Fandomtopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read

+16
Savanah
ETRD
Mark
ReadtheRavishing
Hazza
Faye
Admin
Aleesa❥
Leela
Jəssıca
Timothy
Ani
Maddy
ali.
Moose
Catty♡
20 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Empty Why Economists Disagree for 500

Post by ReadtheRavishing Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:22 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Twohe21
~9.8.2014~

Sup people? Have a good weekend? Gooooooood. I spent mine doing math homework, but eh. Oh and I finally went to the on-campus Starbucks, but they didn't have a full menu so they didn't have my caramel ribbon crunch frappacino but that's ok I lived.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I DID IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I DID IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
I OWNED EVERY SECOND THAT THIS WORLD COULD GIVE
I SAW SO MANY PLACES AND THINGS THAT I DID
YEAH WITH EVERY BROKEN BONE
I SWEAR I LIVED

What huh sorry couldn't help it. (try typing that while listening to mumford and sons yeah it takes focus)

Uh ok so let's see, interesting stuff.

OH a friend of mine has this speed reading app thing called Spritz, and I don't know much about it but I have a reading speed of at least 700 words a minute (I don't like boasting about anything but I'm very proud of my reading skills.)

Today in Macroeconomics we did this chapter review game thingy, and it was in Jeopardy format. And my team won because they threw in "What is the name of Primrose Everdeen's cat?" and everyone was like "lolwut" and I knew it so we won. HA.

And I was facetiming my family earlier, and my dad said he got pulled over while he was driving but he talked himself out of it. He has this fancy schmancy radar detector thing and it's linked to his phone, so as he was reporting that there was a police car in the area, the policeman thought he was texting and pulled him over. But dad showed him he wasn't actually texting and he let him off. Like, ok dad so if I ever talk myself out of a ticket you can't get mad at me, kay? (what even Google 'texting' is a word)

Also, S. Truett Cathy, the founder of Chick-fil-a, died last night. Sad I owe so much to that man. If you don't know his story you should really look it up. Truly inspiring guy right there.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. Still job hunting; I'm gonna apply for more in case nothing else works out. 

Stay awesome.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Empty Re: The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read

Post by Hazza Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Nice blog!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Empty Bon Weekend

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:43 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Twohe22
~9.12.2014~

Oh my gosh I just noticed the serving size on my box of Frosted Mini Wheats says "21 biscuits".
BISCUITS????

Anyway. It's Friday! And it's not sweltering outside! And I got Chick-fil-A! WOOOOOOOOOO

Ok ladies I have a question: heels. WHY??? I mean I can't wear them, cause a) my feet are too fat and  b) I would topple over and kill myself. For example, in my Mass Media & Society class we had to "create" a newspaper and present it to the class. And this one girl in my group, well she looks like she's about my height, maybe a little taller, until she's standing next to me and the top of my head just barely reaches her shoulder. And that's when I noticed her shoes. Platform heels, at least 4 inches. 

I don't get heels at all, but especially not when you're a college student and you're walking all over campus in those things. Seriously, why?

The magazine assignment was just to come up with a title, audience, mission statement, examples of stories, ads, and that kind of thing. Ours, (and I did not come up with this) is called "Raising ____" (y'all can probably fill in the blank) and it's a magazine for parents of teenagers. Not a real thing btw cause we have no idea how to run a magazine. I just found it really funny cause the rest of the groups had magazines about coffee and outdoor/travel and tattoos, but no we had to have the most awkward topic, and I mean, really, REALLY awkward. Erg. I take no credit.

Oh and I have a solution to my "have to maneuver the funnel to get to my macroeconomics class on time or I'll be absent" problem. I found the walkway through another building, so I don't even have to go outside. Convenient.

On Monday, the guy who wrote the book "God's Not Dead", yes the book the movie was based on, is coming to speak and that's gonna be really really awesome. I haven't seen the movie yet but my dad brought it to me yesterday so that's my plan for tonight. We have really awesome people come here, like I know the country singer Josh Turner is coming in November. I missed Larry the Cucumber the other day though cause I had to finish French hw and I didn't have enough time to get there and ugh.

