I TX TN?

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:09 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Twohe18
~8.29.2014~

The UN-ness of this week has reached record high levels.
For starters, I've been sick with some sort of stomach virus. ALL WEEK. Now I'm used to those but basically I can't eat anything that has even the slightest chance of messing with me. In other words, nothing good. So that's UN.

Moving on. Macroeconomics. Is. UN. (warning rant ahead)
It's just boring. So so boring. I don't like politics. And I get why I have to take it since I have a business minor and all but UN. Not to mention the professor is super strict when it comes to lateness. Now, I hate being late and avoid it at all costs. But when you have 10 minutes to get out of Wedgewood and get to Massey, and your French professor keeps you over two minutes, and getting out of Wedgewood takes at least five minutes cause it's like trying to move through a funnel, and walking across campus takes at least four minutes, being a minute late is kinda inevitable. But NO. NO LATENESS. Wednesday, I was at most a minute past, and she almost didn't let me sign the attendance sheet, making me absent, which is a much bigger deal in college than it is in high school. And she goes over homework and assignments in the 5 minutes before class actually starts so last night I did the wrong assignment. Luckily she's gonna let me fix it. But it's still UN.

Less, but still UN, was French. Nothing was wrong with the class itself today, but we had a quiz. And I'm thinking, alright no problem, I got dis. Then this girl comes in with a big plastic cello case, which is normal considering this is a music school, but it had stickers all over it. And this one sticker looked like it should say "I  TN" but instead of the heart it was the shape of the state of Texas. So, "I Texas Tennessee"? I have no idea but it threw off my concentration and I misspelled "Salut" so he's probably gonna count off for that.

Ah, now the least UN part. 
MCKAY'S
If you don't know, and you probably don't, McKay's is a used bookstore. There's just three of them, one in my city, one in another close by, and another in Nashville. I didn't know about the one here until some people at my church were talking about it.
"I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS ONE HERE"
"YEAH THERE IS I'M GOING THIS WEEKEND HERE WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER WE CAN GO TOGETHER"
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I love McKay's. That's where I just got back from. And I got Anna Karenina (which is so long it's hard to find in hardback so I got softcover but that's ok), The Great Gatsby (in hardcover with Fitzgerald's next unfinished book because he died before he could finish it, and half the price of the flimsy paperback books with just Gatsby), and A HUGE GORGEOUS HARDBACK OF THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME. THE THING IS LIKE 13 X 9 OR SOMETHING IDK.

So that's more books to add to my list, but that's ok cause yesterday I finished The Giver and Journey to the Center of the Earth. 

Long story short: School is UN. Books are not. The End.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:34 pm

your life is so interesting. i love ur blog
Ani
Ani
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 0
Posts 7561
Tickets 10115

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Wow that probably would annoy me. I don't like being late either. I'm not really late anyways. I kinda feel like the same thing would have bothered me as well with the stickers.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Nice Wink  Something weird is that in my high school place thing.... My teachers are like, "Oh it's totally ok that you are 5-15 minutes late!"

And then my college orchestra teacher is like, "Don't be late again or i'll mark you off and maybe we will fire you from the orchestra. -_- *gives death glare*"

I think it's cause my other teachers have known me for a long time.  Idk...  I feel for ya though.... :/
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:35 pm

Well in college your grade can be seriously affected by your attendance. Not sure how that works with stuff like orchestra though. 
And good grief what kind of high school do you go to? My high school teachers knew me really really well and they still don't do late.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:32 pm

this is a really interesting blog
thanks for writing it :]
i'll be going to university/what you guys call 'college' in a couple years so some of this is useful ya
fun fact, in the UK 'college' is known as the educational place where students go the 2 years before university, so you go when you're about 16 rather than 18 (or you can stay on in school for two years instead, before applying to university)
Faye
Faye
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 2040
Tickets 849

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Empty You Know You're An AV Major When...

