Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read

+16
Savanah
ETRD
Mark
ReadtheRavishing
Hazza
Faye
Admin
Aleesa❥
Leela
Jəssıca
Timothy
Ani
Maddy
ali.
Moose
Catty♡
20 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Empty Re: The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read

Post by ETRD Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Omg, what ever happened to your friend with the guy at the restaurant???? I like how you refer to your dorm as your "suite" :] bblllleeruugh
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Empty Re: The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read

Post by ReadtheRavishing Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:12 pm

ETRD wrote:Omg, what ever happened to your friend with the guy at the restaurant???? I like how you refer to your dorm as your "suite" :] bblllleeruugh
Ah, she moved out about a month ago and went back home, so the room's all mine Very Happy she did become friends with the guy but he apparently had a girlfriend so i dunno.
And the building is the "dorm", and a "suite" is two double occupancy rooms joined by a bathroom so that's why I call it that.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:13 pm

ReadtheRavishing wrote:
ETRD wrote:Omg, what ever happened to your friend with the guy at the restaurant???? I like how you refer to your dorm as your "suite" :] bblllleeruugh
Ah, she moved out about a month ago and went back home, so the room's all mine Very Happy she did become friends with the guy but he apparently had a girlfriend so i dunno.
And the building is the "dorm", and a "suite" is two double occupancy rooms joined by a bathroom so that's why I call it that.
so she is no longer in college????
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:16 pm

ETRD wrote:
ReadtheRavishing wrote:
so she is no longer in college????
She's taking a semester off and planning to come back in the fall
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:25 pm

oh why???? lol
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Money stuff, who knows what else
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:35 pm

ahhhhhhhhhh ok thanks xDDd i feel like i am there
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Dude that sounds crazy.  I got snowed in so Tuesday we got to skip school XD  Nice post!
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:02 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Twohe10
~4.7.2015~

IT'S BEEN SO LONG

*waves shyly* hey guys.

Ok so let's recap the last month and a half. Hm.

Spring Break. Great. Rained the whole flipping time. Didn't really do anything special.

Easter Break. Awesome. Except not. Because reasons. Y'know. Wow I'm so poetic today aren't I.

Right well we're in the home stretch. Less than a month and I'm out of here and get to go home for summer break! I'm taking one summer class online, but I'm not too worried about it. It's for my fine arts credit and is called, literally, "The Popular Music Experience." Whatever that means...like do I have to listen to a Top 40 radio station for homework and write a paper on the CMT Music Awards? Oh well. It was the only class offered online that I actually needed.

Speaking of which, I've got five classes lined up for the fall:
Third Year Writing, Junior Cornerstone/some religion class I haven't picked yet (omg i'm gonna be a junior help), Psychology, Advanced Video Production, and 
Cost Accounting.

Awesome.

Of course that all depends on registration and we know how dependable that process is.

Also! I thought I'd have to retake my AV workshop cause it was basically a mess but I met with my advisor yesterday and he said if I did extra projects alongside Advanced Video Production next semester he'd pass me anyway. 
HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD.
I've spent the past month making myself absolutely sick over this stupid class and it took not even 5 minutes to get it cleared up so, take it from me, things are never gonna turn out as badly as you worry they will. 

*facepalm* I'm such an idiot.

As for summer, I'm just trekking it on home. Hopefully my dad's van can fit all my stuff. I'll hopefully get a job, preferably one involving me tutoring high school kids in reading and writing, but I'd settle for retail I guess. Just not food service. No. I'm done with that.

Rock on beautiful people <3
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:00 pm

so all positive credits for classes... YaY cheers

moooooving on.. where did that semester go ... ?   Arrow

networking for the summer job?  sounds lovely - have known some tutors doing well. some put their name in with resource centers at schools  and others with independent testing centers - I think two now run tutoring businesses .. good possibilities.. timing is important.

video and education Cool

enjoy this time of your life, thanks for sharing.
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Awesome blog Read! It's really interesting reading about your college life as someday that's going to be me which is scary. You are lucky as a college student to get out earlier, I seriously just want to sleep all of the time and be in summer already.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:52 pm

College really isn't so scary. It seems like that way because of all the hype it gets in high school, but it's not near as bad as most teachers make it out to be. Believe me, I was downright terrified before I got here. No big Very Happy
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:35 pm

I don't know really, I just can't think of it as I'm only a sophomore in high school. I'm not really independent or anything as my mom does a lot for me so it will be weird not having her around, but I'm not thinking about that now.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Empty Give Me CRNs or Give Me Death

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:59 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Twohe11

~4.17.2015~

Well. That was interesting.

Me, last week:
Speaking of which, I've got five classes lined up for the fall:
Third Year Writing, Junior Cornerstone/some religion class I haven't picked yet (omg i'm gonna be a junior help), Psychology, Advanced Video Production, and Cost Accounting.

Ah, good times, when I was young and naive and actually thought that was how things were gonna work out. NOT.

I'd forgotten that lots of classes fill up the day before I got to register because the seniors and non-traditionals register earlier. So Tuesday night, less than 12 hours before I was set to pick my classes, I was panicking because EVERYTHING I wanted was already full and I had to scramble to rescue my schedule. 

This is what I ended up with.
The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Fall2010

In other words, I only got Cost Accounting out of the planned 5. And I had to take the night class. Which stinks. Don't take evening classes if you don't have to. On the bright side I have nothing before 9:30. Don't take 8 a.m.'s if you don't have to. You think: oh, well I had classes in high school starting at 8:00 and handled them no problem. Surely I can do the same in college!