Speaking of French I had my first test today and I'm pretty sure I passed. *SELF HIGH FIVE*

Also, you guys rock. Just throwing that out there.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Empty Re: The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read

Post by Hazza Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:46 pm

I never wear heels okay, so I'm definitely know how you feel. I would never wear heels to school if I have to walk up the stairs and whatnot. I only wear heels probably only for my chorus concerts and even that is like maybe one inch or 2? Anyways, amazing blog once again!!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Empty I'm So Fierce.

Post by ReadtheRavishing Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:08 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Twohe23
~9.16.2014~

Alright this is getting ridiculous. Rice Broocks, the author of God's Not Dead I was telling you about? Well I was so excited to see him, just to get to the chapel and find out the event was moved across campus, which as I've mentioned before, is impossible to get to and back in the allotted time. So I missed that. Then I learned they were giving out free copies of the book afterward. UN.

Well on the bright side I got an extra hour to study for my math test, which I probably didn't need because it was way easier than I anticipated. And it was even printed on yellow paper, so cute. 

Saturday, I wore my jacket. Yes, my fluffy Colombia jacket. In mid-September. That just ain't right if you ask me, especially when just last week it was like 89 or something. And now it's cold. That's Tennessee for you though. I used to think it was just East Tennessee but apparently not. If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes, it'll change. Saturday was also Preview Day, which we have every month or so, where a bunch of prospective students come to check the school out. For us, this means avoiding most places, especially the cafeteria between 12 and 2:30. Just don't do it. Not worth it. I feel like this is what living in a tourist city feels like. 

Preview Day also means Showcase Day. There are four, I think: Christian, Urban Pop, Rock, and Country. They're super cool, student-produced music competitions, sort of like a battle of the bands on steroids. The winner of each then goes on to compete in Best of the Best Showcase. This weekend was the Christian Showcase. I went mostly cause my friend's band was playing, and they were SO GOOD UGH. Unfortunately they didn't win. 

Ah, and yesterday, in French class, this happened.
Guy I Sit Next To: Hey Kelsey, you know who you remind me of?
Me: Uh...no?
Him: Beyonce. You're just so fierce.
Me: WAIT WHAT.

It was pretty much the best, cause "fierce" is the last word I would use to describe myself. I just started cracking up, and when I told my brother he said, "marry him." So that happened, and I'm pretty sure he's gonna call me that for the rest of the semester.

Keep calm and rock on.

UPDATE
I almost forgot about carnival day! That's when the cafeteria is all decked out and there's hot dogs and cotton candy and all kinda of yummy fried stuff like those smiley face fries we had in elementary school! Aka "I hearby toss all dietary restraint out the window" I mean when you're offered a footlong corndog you don't say no.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:11 pm

This is a great blog :DD
i'd marry him

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Fantastic posts! <3
Admin
Admin
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 0
Posts 12165
Tickets 1621

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Wow amazing!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Empty BOOKS FOREVER

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:16 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Twohe24
~9.19.2014~

Welp first things first, I didn't get the writing tutor job. But hey, I mean, I was up against juniors and seniors so I don't feel so bad about it. 

Recap time!

Wednesday, in Mass Media & Society (which is a really long name, so I just call it MMS) I gave a presentation with a group on The Future of Books (I know, fitting right?) and we talked about what books would look like in 25 years. We figure that the physical book isn't in any real danger of extinction due to ebooks, but the market for them will be smaller and yada yada. Personally, I don't like ebooks. I'd much rather pay more for a big cumbersome book than for a few megabits of data manifesting as words on a screen. Our closer was something like this: We know there will be books until the end of time, because in Revelation it mentions the Lamb's Book of Life. Therefore God has books. TAKE THAT KINDLE. (it was said in comic relief, but it's true.)

Aaaaaaaaanyway. I took my first Macroeconomics test today, which was significantly more difficult than I expected but I still think I did ok. Not sure when I'm going to need to know how much fruit Argentina is going to export to Peru, but eh.