Post by ReadtheRavishing Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:11 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Twohe19
~9.2.2014~

WHAT THE SNOT IT'S SEPTEMBER WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

Yet at the same time's it's just a sad reminder that I still have three full months of school left before winter break. Meh.

Well my weekend was fairly standard despite it being a long weekend. Although, I did find out yesterday that one of my friends has a crush on the guy that I like.
WELL.
I mean, I really like her and all, but she's going down. I didn't say anything though. I don't do emotions very well. 

Ah! I also recently offered to edit stories on Wattpad, and have two responses already Very Happy One is a really interesting sci-fi story, and I'll make sure to give y'all the link when it's done.

The other, might be a bit of a problem. It's a critic (yes, an actual wattpad critic, just like I'm an editor) wanting me to edit and polish his writing guide. He's, what's the word...intimidating. Well he's been nice in his request and all but I mean...he's the one with a writing guide and he wants me to edit it. Does that make any sense? So, we'll see how that one turns out. Eep.

On a related note, I'm absolutely obsessed with Wattpad (THANKS ANI) and got two of my friends on there as well. 

Today I only had one class, at 2 pm, which is awesome. It was my Remote Video Production class, which has finally gotten interesting, since we're working on color correction. You know how sometimes a video clip or picture is a weird color, like it looks like it was taken through a blue filter? Color correction is basically fixing all that, and it's more complicated than it sounds. Luckily we have fancy editing programs to make it easier. And next year the media studies department is moving to the new building and we'll have a lab dedicated entirely to color correction, since it's such a delicate process, which will be totally amazing. 

Well sorry for the mediocre post summarizing a mediocre weekend. Hopefully something exciting will--

OH AND I APPLIED FOR A JOB YESTERDAY.
Right forgot about that. They haven't called me yet so I have no idea, but it's where my roommate works and she's gonna check on that for me. She said my having no experience may be a problem. But SERIOUSLY? I've seen stuff about you have to have experience to get experience and whatnot but I mean COME ON. I'd basically be taking food to tables it's not that hard.

Well hopefully the rest of the week is more exciting.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:24 pm

That sounds like a great day! Wattpad is amazing really (: And congrats on applying for a job! :DD
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Empty I Can English!

Post by ReadtheRavishing Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:01 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 2 Twohe20
~9.4.2014~

Pfft forget what I said about the job I applied for. I don't even care about that one anymore, cause yesterday I applied to be a WRITING TUTOR. WOOOOOOOO.
That would be way way better than working at a Mexican restaurant, just sayin. But I don't know when they'll get back to me on that. It was pretty much:
'Why do you think you would be a good choice for this position?'
And I was like, 'I LIKE WRITING SO MUCH I GOT AN AWARD FOR IT AND I CAN ENGLISH AND GRAMMAR.'

Nah just kidding not like that. Mom said I probably shouldn't mention the Wattpad stuff on a job app though. 

'BUT I LOVE IT SO MUCH I'M WRITING STUFF'
'Kelsey, but they might not like Wattpad.'
'WHO DOESN'T LIKE WATTPAD?'
'Maybe an academic institution where they don't need to know their tutors are posting random stories on the internet.'
'...oh.'

The critic guy I was worried about wasn't a bit of a problem. Easy peasy. Except now I feel the strong urge to reevaluate everything I've ever written.

Another aced macroeconomics quiz, and this time I didn't forget about the chocolate so I didn't ruin my purse...again.

But my roommate and I had to walk all the way to Vandy's campus to get something and now my legs hurt.

But French is the best class of the semester, hands down.

Sort of hit-or-miss week. Oh well. 

Rock on guys.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:32 pm

Nice!  -  You make college sound like a breeze.....
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:10 pm

It's really not as scary as most people make it out to be. Unless you're like, an engineering major or something. Then I'd imagine it'd be harder.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:55 am

Rofl!!!!!!! This blog is amazing!!!!!!!
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next