WRONG. SO WRONG.

Eww I just realized my wellness class and digital imaging are on completely separate ends of campus and I'll only have 15 minutes to get there. Darn it. 

Anyway, my professor might be able to get me into the Advanced Video Class anyway, but I might just wait for that one and go ahead and take the two art classes since they're prerequisites, or classes you have to take before you take other classes, for all the other art classes I need. I don't even need to take Photography I for my major, which I'll have to buy a manual camera for, but I need it to get into Digital Photography which I do need. Do you see the problem here?

Alright I'm getting off my registration horror rant. 

So! I've had my eye on this super nice camera bundle on Amazon for awhile. It's the camera, extra lens, filter, tripod, bag, flash, SD cards, the whole nine yards, for waaaaaaay cheaper than I could have found it anywhere else. I planned to work this summer to save up for it (it's like $670) and buy it before next semester. Buuuuuut my parents are amazing and agreed to go ahead and get it and I can pay them back this summer instead of having to wait to get it. Yes. This is a real camera guys. You may think it's silly but the industry I'm heading into is serious about this kind of stuff. Of course, this is still the "beginner's camera" but it's a step in the right direction.

Ooh, story time. Sunday night I was with some people from my church at Bojangles' after the evening service because Bojangles' is the best. One of the guys mentioned he had gotten a 5000 piece puzzle that was like 4 x 5 foot and he had to build a table just to work it on. I, being the jigsaw puzzle enthusiast that I am, jump in and ask about the brand of the puzzle and the size and mention some of the puzzles I've done cause there have been some good ones (though I haven't done any 5000 pieces). We look over at the other 4 people there staring at us like we've got two heads. "Did you seriously just ask about the brand of a 5000 piece puzzle??" Well of course. Everyone knows Ravensburger is the prime standard. If it isn't Ravensburger you should probably reconsider. So we keep on talking about puzzles and it somehow turned into them challenging me, self-proclaimed puzzle wizard, to do a 5000 piece puzzle this summer and basically race the other guy and try to beat his time.

I'm not sure if they were completely serious but, come on, like I'm gonna turn that challenge down. So this baby arrived at my house today:
The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Ravens10
Besides, I've always wanted to do one this big. They just gave me a good reason to do it. Hopefully my dad's work table in the basement is big enough.

Rock on beautiful people.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Sounds awesome. Sorry you only got one class out of the others you wanted. Good luck on completing the puzzle!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Lol, I totally forgot what you want to do for a living XD What was it again? o.O I thought it was business related and not photography related. If you're really taking a digital imaging and/or photo editing class, dude, I want to know all about it! Lovely blog Read sparklllyy cutie
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:30 pm

My major is Multimedia, which is like Audio/Video + graphic arts. I'd like to do something in the video production field, like commercials or whatnot. Very Happy 

The business thing is sorta on the side in case I ever have the opportunity to run a little business myself. Since changing my minor to accounting I'm thinking if I end up with a smaller business that can't pay for a full time accountant I could do that too, plus if the entertainment industry tanks I can just go to UTK, finish off my accounting degree, and get certified.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:01 am

That's a fabulous idea! I'll be praying for ya to do well in school Wink
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 pm

keep up the fine blog, o yeah, and do good in your studies..
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 pm

SOUNDS AWESOMMMMEEEEE
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:44 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Twohe11
~6.12.2015~

'Sup. 

Well, I managed to survive finals and moving out of my dorm! 

Adjusting to living in a house with four other people after a semester of solitude was a bit rough at first, especially since my brother has roped the rest of my family into being Chicago Cubs Baseball fans, which I couldn't care less about. It's on all day, err' day. Did you know MLB teams play like 160 games per season? Yeesh. And the season won't end until I go back to school so I'm stuck with it.

So I just stay in my room with my online summer class (which is much more of a pain than I anticipated, by the way), and my books, which I just got a new pretty home for! 

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Img_0312

*sniff* so beautiful. At first I tried organizing them by color:

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 Img_0211

But it was a mess and I couldn't find anything and the series were all split up so I did it the "proper" way.

As far as a summer job goes...yeah that didn't exactly work out. I was so burnt out from working all year that the thought of working at Chick-fil-a all summer made me sick. So now I'm basically a paid live-in housekeeper for my parents; cooking, cleaning, chauffeuring, and doing whatever they ask, whenever, wherever. So by no means do I have any more free time than I did during the school year, unfortunately, especially since neither or my siblings can drive yet and my parents are usually at work or sick so I get to drive them half an hour to a bookstore to buy a $3 comic book. Yay. At least I have my bigger bed back.

Well, our 'vacation' is next week, and I say 'vacation' because we do the same thing all the time. Not that it's any less fun. But I'd love to go to Cedar Point or Carowinds amusement park, somewhere I've not been before, ya know?

Anywho. That's pretty much it. I really just wanted to show off my bookshelves.

Rock on beautiful people.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanah Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:49 pm

Nice post! Amazing bookshelves. So beautiful. <3
Savanah
Savanah
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 10
Posts 4447
Tickets 11470

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:34 pm

so much fun for the summer.
by the way goCards!!!
cubs, yeah, right

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 6 2011ringTopRC_zps45837f18
goCards
goCards
Posting Guru
Posting Guru

Reputation 0
Posts 16947
Tickets 9297

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:38 pm

I know. it's sad.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by gabby Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Oh my gods I'm really jealous of how many books you have :O 

Nice post<3
gabby
gabby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reputation 16
Posts 8910
Tickets 4424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next