Then, there's math. I don't know what I scored on that test yet, but today, we went over linear equations. Now, there's nothing wrong with linear equations and substitution and elimination and all that jazz, except I've literally known how to do that stuff for about....six years now? I mean this is literally Algebra I in a college class. And Wednesday, we did interest, like interest rates and principles and such. Which I've also been doing for at least four years. Finally she started adding in logarithms and stuff but still, we wasted at least two class periods on stuff I, and hopefully most everyone else, already know.

.......and how much tuition am I paying you?

At least yesterday we finally got to use the cameras in my production class. They're different than the ones I used in the Intro class. Lots more buttons, smaller, and about $2000 more expensive. Eep.

Rock on beautiful people.
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Sounds awesome!
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:36 pm

Nice!  I was praying for you on the test lol.  I hope you did well!   I'm looking forward to Tuesday night -
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:43 pm

Mark wrote:Nice!  I was praying for you on the test lol.  I hope you did well!   I'm looking forward to Tuesday night -
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Empty AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Post by ReadtheRavishing Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:53 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Twohe25
~9.24.2014~

Alright y'all first things first.

I MET MARKKKKKKKKKK 
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
And her mom and sister and they're all fantastic human beings. And they didn't kill me when they offered to take me home so that's a plus. And we'll get to meet up more sometime and I'm freaking out and ahahahaahaaaaaa. Not that I haven't been freaking out all weekend but you know. AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Calm. I'm calm.

Anywho, in French today, one of the girls brought a friend of hers who isn't in the class so she could check it out and see if she wanted to take it next semester. It took my professor TWENTY MINUTES to realize there was an extra person in the class. And he's crazy so he was like, "don't report me I promise I'm a good teacher" and all. It was pretty much the most awesome thing ever. He says the best way to learn is to attach the information with a strong emotion, and the best is, of course, joy and laughter so we spend half the class cracking up. It's true though.

Also the writing center thing didn't work out, so I applied at the dining hall and am going to talk to the hiring manager tomorrow so here's hoping. 

ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:54 pm

ReadtheRavishing wrote:The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Twohe25
~9.24.2014~

Alright y'all first things first.

I MET MARKKKKKKKKKK 
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
And her mom and sister and they're all fantastic human beings. And they didn't kill me when they offered to take me home so that's a plus. And we'll get to meet up more sometime and I'm freaking out and ahahahaahaaaaaa. Not that I haven't been freaking out all weekend but you know. AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Calm. I'm calm.

Anywho, in French today, one of the girls brought a friend of hers who isn't in the class so she could check it out and see if she wanted to take it next semester. It took my professor TWENTY MINUTES to realize there was an extra person in the class. And he's crazy so he was like, "don't report me I promise I'm a good teacher" and all. It was pretty much the most awesome thing ever. He says the best way to learn is to attach the information with a strong emotion, and the best is, of course, joy and laughter so we spend half the class cracking up. It's true though.

Also the writing center thing didn't work out, so I applied at the dining hall and am going to talk to the hiring manager tomorrow so here's hoping. 

that is so cool! i wanna mee5t yall lol
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Well if you're ever in Nashville let us know! Very Happy
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:58 pm

I'm glad you had fun with Mark! :DD
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:58 pm

ReadtheRavishing wrote:Well if you're ever in Nashville let us know! Very Happy
i maybe will be next month rofl
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Gosh.. your blog is so brilliant! <3 I'm glad all went to plan and that you got to meet Mark! Wow! :'D
Admin
Admin
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 0
Posts 12165
Tickets 1621

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:26 pm

i know so cool!
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Yeah, Read totally beats me at being awesome for sure -  It was a pretty splendid time!  I hope maybe one day we can hang longer and maybe play a little....idk....Five Nights At Freddy's? Wink
Mark
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 0
Posts 1039
Tickets 1082

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:17 pm

Ehhh if you don't mind me screaming your ear off, sure!
ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by ETRD Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:36 pm

ReadtheRavishing wrote:Ehhh if you don't mind me screaming your ear off, sure!
i should come for just the 54 or so hours rofl!
ETRD
ETRD
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 2
Posts 3256
Tickets 21075

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Empty DMCV!

Post by ReadtheRavishing Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:17 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Twohe26
~10.3.2014~

Hey people! Have a good week? Yes? Good! No? Hey there's always next week, ya?

Well, for starters, I had a Macro quiz Wednesday, a French quiz yesterday, a French test today, and have math and MMS tests on Monday. Yay me!

...that's called sarcasm people. Necessary for surviving life. Learn it, live it, love it.

On the bright side, my friend sent me caramel corn, candy corn, and chex mix in the mail today so that's gonna be my dinner #yolo.

Also, I got a job working at the dining hall here on campus, and I start tomorrow. I'm starting off with 15 hours a week and can request more if I think I can handle it, but honestly I don't think I will. Fun stuff. But I have a tuition bill to pay so here goes.

Now, there's a particular issue I want to address that HOPEFULLY doesn't have anything to do with you guys, at least not yet. Guys, for the love of all things sacred and educational, DON'T SKIP CLASS.

Seriously. Unless you've got the flu or are puking your guts out or have some other emergency, just don't do it. Don't skip class just because you don't want to go. It's a lot easier to skip class in college than in high school, because there's not much to stop you, but don't be tempted. Few reasons:

-Now, I know in bigger schools with huge lecture classes with like 200 students, professors really can't take the time to take roll, so if you don't show, there's no record of it either way. However, in my school, where the biggest classes only have like 30 students, it's obvious if you aren't there. Also, if you miss a certain percentage of the classes in the semester, you fail. No discussion. For example, if I miss more than 5 of my MMS classes, my grade drops. If I miss more than 9, I fail automatically. Bad, bad idea to skip. Better to save those absences for when you really need them.

-You're really only hurting yourself, because you'll probably miss important information, and a lot of professors won't take late work or let you make up tests and quizzes. Very bad. My dad told me about a professor he had when he was in college, and so many people would skip his class that he would add a completely nonsense question to his tests and quizzes, and the only way to know the answer is if you're in class when he gives it to you. Like, the question would be, "Why do dogs like watermelon?" and the answer would be "Because the farmer's roof is pink." 

That may have been random, but it came to mind when we were reviewing for our math test today, and after 15 minutes the professor said, "If you don't have any questions, you can leave, but if you do you can stay and we'll go over more stuff." and two thirds of the class up and left. Like, you may think you know it all, but you probably don't. Don't walk away from extra help.

Sorry for the rant, but it really bugs me. Especially when we're paying so much for this school, and people just throw it away. I haven't missed a single class yet in my entire college career *knocks on wood*.

Anyway, fall break is next week! Well, sort of. I'm going home next Friday after classes and come back Tuesday evening. Not much compared to the week-long fall break I used to get, but I haven't been home in a month and a half and I miss my big full-size bed.

Oh! and DMCV is the French version of TGIF. "Dieu Merci C'est Vendredi", I think.

ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:27 pm

I totally agree with you. Never miss class unless of course you get sick and can't attend.
Hazza
Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Reputation 29
Posts 86778
Tickets 79474

Back to top Go down

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Empty HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Post by ReadtheRavishing Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:17 pm

The World of Higher Education~a blog by Read - Page 3 Twohe27
~10.12.2014~

FALLLLLLLLLLLLL BREAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Oh glorious of times!

Y'know, in high school, we got a full week. Now I just get two days plus the weekend (not that I"m complaining but come onnnn) I came home Friday night and am leaving Tuesday night to go back to school. It's my first trip back home since the semester started, and that means REAL FOOD!
And my car! I missed my baby. And my cat! And my bed! And my ceiling fan, and oh my gosh I get to light candles!

Also, I started work at the dining hall! Last Saturday I worked the cash register, which is basically swiping ID cards for about three hours. Then Tuesday and Thursday nights I worked at the deli station which isn't so monotonous but it's harder and more involved; it's kinda like a mini, mini Subway. Which is cool, but I don't think I want to eat another sandwich ever again.

And I got really good grades on my MMS and math tests so yay! There's hope for the dean's list yet lol.

Hmmm I guess that's it for my life right now.....boring haha

ReadtheRavishing
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Reputation 1
Posts 2133
Tickets 2830

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next